Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Austin City Limits show aired April 5, 2014

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicmuse View Post
    The highest quality on the website is 480p, after you give them either a facebook account or gmail profile so that they can shake you down for money. If you have access to OTA PBS HD, that's 1080i. My local PBS station is playing this at midnight on 4/6. I know what I'll be doing early Sunday morning.
    Guess I'll be waiting for an HD broadcast rip instead of watching on their site. I can see having it lower, but holy fuck 480...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I'm recording OTA into EyeTV from KOCE-TV. Hopefully, we'll get a number of HD captures so we can identify the cleanest recording without lower-thirds or other obtrusive station inserts.
    Same PBS station for me. I'll probably run two captures with different antenna and tuners to be safe
    Last edited by cynicmuse; 04-02-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Lol, i dont even have cable anymore. Im going to watch it old school, over the air waves via antenna

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Has it been confirmed that it will be shown as a whole and not cut up into different parts?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Has it been confirmed that it will be shown as a whole and not cut up into different parts?
    In parts.

Probably running time is 50 or so minutes and an interview with Trent at the end.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by cut up, but it will be only part of the concert. 10 songs, I think. (Maybe a bonus song online if we're lucky.) I'm not sure but I'm guessing it's a little less than an hour.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Each episode focuses on a single artist, right? Maybe that's what Conan's confused about. (I've never watched ACL.)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by cut up, but it will be only part of the concert. 10 songs, I think. (Maybe a bonus song online if we're lucky.) I'm not sure but I'm guessing it's a little less than an hour.
    The broadcast setlist was posted somewhere but I don't remember what it was. Probably on this thread.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The broadcast setlist was posted somewhere but I don't remember what it was. Probably on this thread.
    See here: http://acltv.com/episode/season-40/nine-inch-nails/

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Lol, i dont even have cable anymore. Im going to watch it old school, over the air waves via antenna
    I don't even own a tv, so I'm either gonna have to watch it on my sister's tv or crash someone's house and watch it there.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    I don't even own a tv, so I'm either gonna have to watch it on my sister's tv or crash someone's house and watch it there.
    Oh yeah? Well I don't even have a sister.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    ACLT.com then?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Huh, that's fairly brief.
    Good selection of tracks, though

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    so today i was browsing the TV guide looking for this episode (yes the PBS channel) so i could record it and i found nothing regarding NIN for April 5th.
    is this US only? i am in Toronto, Canada so i was wondering if it will air for Canadians as well.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    so today i was browsing the TV guide looking for this episode (yes the PBS channel) so i could record it and i found nothing regarding NIN for April 5th.
    is this US only? i am in Toronto, Canada so i was wondering if it will air for Canadians as well.
    The show is called "Austin City Limits" so that's what you want to look for.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The show is called "Austin City Limits" so that's what you want to look for.
    i did look for that and there is no "Austin City Limits" show on the PBS channel for April 5th, thats why i was asking here.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    i did look for that and there is no "Austin City Limits" show on the PBS channel for April 5th, thats why i was asking here.
    Im not in Canada but using google so hopefully this is helpful.

Sunday morning 12:00 am (aka Saturday night) on WTVS and 3:00 am on KCTS and KCTS-HD

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Random observation. Apparently tonight's episode of Revolution was entitled Austin City Limits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Found the Version in my area - Its slated for 4/11/2014 1130pm

http://www.tvguide.com/Listings/

http://acltv.com/artist/nine-inch-nails/
    Last edited by That other guy; 04-03-2014 at 08:53 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This is what I found on my Bell Fibe...

Austin City Limits
    Nine Inch Nails Music. Nine Inch Nails performs tracks from 'Hesitation Marks.' (CC) (Stereo)
    Starts in 2 days

ORIGINAL DATE April 5, 2014
    Times/channels Sat 10:00 PM WNED 224 Sat 10:00 PM PBSHB 1224
    CHANNEL WNED, 224
    RATING PG
    GENRE Music
    DATE Saturday, Apr 5
    TIME 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Web exclusive of Satellite posted to Vimeo:

Last edited by ecirb; 04-03-2014 at 11:40 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Enough already, ACL! Just let me what the damn show without seeing half of it before even airing!

(Kidding; it's cool that they're posting so much content. But I do kinda want to see it all for the first time in the context of the actual set)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Trent interview:

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    So far i think of the footage I've seen from ACL already I'd say it's shot far better and looks better than the Tension DVD footage.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Speaking of the ACL footage, does the A/V sync seem slightly off to anyone else on the Satellite video that Spin posted (and NIN just tweeted about)? Specifically this: http://www.spin.com/articles/nine-in...ts-live-video/

Most of the video seems fine, but Ilan's drum hits always look like they're some fraction of a second later than the sound.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Trent interview:
    My grandmother would think Trent Reznor is such a nice, well-spoken young man. Heh.

(Not much we haven't heard, but that was a really great interview.)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Trent interview:
    Excellent interview, IMO. Not necessarily much we haven't heard, but it touches on a lot of what Trent thinks about music and his (recent) creative process. Like, this is the interview I would show someone that doesn't know much about NIN (which is probably what they were going for). Or, like, if I was teaching a class on popular music, I'd show this in class.

Really identify with the parts about listening to an album multiple times and in multiple contexts - it's actually a big part of my philosophy as a composer. Not so sure that it doesn't happen, though. Even some albums that I'd never buy before listening or really paid much attention to the first time around (for example, the last Paramore album or Lorde's album), I ended up listening to pretty closely eventually. Even now, I think the pop music world is much better off in that respect than the "classical music" (or even film music) world, which, for new music, is so focused on the single concert experience (or single film viewing).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Really hope VMOE makes it online somewhere.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Oh fuck yes now im getting really excited for this. I just checked sdpb.org/tvschedules and on 2014.04.05...

SDPB (2) and SDPB 1(2.1) 11:00 pm cst - 12:00 am cst Austin City Limits Nine Inch Nails performs selections from "Hesitation Marks" [HD] [cc] [stereo]

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So is there any chance of the full performance being posted online as opposed to the one-hour edited version we'll be seeing? The footage from this along with the sound both seem fantastic and I'd love to see pro-shots of all of these songs.