Page 51 of 485 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 14543

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    For the LULZ

Anyone remember when Tony Atlas followed him around for awhile?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Fancrap-o is back. I didn't miss him that's for sure.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    That entrance is incredibly obnoxious and long.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    That entrance is incredibly obnoxious and long.

I made fun of the shitty theme song when it aired in the original late 2012 promos. That NJ crowd made it blow up for some reason. Meh.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    You know what I miss about wcw?

You could tell that they were somewhere different every Monday.

Raw sticks to the same light setup, stage position since god knows when. Looks like they never went anywhere.

I think that is what made nitro a bit more intimate.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    You know what I miss about wcw?

You could tell that they were somewhere different every Monday.

Raw sticks to the same light setup, stage position since god knows when. Looks like they never went anywhere.

I think that is what made nitro a bit more intimate.

WCW tanked inevitably due to terrible management so I guess I agree with you and I don't. Both organizations had amazing intros in the mid-late 90's though:

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I remember when raw had that intro with the beautiful people. A freaked out. Then it went away.

Lol the Headbanger's

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I remember when raw had that intro with the beautiful people. A freaked out. Then it went away.

Lol the Headbanger's

Haha that Full Metal Jacket Remix was an odd mix and never released. I love the intro for SmackDown! that used it:

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Can't help but wonder why they're making such a big deal about the history of the titles all of a sudden. Would be great if they just unified them. That won't happen though. Not anytime soon anyway.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Can't help but wonder why they're making such a big deal about the history of the titles all of a sudden. Would be great if they just unified them. That won't happen though. Not anytime soon anyway.

I miss that belt.

P.S. I'm bored tonight and chatty hence my huge influx of posts.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    For the LULZ

Anyone remember when Tony Atlas followed him around for awhile?
    Great, now i'll have Tony's laugh stuck in my head...!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My two least favorite people in the wwe both the champs. I'm sure this will be awful.

Yep that sucked. I... Fucking cargo shorts. I know it's wrestling but for the love of god if Cena hits you with a couple of shoulder blocks, DO NOT try to punch him. IT DOES NOT WORK! Been driving me crazy for years.

Why can't sandow or Rhodes or Cesaro be where Del Rio is? Christ Del Rio sucks.
    Last edited by Denim Chicken; 07-01-2013 at 10:16 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Man, this RAW sucked. A boring main event... more McMahon bullshit, and a bunch of snooze matches w/ the exception of anything involving CM Punk or Daniel Bryan.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    RAW was rather terrible but ehhhhhh, good news:

WWE wrestler Bray Wyatt seemed to hint at a Wyatt Family debut in his latest Tweet. "Time to remove the veil," he wrote. "Forget everything you thought was real. Next week it begins." Follow him online at Twitter.com/WWEBrayWyatt

Powell's POV: I'm more than ready for the Wyatt Family to debut. It will be interesting to whether this tweet is addressed on Raw. Thanks to Dot Net reader Lewis Stephenson.

Update: It was confirmed on Raw that the Wyatt Family will appear live on Raw next week.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The Wyatt Family better not suck. I don't think I can handle anymore of Vince's lame experiments.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I liked the main event, Cena and Del Rio gave a decent match other than that RAW was forgettable and they better use Daniel Bryan right, he was jus a footnote this week...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Ricardo Rodriguez is suspended for failing a wellness test. Kinda surprising that they'll suspend a manager. When I saw the headline, I was expecting Orton, heh.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    So that's why he wasn't on RAW last night. Oh boy. That just makes del Rio more boring than ever. And I also read from a tweet from Cena that he thinks everybody won. Honestly, no one won that match except for Super Cena. BOO!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Man...RAW was pretty rough last night. I fell asleep during the main event, Cena and Del Rio bore me to tears. I agree with Fandango's entrance being waaaaay too long. Ziggler kind of reminded me of HBK last night for some reason, which is good. Too bad he wrestled Jinder Mahal.

One more thing, damn you Stone Cold for starting the "What?" chant. I actually enjoyed Mark Henry's promo. Pleeease let him take the belt off Cena.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Ricardo Rodriguez is suspended for failing a wellness test. Kinda surprising that they'll suspend a manager. When I saw the headline, I was expecting Orton, heh.
    Another rumor is that the 'drugs' he was using were fat burner pills. If so, that's rather lame as it's not really intoxicating him or making him under the influence and out of his mindstate.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    We're overlooking the worst part of Raw last night. The Ryback/Miz match. Mr. Brandon Stroud put it all in perspective: I can’t believe they even put this on the Internet.
    Okay, to recap: The Miz had a match with Ryback. It goes how you’d expect it to for a few minutes, and then Miz goes on offense and starts working the leg. This is a small victory for me, because not too long ago I was complaining about him doing a bunch of clotheslines and then putting on a leg lock for an instant critical. Good for him! So Ryback ends up in the corner, Miz drapes Ryback’s leg over the ropes, kicks it a few times and then dropkicks it. Ryback immediately starts yelling for the referee to stop the match and … that’s it. Miz stands there looking confused, especially when Ryback walks out of the corner like normal. Chris Jericho wanders into the ring from guest commentary, fresh from having called Ryback “Cryback” for two minutes, then hits him with a Codebreaker for no reason. Jericho and Miz then stand around making “the f**k is up with THIS guy” faces. AND THAT’S THE SEGMENT.
    WHAT THE SHIT IS THIS MATCH YOU GUYS
    I cannot fathom a single person who’d think this was a good idea. Did Ryback shit in Stephanie McMahon’s purse (right on Triple H’s balls! Hurr!) or something? When Ryback was feuding with Cena and “complaining” too much, he was at least making reasonable points about nobody in WWE having each others’ backs and how all of his title opportunities were either stupid or jacked by outsiders. Here, he’s SCREAMING for the match to be stopped BECAUSE THE MIZ KICKED HIM IN THE LEG. It’s like that time Chavo Guerrero tapped out to Stevie Ray’s handshake BUT FOR REAL.
    You could say “oh, hey, maybe he actually got hurt.” But then he’s FINE, and Chris Jericho shows up and attacks him and that’s just it. Was the purpose of this to make everyone watching think Ryback is the biggest wiener idiot in the world? He can’t take a dropkick from THE MIZ? This guy got suplexed through the roof of a f**king ambulance less than a month ago. This guy picked up Mark Henry with his legs, and now he can’t take a kick from a guy who was the offensive weak link in a team with JOHN MORRISON?
    Ignoring that completely, doesn’t this make Chris Jericho the biggest asshole ever? He came into the ring to attack an injured man who had just forfeited a match, and he did it FROM BEHIND. A SNEAK ATTACK on an INJURED GUY who had JUST GIVEN UP. Who is supposed to look good at the end of this?

Read more: http://withleather.uproxx.com/2013/0...#ixzz2XxJ1YU9C

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I laughed at your post, that guy is a moron who originally published that.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    What was the point of that whole Crybotch-Miz match and w/ Jericho involved? These bookers and writers are just horrible and Vince is also the problem. Shane McMahon... we need you more than ever.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Professional Wrestling

Another rumor is that the 'drugs' he was using were fat burner pills. If so, that's rather lame as it's not really intoxicating him or making him under the influence and out of his mindstate.
    Diet pills are a huge no-no there for some reason. That's what got Rey suspended (second time at least). And the Miz/Crybotch match was "weird" to me. He's been built up as an almost indestructible big man, then that happens. I'm confused.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I laughed at your post, that guy is a moron who originally published that.
    I agree with him every now and then, sometimes he's very pretentious and overboard, but I thought it was hilarious. I had these same thoughts on that match, especially Miz who looked like nobody had told him it would finish. This past Raw was worse than usual, though Mark Henry making Cena look like a bitch was awesome.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    This past Raw was worse than usual, though Mark Henry making Cena look like a bitch was awesome.
    That's more reason for me to cheer for Mark Henry as I want him to destroy Cena and hold the title for a while and lose to someone more deserving like Daniel Bryan.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Just watched the "Doomsday Cagematch" With Hogan and Savage vs. the Horsemen and Dungeon of Doom. Brings me back. Brutus Beefcake as The Zodiac. What the hell was that?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    Just watched the "Doomsday Cagematch" With Hogan and Savage vs. the Horsemen and Dungeon of Doom. Brings me back. Brutus Beefcake as The Zodiac. What the hell was that?
    One of the worst matches ever. It's a cluster-fuck of a match. Never made any sense. The rules kept changing throughout and there were so many botches in that one. The most noticeable is the one where Lex Luger puts on a glove and is supposed to hit Macho Man and after Macho ducks, Luger stop and then hits Flair... WTF? Oh, I think I saw some cocaine in that match. Whattcha gonna do brothers when coke-a-mania runs wild on you!!!!

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    One of the worst matches ever. It's a cluster-fuck of a match. Never made any sense. The rules kept changing throughout and there were so many botches in that one. The most noticeable is the one where Lex Luger puts on a glove and is supposed to hit Macho Man and after Macho ducks, Luger stop and then hits Flair... WTF? Oh, I think I saw some cocaine in that match. Whattcha gonna do brothers when coke-a-mania runs wild on you!!!!
    And then there is War Games2000 from Nitro. Vince Russo in hockey gear. Everyone stands and watches Nash(who never deserved to hold any title) just waltzes out the door. The whole time that thing was going on I was just waiting for someone to fall off the triple cage. Like a game of fucking mouse trap or something.

And the Kevin Nash choke-slam? Don't remember that one. "Big Sexy angry" in Frankenstein voice. Guy probably uses more Hair For Men than anyone alive.
    Last edited by heavenly_bearded; 07-04-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Russo-era WCW was the worst of any era of WCW. The silly Hogan stuff with the Dungeon of Doom and whatnot was the hard lesson that had to be learn that lead to what was probably the greatest heel turn of all-time and the angle that changed professional wrestling. And even despite the cartoon stuff, in '96 they still had great angles and matches. And going even further back into the Jim Herd era when WCW was ridiculous by the standards even at the time, you still had good matches and characters that kept people tuned in.

The difference with Russo is that he infected everything. All on top of which, he put himself on TV beating Ric Flair and shooting on Jim Ross and badmouthing his former company when they were demolishing them in the ratings. Pro wrestling is cluttered with bad ideas, but a lot of them are not as terrible because like with all things they start out with good intentions. All Vince cared about was getting himself primarily and WCW secondarily, over. One of the reasons he left WWF is because he (and that other piece of shit Ed Ferrara) weren't getting credit in articles about their recent success.

Anyway, speaking of my point about bad ideas coming from good intentions, this is a good one.