Page 244 of 483 FirstFirst ... 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 294 344 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,320 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    I dunno, but it seems that 50% of the time Charlotte is on the verge of tears any time she cuts a promo...
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Those are great examples of how the WWE used to make "Raunchy Television", but they also weren't afraid to create controversy to get ratings.
    I don't want them to come back to this but in a way the WWE has become "too safe"; they help kids with cancer, they are kid friendly, they support breast cancer associations, etc.
    The fact that they do this has many positives, but it also has made the product "too politically correct" and the fact it's that it's supposed to de WRESTLING, not the united nations.
    Controversy makes ratings. People are still talking about the divas segment. So, while people are complaining about, and still complain about the lack of compelling writing. We got that monday. All I hope from this, is that this has hopefully given Charlotte that spark she needed. Problem is, she can't separate reality. It was a tough subject though. Sasha is guilty of this as well. Sasha can get pretty emotional as well. Her only downside, imo. Charlotte is mostly the girl you just put in the ring and let her work. Her talking can improve though.

I'm expecting a good match sunday. With that segment, neither Paige or Charlotte can slack. They have to bring it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Pepper was classic.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Droz...

Making fucking sabu talk what the fuck

dusty and sapphire

jake the snake roberts (BILL BLAUSTEIN BURIED MEEEEEEEE)

mankind getting hit on the head by the rock 13 times on the head with a chair

steve austin's heart and knees
    Last edited by ldopa; 11-21-2015 at 12:05 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    And now for your viewing pleasure.... BOTCHAMANIA!!!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Apparently Anonymous have warned that ISIS may have plans to attack Survivor Series. I think it's mostly bullshit and I think living in fear is part of what ISIS wants along with setting up fake targets to not only throw off authorities but also to keep them guessing until it is too late. Anonymous is an organization I respect so this could get interesting.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Apparently Anonymous have warned that ISIS may have plans to attack Survivor Series. I think it's mostly bullshit and I think living in fear is part of what ISIS wants along with setting up fake targets to not only throw off authorities but also to keep them guessing until it is too late. Anonymous is an organization I respect so this could get interesting.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...d-isis-threat/

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So, the card so far is as follows

Roman Reigns v Alberto Del Rio (tournament Semifinal match A)
    Kevin Owens v Dean Ambrose (tournament Semifinal match B)
    Dolph Ziggler v Tyler Breeze
    Charlotte (c) v Paige (Divas Championship)
    Undertaker & Kane v Two members of the Wyatt Family
    Semifinal Winner A v Semifinal Winner B (WWE World Heavyweight Championship)
    TBDx5 v TBDx5 (traditional Survivor Series Match)

I'd like everyones thoughts on winners and the possible "midcard madness" 5v5.

Spoiler:
    Roman over ADR, Ambrose over KO. Breeze over Dolph, BoD over Wyatts, Roman over Ambrose, roman heel turn.

5v5 will likely be New Day, Sheamus and Barrett v Neville, Dudleys and Usos, with team heel going over.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Usos, ryback, maybe Cesaro vs. New day, and two others. That's my guess on the survivor series match. I'm not sure if they're going to go with a roman heel turn. They should. But, I don't think they will. Roman wins and gets cashed in on by Sheamus. Or, Ambrose turns heel. They seem pretty intent on keep roman "babyface". Owens just feels like an afterthought in all this. Sheamus hasn't been on tv, which makes things iffy. And Ambrose wasn't approached by Triple H.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'm glad they are making a traditional SS match, i love those

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm whatever about it. Especially when Ryback is involved. It just feels thrown together. It will probably be my bathroom break.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So the more I think about it, I think I've come up with an awesome scenario. How about this: KO cheats in his semi-final match against Ambrose old school style as he has before with a rake of the eyes. In the finals match with Reigns (after he steamrolls ADR), we see an even match until SAMI ZAYN shows up and finally gets KO back for what Owens did to him back in NXT. Zayn takes out KO behind the ref's back in the championship match, and Reigns wins. On Raw, we a Reigns opening segment where he states that he didn't win clean and didn't need help. He calls out Zayn, and Zayn comes out to talk about how much he had to get Owens back. Owens comes out and wants to destroy Zayn when Ambrose comes out, clears the ring, and demands a fatal 4-way at TLC: Owens, Zayn, Ambrose and Reigns.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don't think Zayn is ready to come back, yet. Maybe rumble. Owens would be the perfect guy go win and join the authority though.

Quickly thrown together survivor series match on preshow. So far it's Miz, Bo, and stardust on a team.

Edit:

GOLDUST!
    Last edited by Piko; 11-22-2015 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That 5v5 was sweet, though too bad Neville had to be the one eating the pin.

And Ryback & Luchas & Usos - Do we so quickly forget that Kalisto took the Big Guy out of the tourney? Guess so. Thanks, Kevin Dunn.

Edit: Quote of the night from JBL: "Sheamus needs to cash in that briefcase for a new personality."
    Last edited by the duder; 11-22-2015 at 08:13 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    New champ, lololol

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Wow.... just as if they were going to let one boring bitch to be the champ. Lo and behold, they put an even more boring bastard into the scene. Nice WWE. You sure know how to swerve us and not make us care. And I think we all know who will win the Royal Rumble. Whoop-de-do....

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm happy Reigns didn't win. I don't see Sheamus holding it for too long. My guess is Reigns winning the rumble. Maybe Cena will come back and win it. He'll be back by then.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Ah, to set up the WWE main event for WrestleMania.... Reigns vs. Cena. The night Cena will pass the torch (for a year and then take it back once Reigns' title run will end up being worse than Diesel's WWE title reign). Boy, that's going to be match of the century.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Weeeak PPV. Highlight was Taker's entrance.

So now we have the Reigns and Sheamus feud as the main program. Yeah that'll bring the ratings.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Weeeak PPV. Highlight was Taker's entrance.

So now we have the Reigns and Sheamus feud as the main program. Yeah that'll bring the ratings.
    Yeah, TLC will probably suck. Gotta get to rumble.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The diesel title reigns sucked for many reasons. Lack of credible challengers being a main one. Reigns can't carry a feud like Cena can. Reigns has zero charisma. Great in the ring and constantly improving. But, his talking is horrendous. He can't put over a ppv and draw. Diesel was weak, but he had no one to really improve with until he turned heel and feuded with bret. And by the time he started picking up some real steam, he left for WCW.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Oh god they went the most predictable route, how "unpredictable" of the WWE...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Bret Hart talked about Diesel's WWE championship run and why it sucked as Bret felt he wasn't ready to be the WWE champ and he was right. I think part of the reason Diesel didn't draw was that what made him connect with the fans was that he was edgy. It kinda goes back to the 1994 Royal Rumble where he was just eliminating guys as if they were nothing and he was getting over. It should've been this slow build as someone who wasn't a traditional heel nor a conventional face but a tweener of sorts. By making him WWE champ just like that ended up hurting him as he lost the edge of what made him cool in the first place. He ended up being a conventional babyface that was lame and I will agree with you Piko on the fact that he didn't have any credible opponents other than Bret and Shawn Michaels. Yet, I don't think it was entirely his fault into why 1995 was such a bad year as there wasn't a lot in that year that was any good.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    King Mable. Summerslam. Enough said.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I went to bed after the burial of the Wyatts by elderly jokes who should've retired years ago. I'm so happy with my choice.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    the way you guys are describing it, it doesn't even seem like a survivor series.
    more like 'payback' or something.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, it was pretty average. I should've bet on it. I'm fine with breeze going over. That was the right call. The wrestling was good. Matches were predictable though. I was hoping for more from the Taker match. It was a throw away. Only reason they even put Harper in was so he could take the pin.

I didn't want Reigns. Hated the main event, all ten minutes of it... cash in was obvious when the main event is rushed and finished a half hour early.

Curious to see a corporate Sheamus though.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Corporate Sheamus sounds terrible, the guy has talent but he can't draw, even with the Authority by his side, he will end up being a transitional champ, i wouldn't be surprised if they take the predictable route again and make Reigns win the Rumble and beat Sheamus at Wrestlemania.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    He's definitely transitional. I have a feeling if Reigns wins the rumble again, it won't go well, again. Apparently, they have Bryan's results from the third doctor, but are sitting on it and don't want to bring him back, still. Don't want him to outshine Reigns I guess. A paper bag can outshine Reigns though (in terms of personality). I have a feeling Cena could return and win it though. Just so he could get the 16.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I got the feeling it's gonna be Cena/Taker at WM (either for the title or just a regular match), Reigns will probably face a heel Ambrose or Sheamus, there's not much opponents that can make him "shine", if they try to do a rematch with Lesnar people will turn on him again.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Cesaro out for 4-6 months... just went it seems like they might finally push him, this happens. Fuck.