Page 463 of 486 FirstFirst ... 363 413 453 461 462 463 464 465 473 ... LastLast
Results 13,861 to 13,890 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Holy shit that was a fantastic Dynamite. Kenny was so fucking fired up, he looked like he was having a blast.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Well tonight's the big unification bout on Dynamite. I'm calling a rare schmoz/DQ finish with MJF coming in and violently beating down both Punk and Mox. Hangman comes in for the save and we get a first ever (?) fatal four-way at All Out with MJF, Mox, Punk, and Page going for the belt.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Well tonight's the big unification bout on Dynamite. I'm calling a rare schmoz/DQ finish with MJF coming in and violently beating down both Punk and Mox. Hangman comes in for the save and we get a first ever (?) fatal four-way at All Out with MJF, Mox, Punk, and Page going for the belt.
    I'm fine with that.

Not sure how trustworthy dirt sheets are but there's claims last week's bitchy Page callout wasn't scripted and Punk being an ass.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Yesterday’s Dynamite top to bottom was probably my least favorite AEW show so far. None of that shit made sense. Will Ospreay is a Great Value Kenny Omega. I don’t give a fuck about any of United Empire except Jeff Cobb, who isn’t there. I read the Rampage spoilers and that pissed me off too. In what was their show of the year last year at this time, I’m now wondering if/how they can salvage this year’s All Out.

They’ve waited way too long to bring back MJF too.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    that unification match was a pop-corn fart...

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Hey guys, i was hoping I could get some thoughts here as I am mostly new to the world of pro wrestling. (I only really started watching WWE PPV + Raw and Smackdown like last December? i know longtime fans aren't into that franchise so much anymore and go more for AEW but this is where i am to start off with)

Anyways i recently found out about this promotion called Great North Wrestling, it's based in Canada and they actually have an event near me coming up and it would be cool to check it out but then i looked into who runs it. So it's this guy Devin Nicholson who owns it and he was wrestling under the name Hannibal (i think he's retired now? EDIT: Wait, nope he's still active, he's on the card for the upcoming show) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devon_Nicholson, i found out about some gnarly incident between him and a World Class Pro Wrestling referee where he stabbed him repeatedly in the head? Here's the article: https://www.tmz.com/2021/12/13/hanni...head-hospital/

I'm just curious if after hearing about or seeing something like that whether you'd even want to support this person or their company? I'm not sure how i feel about it, that's why i wanted to hear some takes from those who are familiar with these things.

Would it bother you and turn you off of going to their events?
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 08-29-2022 at 03:09 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    that unification match was a pop-corn fart...
    I liked it. I was not excited for a Punk title run AT ALL so I loved seeing the squash.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Come on, dude. Even if you hate Punk, that was possibly the most nonsensical booking AEW has done.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Come on, dude. Even if you hate Punk, that was possibly the most nonsensical booking AEW has done.
    I dont even hate Punk. Im a big fan, I just don't think he needs or deserves the world title. Having Mox become the unified champ, it continues to push the BCC (as Danielson is now the only member that doesn't hold a title...yet), it gives Punk's on screen character some actual motivation to prove to himself he's the "bEsT iN tHe WoRlD" and maybe even be available for MJF's return, also Mox is just simply far more over with the crowd than Punk is. The booking made total sense to me.

Plus everyone literally expected Punk to win and unify, so which ending was more thrilling and unexpected? Punk retaining, or Mox keeping the momentum that he's already got going and pushing it even further.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I liked it. I was not excited for a Punk title run AT ALL so I loved seeing the squash.
    It's not about whether you like or dislike Punk, it's that the match had huge promise and it ended up being a huge disappointment.

It's not even about the "squash", if this was booked it didn't make any sense and if this was a real injury it only served to bury the hype.

I like AEW, but i cannot justify this match, i know there's unexpected things on wrestling all the time, but this was supposed to be an epic fight ...not a reminder of WCW's worst days.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    It's not about whether you like or dislike Punk, it's that the match had huge promise and it ended up being a huge disappointment.

It's not even about the "squash", if this was booked it didn't make any sense and if this was a real injury it only served to bury the hype.

I like AEW, but i cannot justify this match, i know there's unexpected things on wrestling all the time, but this was supposed to be an epic fight ...not a reminder of WCW's worst days.
    In your opinion. That match was not a disappointment at all to me or my friends who watched it together. Plus you have to realize there's major implications that they're still going to have the match at All Out still as a rematch, right? You wanna watch Mox vs. Punk RIGHT NOW, just go watch their match from Smackdown in 2013.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    In your opinion. That match was not a disappointment at all to me or my friends who watched it together. Plus you have to realize there's major implications that they're still going to have the match at All Out still as a rematch, right? You wanna watch Mox vs. Punk RIGHT NOW, just go watch their match from Smackdown in 2013.
    Just like you said: In your opinion.

I don't want to watch Mox Vs. Punk from 2013, i want to watch a GOOD wrestling match between TWO CHAMPIONS,

Making a squash is a pop-corn fart; even they knew it; that's why it wasn't the main event that night...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    @richardp You and your friends are in the minority.

Everywhere I’ve looked (and that’s a variety of places because I thought for sure there HAD TO BE a reason) agrees it was a nonsensical decision and an odd show overall. Are the details as to why agreed upon? No.

Some folks like Mox. Some like Punk. Some like both (me? I like both but favor Punk more). EVERYONE wanted to see a real match and were all confused why it got moved on to Dynamite and especially why it wasn’t a match at all.

As of now, there’s only been speculation. No official word as to why yet.
    Last edited by Swykk; 08-29-2022 at 03:29 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Maybe there's more to the story that dirt sheets haven't spilled. Maybe it was a way to write off the title as his injury will last longer than estimated (do we need to get and drag out an Interim Championship for EVERY single title when a champion gets injured? A women's title will have the same treatment, just like AEW and TNT). Maybe it's a set up for a different story line angle. Maybe it writes MJF in. Maybe it opens up another BCC feud. Possibilities for why are endless.

I personally liked the booking. Whether you liked it or not, it had a HUGE shock factor to it and it has people talking.

I've cared very little for CM Punk's performance this entire run and found him winning the title against Hangman Page a poor decision the very night they did it.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    All of those possibilities you mention in the first paragraph are things I’ve read.

I hope it’s clear I’m not criticizing anyone for not liking Punk. That’s fine.

The criticism is at what was done, how it was done, and when it was done. And again, the consensus seems to be it wasn’t great but moreover, didn’t make sense (at least as of yet).

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    If this was a creative decision (and there's a really good chance it is...), it has to lead for a Punk heel turn and the ultimate return of MJF.

I'm not against both thigs happening, but why announce a title match to ultimately make an "injury" segment that made little sense?

Why take the title off from Punk only to swap it to him as a heel in Chicago? they can just make him retain to MOX and wait for a face MJF to come out and challenge him in Chicago.

Why announce in advance a match then give it away in free TV? to pop a rating?
    If that's so, it was stupid all the same, because many who tuned that week to watch a real match won't tune in again this week.

That was WCW-level stuff right there, sure everyone are still talking about "The Fingerpoke of Doom" to this day, but that doesn't make it a good booking and/or creative decision, i really hope AEW proves me wrong but i'm finding a little hard to buy this as a good creative choice.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Hey guys, i was hoping I could get some thoughts here as I am mostly new to the world of pro wrestling. (I only really started watching WWE PPV + Raw and Smackdown like last December? i know longtime fans aren't into that franchise so much anymore and go more for AEW but this is where i am to start off with)

Anyways i recently found out about this promotion called Great North Wrestling, it's based in Canada and they actually have an event near me coming up and it would be cool to check it out but then i looked into who runs it. So it's this guy Devin Nicholson who owns it and he was wrestling under the name Hannibal (i think he's retired now? EDIT: Wait, nope he's still active, he's on the card for the upcoming show) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devon_Nicholson, i found out about some gnarly incident between him and a World Class Pro Wrestling referee where he stabbed him repeatedly in the head? Here's the article: https://www.tmz.com/2021/12/13/hanni...head-hospital/

I'm just curious if after hearing about or seeing something like that whether you'd even want to support this person or their company? I'm not sure how i feel about it, that's why i wanted to hear some takes from those who are familiar with these things.

Would it bother you and turn you off of going to their events?
    Well screw it i guess lol I'm gonna go, there's not much to do out where i am anyways and it's their only event this year supposedly, they don't seem to do them too often?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    For the first time in years (aside from UpUpDownDown), I intentionally watched WWE clips on YouTube from RAW.

Loved the Rollins takedown of Riddle. That was really good stuff.

Loved Owens and Zayn.

It’s a good thing that WWE appears to be moving in a better direction but boy is that a low bar to clear. I’ll keep being cautiously optimistic.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Dynamite’s main event match was incredible. One of the best matches of the year and that’s saying something.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Ospreay always impresses me.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    That was a much better Dynamite for sure!

I am excited again for All Out. Still wish I knew what happened and why last week but this essentially fixed the problems.

Aside from the fact that House Of Black deserved to be the first Trio champs.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    That was a much better Dynamite for sure!

I am excited again for All Out. Still wish I knew what happened and why last week but this essentially fixed the problems.

Aside from the fact that House Of Black deserved to be the first Trio champs.
    I mean they were waiting for Kenny to come back to even introduce the Trios titles so it was always going to be The Elite

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    That’s fair. You’re totally right. And I love The Elite but I just believe HOB is the best trio in AEW.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I honestly think it was dumb to have The Bucks drop the tag titles just to go after the Trios. Like how is it not FTR vs The Young Bucks at All Out??

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Umm CM Punk in the All Out media scrum

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Allegedly the Bucks didn't take too kindly to his words.

If this is a work, it's definitely engaging. If it's a shoot, it's a bit concerning.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

If this is a work, it's definitely engaging. If it's a shoot, it's a bit concerning.
    There's definitely part of me that thinks part of it was a work, the Colt Cabana stuff obviously wasn't

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    ...the Colt Cabana stuff obviously wasn't
    I am of a mindset that it *might* be part of an angle and MJF gets Cabana involved.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

After the "Fake injury" angle they did and MJF's return, i'm convinced the Bucks stuff is a work

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I am of a mindset that it *might* be part of an angle and MJF gets Cabana involved.
    I will say it is odd timing that Punk brings up Cabana after being silent about him for so long