Page 137 of 150 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,110 of 4497

Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Same, as did another friend of mine. Crazy we all went for silver, and even crazier that gold is already sold out.
    The Smashing Pumpkins, pretty much the only band the non-autographed versions sell out before the autographed versions.
    Not bothering with this release, I'm sure somebody's going to rip the vinyl and upload it soon enough.
    I'm not really interested in anything unless they do a digital/CD release.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    The Smashing Pumpkins, pretty much the only band the non-autographed versions sell out before the autographed versions.
    Not bothering with this release, I'm sure somebody's going to rip the vinyl and upload it soon enough.
    I'm not really interested in anything unless they do a digital/CD release.
    Vinyl is pretty much the one medium where it seems an artist could overcharge their fans to get as much money as they can, so it is no wonder Billy chose to go vinyl only. I'm not saying all artists do this, but Billy sure as hell does. He is about getting as much money as he can with each release. Once he said they would be vinyl exclusive and now have clearly become a cash grab, I have just decided to ignore the archive releases and tune them out. Vinyl is probably the worst format to experience a live concert. Constant fade in/outs of crowd noise, broken up across sides and records.

Even if the vinyl pressing industry was up and running smoothly and Billy was able to do more frequent releases, does he really expect fans to drop $75-150 or more every month or so (not even including insane shipping costs)?
    Last edited by neorev; 08-01-2021 at 08:44 AM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Yes he does:

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    BC did another Instagram update video (which he says he doesn't like to do as often anymore as he believes Instagram is preventing him from getting his videos out to everyone who wants to hear them...whatever).

Pertinent stuff:

Machina reissue - There is now a concrete release date "written on paper". It is officially slated for release, but he can't announce the date until "they're ready to pull the trigger". (I'm guessing he means the record label).

Getting the next archival release ready, which he hints at being - "Early, early stuff".

He's been using Carstens and Orange amps on the new album, some old Laney, and vintage Mashalls, and his new prototype Reverend guitar a lot. Still working at it.

Also working on putting all of the material between Machina and Oceania on streaming services.

His daughter informed everyone tuning in that A) she is a cat, and B) she saw Batman.

The online SP store has the Machina II Teardrops T-shirt up for preorder for a week, and that's one of the best damn merch choices they've put up in ages IMO. I nabbed 2.

Also, they're playing Riot Fest today - this is according to Billy the longest time he's ever gone without playing a gig. They're going to be doing a number of Cyr songs, so time to see how those translate live.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 09-17-2021 at 11:37 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-s...-fest-3049021?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I was there. It was a very pleasant surprise. As was Crush.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    The Colour of Love
    Bullet With Butterfly Wings
    Today
    Crush
    Drown
    Quiet
    Cyr
    Wyttch
    Solara (w/ Jimmy Drum solo)
    Eye
    Ava Adore
    Tonight, Tonight (Acoustic)
    Stand Inside Your Love
    Cherub Rock
    Zero
    Ramona
    Disarm
    Shame
    United States

That's a respectable setlist. Some hits, some deep cuts. So glad to see them break out Quiet again!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm not super big on the CYR album, but those tracks fit in perfectly with that set list. Now, gimme some Superchrist!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Someone on the SP reddit just noticed that the clips of Lucky 13, Slow Dawn, and Vanity up on today's Instagram story for the MII shirts seem to be cleaned up. Vanity seems like it packs a bit more punch and I'm not sure but I think Slow Dawn might be a different vocal take.

Anyone know how to rip Instagram audio?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUF5ThHlTSA/

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    https://www.nme.com/news/music/billy...tours-3052648?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I was 13... sigh.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    https://www.nme.com/news/music/watch...rities-3068659

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    The 4 versions of Machina II which have been up on archive.org for god knows how many years now have been removed...

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Thought it'd be worth mentioning here that Billy's father, William Corgan Sr., passed away recently. He was a blues guitarist. Had a solo on The Last Song, on The Aeroplane Flies High.

And he was a tremendous influence on Billy in terms of his becoming a musician. In effect, no Bill Sr., no SP.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 12-19-2021 at 04:49 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    The 4 versions of Machina II which have been up on archive.org for god knows how many years now have been removed...
    Ffs. Periodic reminder that archive.org is not backup; to download and seed the torrents when you grab something; and erm that’s all I’ve got.

Edit: this one slipped through the cracks, perhaps because it's catagorized as live. It's a fan remaster: https://archive.org/details/tsp2000-09-05

Also this one is up, I think it always has been: https://archive.org/details/machina2

and this one https://archive.org/details/MIItFaEoMM

and this one https://archive.org/details/MachinaI...sOfModernMusic
    Last edited by jmtd; 12-21-2021 at 08:21 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I forgot about Jimmy's crazy performance on Lucky (13).

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    People are starting to get their Viper Room LPs. Cover art:

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Surprised they lasted that long.

I took a look through the links that @jmtd posted, and I can't tell which versions/rips are wholly represented. So...

https://mega.nz/folder/agphxI4b#HZGFgai8XavUn6S6OQ88Pg

SPIFC is VBR MP3, the rest are lossless (from .shn to .flac). I just pulled these from an "unsorted" external HDD, so the filenames, etc., are all over the place.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    http://www.instagram.com/p/CaQLanPBkak/

Signed up in hopes that it's related to the Machina remaster

Prepared to be disappointed

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    http://www.instagram.com/p/CaQLanPBkak/

Signed up in hopes that it's related to the Machina remaster

Prepared to be disappointed
    I highly doubt it'll have anything to do with Machina. I am beginning to suspect that won't come out for another year.
    If it's not another wave of sub-par merch, then my money's on a tour announcement. Still seems too early to have the new album announcement and/or a new single.
    It is 2022, maybe it'll be a 10th anniversary of Oceania? But yeah, I'd say prepare to be disappointed and if it's something actually cool, then you'll be excited!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New small tour.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It's the tour I was supposed to see in May of 2020 only this time I can't go!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Third archive release just went up. Consists of a bunch of early live recordings, a few previously unknown songs they only did once:

Rubano Tapes Vol. 1:

Side A:

Honeyspider (The Unicorn 5.25.90)
    Not Worth Asking (Cabaret Metro 6.24.89)
    Ball + Chain (Cabaret Metro 11.18.89)
    Slunk (Cabaret Metro 6.22.91)
    My Eternity (Eddy St. Rehearsal 10.2.88)

Side B:

Bleed (Rehearsal/A+H Furniture 9.28.88)
    Blue Light (O’Cayz Corral 3.30.90)
    Over You (The Gallery 4.6.90)
    C’mon (Cabaret Metro 12.29.89)

Side C:

365 (The Unicorn 4.7.90)
    Salt (Cabaret Metro 10.29.89)
    Armed To The Teeth (Avalon Niteclub 10.29.88)
    Morning Jam (The Unicorn 2.19.90)
    Vanilla (O’Cayz Corral 1.18.90)

Side D:

Daughter (Avalon Niteclub 5.27.89)
    Siva (Cabaret Metro 6.22.91)
    The Vigil (inc.) (Rehearsal/A+H Furniture 9.28.88)
    Try To Try (The Unicorn 4.7.90)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Billy is charging EIGHTY...80 freakin bucks for these double LPs ?!?!?!?! And thats the non-autographed ones. Jeesh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Billy is charging EIGHTY...80 freakin bucks for these double LPs ?!?!?!?! And thats the non-autographed ones. Jeesh
    I would imagine there's a small group of "super-fans" who will pay this. Just like the ones who bought the $900 Tool Innocculum vinyls.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I put Oceania on during a gaming session tonight. That has to be the strongest of the Zeitgest - Cyr era albums. Lots of fun little musical moments on there.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, I wish more of the people who gave up on the band after Zeitgeist and/or Teargarden would have given Oceania a chance, because it really is up there with their strongest material IMO. I actually just listened to it yesterday and I feel it's aged extremely well.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yeah, I wish more of the people who gave up on the band after Zeitgeist and/or Teargarden would have given Oceania a chance, because it really is up there with their strongest material IMO. I actually just listened to it yesterday and I feel it's aged extremely well.
    Excellent album. The tour was amazing, as documented on the Oceana Live in NYC DVD/CD.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Excellent album. The tour was amazing, as documented on the Oceana Live in NYC DVD/CD.
    @halo33 and I are in that DVD, constantly. you can spot me as the tool in the paisley shirt who is headbanging to the second song even though that footage clearly came from "X.Y.U." or somesuch.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I'm just gonna repost what a new user from Netpho came in and reported. Take it for what you will. Sounds believable to me:

"New album is still being mixed, he just hasn't been updating the fans on it. B also enlisted a certain producer to come in to help "polish" the songs so that's why he's been quiet about it as of recent. That's all I know in that department.

The Machina reissue was completed after Christmas, and everything has been signed off on it but there were some issues with the artwork (big shocker) and it was essentially put on hold until he decided to announce one day that everything was complete. Originally he tried to get it released this summer, but that changed to February of next year instead assumingly to coincide with the original album release.

Neither of these projects have been shelved necessarily, they're just taking a long time to get released and as with anything B is trying to maximize all profits to fullest extent to keep his shitty tea shop and wrestling business padded with as much cash as possible.

Source: I was recently dismissed from the archive team because my "input was too negative".

All I've done is simply relay the very same concerns and frustrations that all of you have been since the Japan pre-order. Part of this job was to monitor social media and "keep our ears to the ground" on feedback.

Furnace is a great company, lovely people working there- but they sent out two separate batches of defective Japan albums that either skip like crazy on a few songs, or shipped with two "sideA/B" records.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if many of you have Japan pressings that you're keeping sealed as a collectors item and have no idea it's defective.

Initially I was pretty stoked to be a part of this, but it wasn't a "team" at all. B has assembled a random few people to vote on whatever he feels like pulling from the archives. The only feedback or ideas he or his wife are interested in are ones that make more profit.

This experience has made it quite hard to enjoy SP, and seeing how these releases are being treated as a cash grab for B's tea shop gets under my skin pretty bad."