Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Pearl Jam

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    We need a new album from them. Quite bored of these tour announcements

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Wow I didn't even pay attention to that list; Toronto and then Hamilton six days later??? That would be fun, and expensive!! I'm in London so it's not too bad of a hike but may need to stay over night as we enjoy a cold beer with our show!

My wife will get in on that lottery and give it a shot, we NEED GA; cant stand regular seats.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    “Huge Concert Announcement “ on 102.1 The Edge in Toronto at 1:00pm

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

New album GIGATON coming March 27th, per the tour ad!!!
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 01-13-2020 at 11:58 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    i was coming here to post that.

that's a terrible image all-round.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Awesome! New tunes to jam to this summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    omg.. the tenclub presale is through fucking Ticketmaster now. They're saying they have access to more tickets than in the past now. Now I need to decide if I should deal with any of this or just hold out for hopefully Detroit in the fall (which could interfere with Tori ugh)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    We need a new album from them. Quite bored of these tour announcements
    https://pearljam.com/news/new-pearl-...lable-march-27

The first single, “Dance of the Clairvoyants”, will be released in the coming weeks.
    ok...

haven't heard of the dude producing it, though apparently he's worked with Jeff a lot.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    My Toronto 10c tickets last tour were US$157 for the pair. Now a pair is US$240 if I'm lucky enough to "win"... THANKS ticketmaster.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    seriously. I get the why of Ticketmaster but it's still rough thinking back to the court case.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Not a fan of the artwork, but looking forward to the music!

McCready's quote about experimentation and 'O Brien not returning to executive produce this time sounds intriguing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    this may essentially be a fan club tour, i could be wrong but it seems like they have allocated a large number of tickets for this and they expect certain dates to sell out during this presale.

And i hate TM as much as the next guy but this was a real breeze to go through, unlike usual presales.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    According to an email from Universal, the single arrives Jan 21st.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Is anyone here trying to get tickets via lottery?

It's cool what PJ is doing but wow you gotta be on the ball. If the lottery fails then you use the verified fan method, if that fails then use traditional method (ticketmaster at 10AM like eveyone else).

It's kind of a pain in the ass actually because I REALLY WANT GA but my wife selected best available as a safety just to ensure we get tickets. But Im worried the lottery will give us some shit tickets whereas the fan method or normal way would leave it to me to get online at 10:00:00AM sharp and get GA.

In the end it's a huge blow to scalpers and resales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Is anyone here trying to get tickets via lottery?

It's cool what PJ is doing but wow you gotta be on the ball. If the lottery fails then you use the verified fan method, if that fails then use traditional method (ticketmaster at 10AM like eveyone else).

It's kind of a pain in the ass actually because I REALLY WANT GA but my wife selected best available as a safety just to ensure we get tickets. But Im worried the lottery will give us some shit tickets whereas the fan method or normal way would leave it to me to get online at 10:00:00AM sharp and get GA.

In the end it's a huge blow to scalpers and resales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hamilton confirmations are going out right now, reserved seating odds ended at 99% so you're pretty much guaranteed winning with best available. Unfortunately, people are saying the confirmation email does NOT state whether best available people are getting GA or reserved!! Have to wait until Jan 27 to find out (where you'll also find out exact seat location if reserved), which is of course after tickets go on sale. That's insane.

I only put in for GA and I haven't received anything yet. Odds were around 40%..

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    My wife just got her Hamilton confirmation! Reserved! Now waiting on Toronto! Hopefully the seats are prime based on this 10 Club process... like it would be a slap in the face to get any seat which is not close or in the 2nd or 3rd level... ya know?

edit: email received does not say reserved, no one know if they got ga or seats unless they only went all in for ga.
    Last edited by snaapz; 01-16-2020 at 09:01 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Yay! Seating is still supposed to be assigned by seniority AFAIK

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Toronto emails are being sent!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I tried for the NYC show and was sent an email saying I'll know next Wednesday.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Shut out for both Hamilton and Toronto GA haha. Kinda expected it. Wasn't about to drive 5 hours each way for whatever my high 10c number would have me sitting, so I gave it a shot!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Shut out for both Hamilton and Toronto GA haha. Kinda expected it. Wasn't about to drive 5 hours each way for whatever my high 10c number would have me sitting, so I gave it a shot!
    Damn sorry to hear, such a let down

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Damn sorry to hear, such a let down
    It's all good! I'm sure they'll come closer to me at some point. A Chicago station announced they'll be there later in the year so there's def more dates on the way.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Here's a link to the Bill Simmons podcast. 2 mins in.

https://www.theringer.com/the-bill-s...ubin-bills-dad

Could be Matt's drumming, but with a really compressed sound. Bass could definitely be Jeff. Synths sound interesting. I think if it is PJ that the clip is probably slightly misleading as it's faded out before I'd envisage the guitars come in. Can't imagine Ed singing over it with just the bass and synths alone. Doesn't sound like his voice would necessarily be a good fit.

(It'll probably turn out that this isn't PJ at all now, but hey, it's fun to speculate).
    Click on the podcast because the video cuts out the beginning. That's an exciting sound if it's them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Click on the podcast because the video cuts out the beginning. That's an exciting sound if it's them.
    Shazam confirms that it is

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Gigaton tracklisting

Spoiler:
    Buckle Up
    Superblood Wolfmoon
    Quick Escape
    Never Destination
    Who Ever Said
    Comes Then Goes
    Alright
    Retrograde
    Take the Long Way
    River Cross
    Seven o'clock
    Dance of the Clairvoyants
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 01-19-2020 at 06:39 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    starting to get excited. can't believe it's been 7 years since Lightning Bolt, wow. saw them in Brooklyn then, so far my first and only time seeing them live and it was the most communal experience I've ever seen at a concert.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    starting to get excited. can't believe it's been 7 years since Lightning Bolt, wow. saw them in Brooklyn then, so far my first and only time seeing them live and it was the most communal experience I've ever seen at a concert.
    It's really weird. I saw 3 shows on that tour cycle and yet Mind Your Manners and Lightning Bolt are the only two songs I got to hear live. I did manage to get Binaural in full though!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    half an hour to new music and I'm going to bed. I'll hear it in the morning.