Thread: Rick and Morty

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I know it's an incredibly boring thing to say, but it's sad to watch this show be reduced to it's shallow jokes by the vast majority of people who watch it.
    There's so much subtext and amazing twisting of tropes in this show that is so maniacal and layered, and it's missed by the people who just think the base humour on the surface is all there is to it.
    Eh, maybe I'm just getting old, or I'm too much of a Dan Harmon fan...
    Latest episode was brilliant, per usual.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    I know it's an incredibly boring thing to say, but it's sad to watch this show be reduced to it's shallow jokes by the vast majority of people who watch it.
    There's so much subtext and amazing twisting of tropes in this show that is so maniacal and layered, and it's missed by the people who just think the base humour on the surface is all there is to it.
    Yeah, I totally agree. I was late to the party (watching the show prior to season 2 premiere) but as an avid Adult Swim viewer I would've been a fan eventually. I notice this show has gotten mega popular in the last year for no reason. I find it funny a show that was largely ignored has a HUGE mainstream fan base now out of no where. It's been ramping up but eventually it's came to this.

The premiere was good. I read that the Adult Swim store is releasing a new t shirt every week that reflects each episode of the season as it goes on. This weeks is muscle memory arm Morty flexing haha.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Well the same could be said about Futurama and other T.V. shows really.