Page 93 of 156 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,790 of 4661

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Two shootings in Munich, one in a shopping center and another (not 100% confirmed) in a metro station.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    6 dead so far. Three attackers, still on the run.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    8 people confirmed dead so far. There are speculations this might be the work of far right extremists. Today is 5 years since the Breivik attack.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Its weird reading about German terror attacks. It has no foreign policy outside Europe.

Germany has never really been 'asking for it'...it has no real military.

Its not like Britain and France which have powerful armies bombing Iraq and Syria. Many people victim blame France and Britain...for their attacks in the past.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Paris and Munich shootings were done with DIY guns made from stage props.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-investigators

And nobody wants to talk about how easy it is for individuals to manufacture 100+ year old technology.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Paris and Munich shootings were done with DIY guns made from stage props.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-investigators

And nobody wants to talk about how easy it is for individuals to manufacture 100+ year old technology.
    Oh, holy fucking shit, plenty of people are willing to talk about that, but that doesn't mean basic regulation and safety laws shouldn't exist. That's like saying "well, anyone can easily craft a dirty bomb, so we should just sell them pre-made since all we're doing is keeping bombs out of the hands of those who would use them to defend themselves!" It's easy to get into a car and start operating it, yet we still require licenses for safety purposes.

I don't buy your hardcore pro-gun rhetoric that is constantly trying to instigate and "prove wrong" those of us who don't think everyone on Earth should be easily and heavily armed one fucking bit.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Oh I know. That's why I am stuck watching the train wreck of denial.

California's governor just signed a law requiring regulation of DIY weapons. Immediately, purchases of DIY tools jumped.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Oh I know. That's why I am stuck watching the train wreck of denial.

California's governor just signed a law requiring regulation of DIY weapons. Immediately, purchases of DIY tools jumped.
    Oh, yes. Those of us who disagree with your fringe view on a highly complex issue are very clearly in denial. It's impossible that anybody could disagree with you coming from a different point of view and not be lying to themselves. You're just irrevocably correct, and if we could just all be exactly like you, gun violence would drop in record numbers, right?

Get over yourself.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    A suicide bomber just blew himself up trying to get into music festival in Southern Germany. Injuring 12.
    That's like the 3rd or 4th attack in Germany in UNDER a week.

What the fuck? This is almost daily.

I dont know what this is going to do to Europeans mindsets....jesus.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Another shooting in Florida?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...cid=eml_onsite

wtf is going on in the world??

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Im just gonna stay away from the south....didn't have any plans to go down there anyways...

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So they shut down kat and arrested the man behind it.

In response, demonoid is TEMPORARILY accepting users.

Not that i would ever participate in such a thing, but i'm just saying, if some unruly cat had wanted a demonoid account for years, he could get one today.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    OK, what is worse? 1968 or 2016?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    OK, what is worse? 1968 or 2016?
    1968. By far. I was just watching a few TV specials about that, and we haven't even scratched the surface of '68.

MLK and RFK were assassinated in '68.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-25-2016 at 06:47 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    1968. By far. I was just watching a few TV specials about that, and we haven't even scratched the surface of '68.

MLK and RFK were assassinated in '68.
    There was also the Tet Offensive, May '68 in France, Nixon getting elected, the Soviet Union invading Czechoslovakia, Mexico riot, and yeah.... this hasn't scratched the surface so far.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    There was also the Tet Offensive, May '68 in France, Nixon getting elected, the Soviet Union invading Czechoslovakia, Mexico riot, and yeah.... this hasn't scratched the surface so far.
    See this: http://scholar.library.miami.edu/sixties/urbanRiots.php

Following Martin Luther King's assassination in 1968, rioting broke out in over 120 cities including Chicago and Washington.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    My dad was in Mexico '68 during those riots. He said it was fucked up.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Everything was fucked up in '68.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This year has been bad...but i thought 2014 was worse.

2014 was just relentless. I made a concerted effort to avoid the news, i like to know whats going on in the world, but in 2014, it was just really demoralising.
    Ukraine/Russia war, Israel/Palestine conflict...Ebola ..Isis came onto the scene...Scottish Referendum...planes going missing..

All years have problems, im only 30...but 2014 really stood out for me, really changed my thinking, ...the years preceeding it had been relatively peaceful..something changed in 2014 and we have not recovered from it.
    I think the whole post world war 2 order is on the verge of changing.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Everything was fucked up in '68.
    The year's not over yet.
    I suggest we all brace ourselves for the next FEW years.
    A lot of the "conspiracy theories" that i feared are turning into current events.

And i hate to say it, but with the division in this country the way it is, there is a reasonable chance that our next president will be assassinated.

It's gone from disagreement to dislike to bitter, seething hate, and individuals are filling up fuller and fuller with toxic, potentially violent Rage.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-25-2016 at 10:31 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    And i hate to say it, but with the division in this country the way it is, there is a reasonable chance that our next president will be assassinated. It's gone from disagreement to dislike to bitter, seething hate, and individuals are filling up fuller and fuller with toxic, potentially violent Rage.
    I could argue with you about this but I sense some that you hope everything really does take the shitter and we'll all be living in bomb shelters in a few years so I don't want to spoil your fun.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I could argue with you about this but I sense some that you hope everything really does take the shitter and we'll all be living in bomb shelters in a few years so I don't want to spoil your fun.
    the past few years its been evident something is not working. Geopolititical situation is awful .
    its evident in Europe and North America.

Hillary Clinton is the old guard...she wont change anything.....everyone is rebelling against people like her. This is why the Europen Union will collapse.
    This is happening everywhere.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    everyone is rebelling against people like her.
    Hardly. 16,847,075 people voted for her in the 2016 Democratic primary.

She won't change anything in Europe, no. How could she? She has enough problems dealing with Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and ISIS. Never mind our own country's issues with health insurance, taxes, the national debt, college tuition, police brutality, domestic violence, job loss, child poverty and hunger, etc.

But, my Grandparents survived the Great Depression, WW I, WW II, the Korean War and Vietnam, the Civil Rights movement and desegregation and the Cold War. It isn't like we are suddenly experiencing something "weird."
    Last edited by allegro; 07-26-2016 at 12:02 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Hardly. 16,847,075 people voted for her in the 2016 Democratic primary.

She won't change anything in Europe, no. How could she? She has enough problems dealing with Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and ISIS. Never mind our own country's issues with health insurance, taxes, the national debt, college tuition, police brutality, domestic violence, child poverty and hunger, etc.
    i know whats coming to your country.

You have 220 Million White people.

Thats bigger than Russia and Germany combined.

I bet you...result after result will come through for Donald Trump in November...and you will be shocked and have your jaw open.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    i know whats coming to your country.
    You have 220 Million White people.
    We have 196,817,552 white people and 37,685,848 black people
    Plus 2,247,098 native American people, and 14,465,12 Asian people and 50,477,594 Latino people

And hardly any of those people are registered to vote.

14,009,107 people voted for Trump in the Primary (vs. 16,847,075 for Hillary)

Democrats still poll higher in numbers than Republicans, but Independents are higher in numbers now.

Doom and gloom doesn't matter much to us, since we survived 8 years of Ronald Reagan.

And 1968.

And 1979!!
    Last edited by allegro; 07-26-2016 at 12:26 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I was including white hispanics.. in that 220 Million bracket. i know thats a vauge area.

Either way im just saying dont underestimate Trump
    Last edited by Exocet; 07-26-2016 at 12:32 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I was including white hispanics.. in that 220 Million bracket. i know thats a vauge area.
    Hispanics are brown (minority) voters who have been protesting against Trump, especially since Trump wants to deport millions of Hispanics and build a wall along the Mexican border.

Don't underestimate minority voters.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-26-2016 at 01:16 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I always found it really bizarre that Hispanics are not considered white in America. Is it because of the Native American component?