Page 66 of 156 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 4661

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Yeah. Lolol. I'll never understand the people who are like OMFG HE SHOULD BE SHOT IN THE FACE. Like, chill.

I don't have a problem with regular hunting where the animal is processed and used. I don't like this "big game" shit where it is just for show and/or trophies. But I also don't think he deserves to DIE over it. I think he's a shitty dude. But there are lots of shitty dudes in the world.
    Shitty dudes killing ENDANGERED SPECIES?!??!?!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I believe there should be some sort of punishment, yes. I do not believe that he should be dead.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I believe there should be some sort of punishment, yes. I do not believe that he should be dead.
    The lion is dead. A lion on a conservation park.

In some countries, they have the death penalty for poachers like him (who don't even eat what they hunt but, instead, use them as trophies). Their law is their law.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Yeah. Lolol. I'll never understand the people who are like OMFG HE SHOULD BE SHOT IN THE FACE. Like, chill.
    You're right. I wouldn't shoot him in the face. I would skin him alive, stick him in a vat full of vinegar and let him suffer for hours. Then I'd fillet him very slowly until he died. That's what I would do. And I would have ZERO pangs about it. Humans are a plague. Vile pieces of shit like this guy should be eliminated. And people who defend them... I don't want to interact with people who defend them.

It would be awesome if more people got upset about the cruelty and murder of animals like they do with humans (you know - the ones who do those heinous things).
    Last edited by Baphomette; 07-28-2015 at 05:06 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yeah, I have literally no idea what the laws are there.

It would just be rad if people got so worked up about the horrible things that happen to people​ like they do with animals.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    People aren't facing extinction.

We have way the fuck too many of them, actually.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Fucking Americans.

This is just so sad to an already sad situation. Animals are being hunted down to extinction because some asshole thinks the horn of a rhino or tiger penis will make his dick bigger.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    I'm seeing people on my Facebook friendlist calling for this guy to be murdered. He's not going back to that surgery any time soon. Nor likely his home, for that matter.
    At first, I thought "let's catch it and feed him to some lions". Because karma, you know?

But since he's a dentist, I think that tying him into his chair and performing root canal surgery on every single one of his tooth, without anesthetic, would be so much funnier!

Poor Cecil suffered for hours before he died. His killer deserves no less.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

I don't have a problem with regular hunting where the animal is processed and used. I don't like this "big game" shit where it is just for show and/or trophies. But I also don't think he deserves to DIE over it. I think he's a shitty dude. But there are lots of shitty dudes in the world.
    I don't actually think that he should be killed, but I totally understand that reaction. There's just something so entitled and arrogant in the very mentality of anyone who thinks that they should be allowed to do this kinda bullshit. I mean, this guy and his wife travel the world and shoot living creatures to death with crossbows, letting them slowly bleed out and then cutting the head off to bring back home as a trophy. There is no purpose to their actions beyond their own smug amusement and ego gratification. It's cruel and it fucking pisses people off, kinda like seeing a grown man beat a small child. And a lot of people react to that shit by wanting to see him get a taste of his own medicine. And yeah, that's pretty reactionary, but honestly, this guy is a fucking wacko, most people are gonna react strongly against him. What I actually think should happen is that he goes to fucking prison, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. His business may go under, but I have this sick feeling that he'll just pull a George Zimmerman and raise a bunch of cash on kickstarter by selling some sobstory to all the hunting/libertarian/nra shitbags out there.

One thing that I think hasn't really been talked about much in all the outrage about this is the whole 'big game hunting' industry as a whole. I feel like a lot of the rage is being funneled into this one dude, all because he killed a lion who was lucky enough have been given a name. If he had just butchered some other random lion, none of this controversy would be happening and he'd just be another rich scumbag who had a nice luxury hunting safari experience to tell his buddies about. It's just weird how people are like, "That son of a bitch killed Cecil! That's right...Cecil!" As if that's the main issue here. The whole fucking sport should be fucking outlawed. I guess I can't really be too condemnatory of Zimbabwe for trying monetize whatever they can, but still, fuck that whole fucking industry. I guess the best way to stop the whole thing would be to give every animal a cute name, apparently.

My mom emailed me totally flipping out about this. This dude did her dental surgery. He did my brother's braces. He pulled my wisdom teeth out. He once looked me in the eye after a cleaning and said, "Son...you have beautiful teeth." I mean, FFUUUUCCKKKKK!!!!!

I need to stop reading about this story cause I think my brains gonna fucking explode.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    of course he's a sociopath, he's a dentist.
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    But since he's a dentist, I think that tying him into his chair and performing root canal surgery on every single one of his tooth, without anesthetic, would be so much funnier!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    One thing that I think hasn't really been talked about much in all the outrage about this is the whole 'big game hunting' industry as a whole. I feel like a lot of the rage is being funneled into this one dude, all because he killed a lion who was lucky enough have been given a name.
    It's been under fire (pun not intended) for years. Most recently, airlines have implemented bans on transporting "trophies."

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    I don't actually think that he should be killed, but I totally understand that reaction. There's just something so entitled and arrogant in the very mentality of anyone who thinks that they should be allowed to do this kinda bullshit. I mean, this guy and his wife travel the world and shoot living creatures to death with crossbows, letting them slowly bleed out and then cutting the head off to bring back home as a trophy. There is no purpose to their actions beyond their own smug amusement and ego gratification. It's cruel and it fucking pisses people off, kinda like seeing a grown man beat a small child. And a lot of people react to that shit by wanting to see him get a taste of his own medicine. And yeah, that's pretty reactionary, but honestly, this guy is a fucking wacko, most people are gonna react strongly against him. What I actually think should happen is that he goes to fucking prison, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. His business may go under, but I have this sick feeling that he'll just pull a George Zimmerman and raise a bunch of cash on kickstarter by selling some sobstory to all the hunting/libertarian/nra shitbags out there.

One thing that I think hasn't really been talked about much in all the outrage about this is the whole 'big game hunting' industry as a whole. I feel like a lot of the rage is being funneled into this one dude, all because he killed a lion who was lucky enough have been given a name. If he had just butchered some other random lion, none of this controversy would be happening and he'd just be another rich scumbag who had a nice luxury hunting safari experience to tell his buddies about. It's just weird how people are like, "That son of a bitch killed Cecil! That's right...Cecil!" As if that's the main issue here. The whole fucking sport should be fucking outlawed. I guess I can't really be too condemnatory of Zimbabwe for trying monetize whatever they can, but still, fuck that whole fucking industry. I guess the best way to stop the whole thing would be to give every animal a cute name, apparently.

My mom emailed me totally flipping out about this. This dude did her dental surgery. He did my brother's braces. He pulled my wisdom teeth out. He once looked me in the eye after a cleaning and said, "Son...you have beautiful teeth." I mean, FFUUUUCCKKKKK!!!!!

I need to stop reading about this story cause I think my brains gonna fucking explode.
    From what I've read this wasn't his first lion kill and he almost went to federal prison for lying about killing a black bear in a restricted zone, so fuck this guy.

(Not to mention the sexual harassment lawsuit he settled.)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Fucking Americans.

This is just so sad to an already sad situation. Animals are being hunted down to extinction because some asshole thinks the horn of a rhino or tiger penis will make his dick bigger.
    And here he is with one of those rhinos.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    (Not to mention the sexual harassment lawsuit he settled.)
    wait WHAT?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    wait WHAT?
    Link here.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This is all just WAY worse than when I found out that my (former) dentist is a Scientologist.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-28-2015 at 09:20 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    wow, okay, what the FUCK, the story on this dude is just getting worse and worse!! by tomorrow morning i fully expect to hear that they found a collection of murdered children in his basement.

he always seemed like a relatively nice man to me. kinda quiet and reserved. never would have imagined that he liked decapitating innocent animals in his free time or that he was molesting his employees. christ, it just goes to show, you never know where the freaks are hiding. they could be anywhere!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presideo View Post
    LOL!

Actually, I may be one of the few people on the planet who adores going to the dentist. If I had lots and lots of money, I'd be in my dentist's chair all the time for all sorts of procedures. I have a very high tolerance to pain which might explain why I really don't mind dentists. I've had two root canals done and for the first one, I was holding a mirror so I could see the whole thing being done.

Ophthalmologists scare the living daylight out of me though. I'll bite and kick anyone who tries to come close to my eyes with some sort of instruments.

Maybe I should face my phobia by trying some eye surgery on Cecil's killer...

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I'm not a big fan of the death penalty... I can think of VERY few cases where I support the implementation of it. I would reserve it for people like Dylann Roof (the SC church shooter), or monsters like John Wayne Gacy.

But really, fuck this guy. It's not just the fact that he spends exorbitant amounts of money to murder (in excruciating ways) endangered animals, it's the terrifying smile on his face in all those pictures. What kind of a maniac sick bastard has that sort of beaming smile while standing over the miserable corpse of the animal he just killed? It's worse when you then realize that right after that "yay, happy times!" photo was taken, he then proceeded to cut the animal's head off and skin its corpse.

Even worse? The psycho used bait to lure the animal out of the protected zone, so that he could then kill it. His claims that he thought he was hunting it legally hold no water. He even claims that he didn't know the animal was protected and collared. Uh, maybe when you were cutting his head off you noticed the collar (that he apparently then tried to hide)? This guy shot the animal with a bow, then tracked him for 40 hours, before finally shooting him with a gun.

Trophy hunters are already scum... but this guy was a habitual trophy hunter of endangered species, and here he's pathetically trying to lie about his intent. Throw him in jail, and I don't see a reason to ever let him out.

EDIT: I just saw a photo of the headless/skinned remains of Cecil the lion (someone posted it on the yelp page for his business), and wow, it is really grim. For a moment I considered posting the image here, but then decided that maybe a lot of people would just rather not see that (and I wouldn't blame them, it made me feel a little sick). Still, it really brings home the brutality that this guy is capable of. Really sickening.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 07-29-2015 at 03:30 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Guy is a piece of shit for sure, but damn, I just saw a video where Jimmy Kimmel said his full name, adress, picture of his face and the place where he works on national television. I don't think that's very wise thing to do to be honest, especially after reading this thread

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    Guy is a piece of shit for sure, but damn, I just saw a video where Jimmy Kimmel said his full name, adress, picture of his face and the place where he works on national television. I don't think that's very wise thing to do to be honest, especially after reading this thread
    Justice these days (mostly thanks to social media) is done by the people and not the courts.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    It's not relevant but I guess not a shock to know that the dentist was a Republican donor.
    http://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/fecimg/?14961426731

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    EDIT: I just saw a photo of the headless/skinned remains of Cecil the lion (someone posted it on the yelp page for his business), and wow, it is really grim. For a moment I considered posting the image here, but then decided that maybe a lot of people would just rather not see that (and I wouldn't blame them, it made me feel a little sick).
    I'm really glad you didn't. I've deliberately avoided it. Please, nobody post that here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallos View Post
    Justice these days (mostly thanks to social media) is done by the people and not the courts.
    There really has to be a way to stop this trophy killing and poaching, and if this is the way to discourage or stop it, hey, great idea.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-29-2015 at 11:18 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I'm really glad you didn't. I've deliberately avoided it. Please, nobody post that here.

There really has to be a way to stop this trophy killing and poaching, and if this is the way to discourage or stop it, hey, great idea.
    Though this isn't the case, alot of african countries created sustainable hunting programs where the money goes toward conservation. There are much more civil ways to discourage these practices than this sort of public lynching. I'm not saying here what he did was any less disgusting, specially after reading, don't know if true or not, but apparently the lion had an affinity towards humans.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallos View Post
    Though this isn't the case, alot of african countries created sustainable hunting programs where the money goes toward conservation.
    If you look into those "sustainable hunting programs," there are a lot of problems with those, and they have often been found to be corrupt and interested primarily in breeding animals solely for the purpose of canned hunting and result in encouraging poaching and trophy hunting.

This is a very good article.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-29-2015 at 11:48 AM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I just watched the clip on Jimmy Kimmel... He didn't give out the guy's personal address. Other people online are doxxing his personal info, and I think that's lame (like doxxing always is), especially since he has kids who shouldn't get dragged into this.

Kimmel did say his full name though (which is included in every news article), his place of work (again, that's in most of the news articles, and Kimmel didn't even specify which Dentistry he ran by name), and his face which... you can see in the photos he's taken smiling over the bodies of the endangered animals he's killed. The doctor himself must be the one responsible for uploading those at some point. Kimmel also urged people to be reasonable, and to drop the "insane" rhetoric with all the death threats, and tried to turn the attention towards donating to the preservation society.

Even if Kimmel had given out the name and address of the dentist office, that's already a part of public record, and I don't think he's stupid enough to ever show up to work there ever again. Without the public shaming, he'd probably be open for business right now. I'm not sure of the likelihood that he'll actually get extradited to Zimbabwe, so internet justice might be the only justice he actually faces. He's gotten away with murdering endangered species in the past with little to no repercussions, and this isn't entirely just about him, but the whole "trophy hunting community" needs to be shamed for the pathetic, sub-human pieces of shit they are.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    But this already turned into doxxing a while ago. His home address along with the picture of his house is public knowledge; what Kimmel did wasn't the worst thing, but saying "guys, let's not turn this into witch hunt- here's this guy's picture, name and workplace" feels like a dark joke to me. I get that everybody is now a huge animal lover with encyclopedic knowledge of Zimbabwe's lion population, but crucifying this guy solve exactly nothing. What he did is happening on daily basis in Africa and 99% people who call for his head now, never gave a shit about this problem. But sure, it's the internet duty to harass this guy along with his family and coworkers because if twitter won't do it, who will right?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I think everyone gives a shit about this problem, and always has done, i dont give a fuck it people are insincere and just tagging along with the story, if people are bringing attention to this issue thats a good thing. Becuase stuff needs to change... nothing is ever done about it, people are resigned to it all. All the problems with Animal Rights all the issues in Africa in general nothing changes...Its too big an issue.
    Certain circumstances have made this case different..something might be done to the guy...its given an oppourtunity and platform to raise awareness about the issue.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    But this already turned into doxxing a while ago. His home address along with the picture of his house is public knowledge; what Kimmel did wasn't the worst thing, but saying "guys, let's not turn this into witch hunt- here's this guy's picture, name and workplace" feels like a dark joke to me. I get that everybody is now a huge animal lover with encyclopedic knowledge of Zimbabwe's lion population, but crucifying this guy solve exactly nothing. What he did is happening on daily basis in Africa and 99% people who call for his head now, never gave a shit about this problem. But sure, it's the internet duty to harass this guy along with his family and coworkers because if twitter won't do it, who will right?
    Bullshit. Maybe YOU have never noticed animal welfare advocates before but we've been fighting against canned hunting for decades. We've been fighting against all types of animal cruelty for over a century. And this isn't the first time social media has blown up about "trophy" hunters.

Oh, and I can bust out my knowledge of lion populations for pretty much every country in Africa if you'd like. It's not limited to Zimbabwe or lions for that matter.
    Last edited by Baphomette; 07-29-2015 at 07:53 PM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    well since someone on this board is a patient of the doctor, I guess I really can't help but ask Mantra if he got one of these emails?