Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Cheers, It wasn't working for me earlier, I assumed I did something wrong, as I'm not familiar with sound cloud, thanks!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by la_mer_27 View Post
    I almost took this approach to SN and GWDT, but I gave myself the slack of the few preview tracks available. In the Soundcloud playlist, I think we've been given a creepy-hug to tide us over. Best of luck holding off, though!

Yeah. I decide to listen because I noticed that once the movie stars I almost forget Trent even scored the movie anyways so it doesn't ruin anything. Fincher's movies are too mesmerizing and intense to be paying close attention to the music honestly.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Very strong Lynch/Badalamenti vibe on some of those tracks. Especially the strings.
    Yes, you are totally right! This was my first thought when I listened to "sampler" songs. But...

THIS IS VERY GOOD!

So now we can conclude that Trent Reznor is (as the score composer) Trentelo Reznoramenti. ;-)

And finally, we know how "Just Like You Imagined" could sound, if Trent decided to cut "Imagined" from its title!

But... THIS IS STILL VERY GOOD!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Given it a listen now. Can't say that it's sucked me in in the same way as TSN sampler did, but obviously a very different vibe between the two scores. Didn't dislike anything, but nothing gave me goose bumps either. Just Like You's similarity to A Warm Place is great though! I look forward to hearing a guitar on the score very soon....

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Wow, this is amazing. Perfect.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Cheers, It wasn't working for me earlier, I assumed I did something wrong, as I'm not familiar with sound cloud, thanks!
    No, you're totally right, it didn't work yesterday, because yesterday tracks were private, looks like they changed their mind.
    PS: Even private I could rip them with another tool

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Much more impressed by these tracks than I was with the Dragon tattoo sampler. Social Network is a different story though. I do love that these Reznor / ROSS soundtracks always release around this time of year, perfect transitional music. Getting a bit of a Silent Hill vibe from the piano tracks, namely Background Noise (which also sounds quite like a flashbulb track). Just Like You is my favorite, Trents piano playing has always had that certain set-in-stone 'nin-ish' sound to it even outside of his nin work, but here he's breaking away from that almost completely. I had a huge smile on my face the whole time!

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Whereas TSN could have been an instrumental NIN album played over a movie, TGWTDT served more as a landscape and a complement to the movie.
    This sampler appears to be the continuity but with stronger songwriting. I cannot wait to see how it connects with the movie.
    You can clearly notice that T&A are getting more and more comfortable with the process of writing a movie score.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dariocotti View Post
    Just Like You reminds me of the music in The Sims when building a house, although I haven't played that game for years
    I thought exactly the same thing! Spa music.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    I will most probably listen to this score while actually reading the book later on.
    This method worked on me before perfectly with LOTR trilogy and Dragon Tattoo trilogy.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Sugar Storm's melody has a massive Cocteau Twins vibe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Background Noise drone = Perihelion

In fact, Background Noise sounds like the musical successor to Aphelion.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

...in case anyone may be interested

... apparently some ninjas just aren't as cool as others!

Last edited by Michael_Vens; 09-25-2014 at 12:13 PM. Reason: all the love in the world...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Advance screenings in the UK at Odeon cinemas (I didn't know they were still running!)

http://www.odeon.co.uk/films/gone_girl/15404/

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm avoiding the preview and waiting for the full release, but all your reactions/Angelo Badalamenti comparisons have me REALLY excited. Can't fucking wait.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I've just preordered the digital download, seems like there isn't any special packaging to make the cd case worthwhile. I think Rob was probably unable to do any because he was on tour with NIN all that time. I guess he might do something special for the vinyl?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I've just preordered the digital download, seems like there isn't any special packaging to make the cd case worthwhile. I think Rob was probably unable to do any because he was on tour with NIN all that time. I guess he might do something special for the vinyl?
    It's gatefold (of course) so there'll be a little art, but no mention of a booklet so who knows.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    I'm avoiding the preview and waiting for the full release, but all your reactions/Angelo Badalamenti comparisons have me REALLY excited. Can't fucking wait.
    If the previews are indicators then it's like Silent Hill/Akira Yamaoka meets Twin Peaks meets Dragon Tattoo. Get hyped.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    First time listening and jesus... "Just Like You" has the middle section syths of "A Warm Place" all throughout it!
    definitely a similar approach — sustained, warm chords over eighth note bass pulse — but definitely not the same synth(s). i'm sure he avoids going back to those keyboard voices on purpose, like he avoids using the Fragile-era pads made from samples of his voice.

(then again, he did use the same drum machine for "Only" and "Fur-Lined"...)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Artwork is same guys as last time https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...32054929068032

also, from this can we assume it's a Columbia release? https://twitter.com/ColumbiaRecords/...29585230598145
    Last edited by sheepdean; 09-24-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    The Amazon page for the digital album shows Columbia:
    http://www.amazon.com/Gone-Girl-Soun...irl+soundtrack

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Loving the preview. After the TGWTDT soundtrack I was somewhat unhyped about a new soundtrack but now colour me rehyped. Alot of the preview kind of reminds me of the Silent Hill Shattered Memories soundtrack. Then again I haven't played it for a long time so it may not be all that similar if my memory is anything to go by

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    The Amazon page for the digital album shows Columbia:
    http://www.amazon.com/Gone-Girl-Soun...irl+soundtrack
    Digital download price (which is a bit hidden) is also $11.99, so same price as nin.com but without the filetypes (and less money to TRAR). Waiting on that vinyl pre order though

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    86 minutes! aw hell yeah baby. yeaah!!!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    86 minutes feels short for a double album, but it's still 86 minutes of new music, so that's rad.

This'll have Null 03 as the catalog number, right? Has anyone asked Rob about that?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    This'll have Null 03 as the catalog number, right? Has anyone asked Rob about that?
    Who knows - up to this point, the albums with Null weren't ~the soundtracks~, but just the non-NIN and non-HTDA music by Null. That happened to be the soundtracks, but I'm sure if we'd had other projects under it, they wouldda got the number too. Maybe they'll retcon it and say that Null totally means soundtracks, but that could screw with how the film studio deals with releases.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Digital download price (which is a bit hidden) is also $11.99, so same price as nin.com but without the filetypes (and less money to TRAR). Waiting on that vinyl pre order though
    Do you actually know this, or are you just assuming? Genuinely curious. (Also curious how you found that price; for the life of me I can't see it anywhere.)

Either way...as I'm unlikely to buy the physical album this time around, I do like the format options offered through NIN.com better than Amazon.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Do you actually know this, or are you just assuming? Genuinely curious. (Also curious how you found that price; for the life of me I can't see it anywhere.)

Either way...as I'm unlikely to buy the physical album this time around, I do like the format options offered through NIN.com better than Amazon.
    Amazon takes a cut on everything, nin.com doesn't. I am just assuming technically, but every single artist in the world makes more money from their own site than a retailer.
    The price is listed in the data for the whole album on the artist page for TRAR - obviously Amazon can change that at any time though.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    What's going on with Amazon.co.uk listing the individual tracks and the complete album.

More importantly, where's the listing for vinyl?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What Have We Done to Each Other? 2:30
    Sugar Storm 2:53
    Empty Places 2:46
    With Suspicion 3:16
    Just Like You 4:11
    Appearances 2:52
    Clue One 1:30
    Clue Two 5:10
    Background Noise 3:09
    Procedural 4:30