Page 396 of 486 FirstFirst ... 296 346 386 394 395 396 397 398 406 446 ... LastLast
Results 11,851 to 11,880 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    edit: thus @ltrandazzo left with a brave facepalm, after realizing neither his biology studies (breasts can strain; implants can rupture or explode), nor his knowledge of recent (it was around this year's WM) WWE injuries were factual. At least use Google before you trigger yourself into oblivion and make yourself disproven by the very person's own interview you try to white-knight.
    Speaking of triggering...

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Charlotte was out from June 17 to July 31st. She didn't have a program and before she went out, she worked through it. It's no different from AJ Styles wrestling with a torn hamstring. Is AJ as much a liability for injury because he has legs?
    No, it's not. Does it have to be? If you have a leg, you can break it, and if you have a breast, you can strain it. I wasn't blaming Charlotte, I was merely questioning whether it is a hindarence for HERSELF or not, given how certain female athletes chose to go through with breast reduction surgeries. Charlotte did the opposite, which answered my question. That is it.

It would be sexist of me to suggest that Charlotte isn't free to do whatever she wants with her body. It's her body. It is sexist to suggest that getting breast implants or having larger breasts makes her a hazard for injury or your distraction and that she should reduce them for that reason. Comparing breasts to a male wrestler's pants bulge is not equal.
    Once again, I never said what she should or shouldn't do. I asked a question about whether they are in the way of her performance or not. I'm also not against the distraction they do on a beauty level - and even if I did not find them aesthetically pleasing, I still wouldn't even suggest to change them. That is an awful lot to put into my mouth - talking about your words here.

Didn't need to because Alexa Bliss can wear whatever the hell she wants to and doesn't need mine or anyone else's approval to do so. You can admire what any of the wrestlers wear or how they look in the same way that I admire Finn Balor's extraordinary 8-pack and bulge, but when you try to cast aspersions on the wrestlers and how their looks impact their jobs, then it becomes sexist and rude. Dave Meltzer learned that the hard way with Peyton Royce a few months ago. No white knighting needed when the writing's on the wall.
    Ahh, if a breast implant accident have affected someone already, then why is it a taboo for you to talk about?! If Seth Rollings gained 100 kilos of weight on Raw tonight, many people would wonder if it will impact his abilities or not. And not because they want to fat shame him, but because weighing 100 kilos more can seriously influence your athleticism. It won't necessarily will, but the question should be completely understandable.

I seriously don't get how female acquintances have no problem talking about their back problems due to their larger breast sizes, but bring it up on a US discussion board, and you are walking on razor's edge, because it's sexist to even acknowledge that they do matter in athletic performances, and they can in fact cause a lot of pain on the long run.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/st...342886912?s=19

Let's just love Becky instead. Gotta admit, her latest tweets were rather weak and forced, but boy do I love this one.

edit: of course it doesn't embed the tweet; why am i even on this earth

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Ra ra ooh lala

I seriously don't get how female acquintances have no problem talking about their back problems due to their larger breast sizes, but bring it up on a US discussion board, and you are walking on razor's edge, because it's sexist to even acknowledge that they do matter in athletic performances, and they can in fact cause a lot of pain on the long run.
    My dude, this started off with you saying that Charlotte's breasts take you out of her matches. I correctly said your comment was sexist and now it's turned into this debacle. You're trolling. You have no good points to make because you made a bad one and won't own up to it, which is what you typically do on this board anyway. Now you're whining about how you can't talk about women and their back issues due to breasts. Good lord.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/st...342886912?s=19

Let's just love Becky instead. Gotta admit, her latest tweets were rather weak and forced, but boy do I love this one.

edit: of course it doesn't embed the tweet; why am i even on this earth

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    My dude, this started off with you saying that Charlotte's breasts take you out of her matches. I correctly said your comment was sexist and now it's turned into this debacle. You're trolling. You have no good points to make because you made a bad one and won't own up to it, which is what you typically do on this board anyway. Now you're whining about how you can't talk about women and their back issues due to breasts. Good lord.
    Why do I have to write it down for the 3rd time that my phrasing was bad?

She doesn't take me out of her matches, period. I get it how you interpreted that way, but it's not what I meant. I can't say it any simpler than that.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    LOL I'm kinda over the shit she's spewing if I'm honest.

On topic I got my Blxck Mass shirts from Blackcraft Cult. Unsure if I should rep The Undisputed Era again or Aleister Black's shirt line at the SmackDown! house show I'm seeing January 5th, 2019.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I think we're about to head into the holding pattern when all sorts of weird stuff happens or doesn't post Survivor Series into the Rumble. TLC has a feeling of potentially holding things steady with status quo outcomes and... yeah. This time of year gets a little rough.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    LOL I'm kinda over the shit she's spewing if I'm honest.

On topic I got my Blxck Mass shirts from Blackcraft Cult. Unsure if I should rep The Undisputed Era again or Aleister Black's shirt line at the SmackDown! house show I'm seeing January 5th, 2019.
    You don't have an Alexa Bliss shirt?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    You don't have an Alexa Bliss shirt?
    No, there's never been a design I've been in love with. The only shirt I do like is women's only. However I've eyed this one recently since it's new:

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    No, there's never been a design I've been in love with. The only shirt I do like is women's only. However I've eyed this one recently since it's new:
    Mmkay. ;-P

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Mmkay. ;-P
    I see you got it.

I'll probably buy the new Undisputed Era shirt sometime since they're running sales often. This was the women's shirt I was talking about:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Oh, Enzo.
    Reading some of these comments made my evening; "This dude is going to be broke and in jail in the next 3-5 years", followed by "Your timeline is very generous."

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Fuck that guy, he deserves to play to 40 people, actually that's generous...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Most were probably his "entourage".

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Re: Nia Jax and her "push" -

I feel like I'm seeing a lot of reactions to outcomes of matches and that folks aren't actively watching the matches themselves. Case in point, Nia Jax post-"Facebreaker." Nia was used SPARINGLY in the women's Survivor Series match that she won. Any time she got into the ring, she was quickly thrown or tagged out. When she did come in, she dropped three standard looking leg drops and a Samoan Drop on Asuka to seal the win. That was it. No punches, no irish whips or holds, just four quick moves and a pin. On Raw and on Starrcade, the same thing happened again. They're not letting her throw many punches and she's not staying in the ring for extended periods of time. On top of the loud boos that she's getting, they're having her do extra corny, show-off shit to get more heat.

Rumors suggest Ronda Rousey is pushing for her feud with Nia to be a quick one and to wrap up at TLC so she can focus back on Charlotte and Becky Lynch. Charlotte is already posting tweets about wanting to kick the shit out of the other MMA 4HW while Becky is taking aim at EVERYONE. I expect that Ronda will squash Nia at TLC and that they'll potentially move onto Becky vs. Nia. Maybe that happens through a roster trade to bring Charlotte to Raw and Nia to Smackdown, or maybe they just inter-promotion it just for shits? Either way, I don't see a clear path to the future for Nia that involves her picking up meaningful wins down the road. They're harnessing the heel heat that she has now but that's about it. I think she has the PC in her future.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Nia is a title contender. Gotta push her. After that, I'm curious if they will. I'd send her back to NXT, if it were up to me. Teach her how to work.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    On topic of women (and ones that don't suck)...

They officially had Baron Corbin make her personally in charge of the women's division of RAW. Still hoping this isn't permanent. The only upside for her as a managerial role is showcasing her awesome fashion sense.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It at least keeps her on t.v. and relevant. Most girls just fade away until it's their turn. We still get our weekly fix.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    It at least keeps her on t.v. and relevant. Most girls just fade away until it's their turn. We still get our weekly fix.
    Yeah but unlike most I actually enjoyed her wrestling and matches so I still do hope (and know) this is temporary. I'd hate if that was lost.

Loved this:

Last edited by Space Suicide; 11-26-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I heard RAW was awful (even more than usual!!!) this week...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I heard RAW was awful (even more than usual!!!) this week...
    Correct. To say it was a shitshow is being too nice.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Apparently one of the worst ever.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Jason Solomon just called it the worst RAW ever, wow...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    So here's the state of the titles on Raw and why I think they really hurt last night's episode -

Tag Titles - AOP is a great, powerful, heel tag team and elevating them to that level is a great call. They're ruining it with the piss stuff. It's just as bad as the Nattie farting stuff from a few years ago. Stop it. You have too many good tag teams on Raw and they're being wasted on piss jokes.

Women's - We're in a holding pattern of WWE's own making since they made Nia the #1 contender and have Ronda caught up in a hot feud with Charlotte and Becky. Last night's segment was awful. Both Nia and Ronda looked like amateurs on the microphone and their dialogue was horrible. Ronda did the weird thing she does with her voice and... yeah, it was all uncomfortable. The weird spot with Nattie and the Riott Squad was super out of place as well. Two things happen - Ronda loses the title to Nia who then hot potatoes it to someone else so Ronda can go to Smackdown and take on Charlotte and Becky, or Ronda retains and Charlotte comes to Raw. Either way, the current direction of the Raw women's division is super goofy.

(the not yet real) Women's Tag Titles - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST ROLL OUT THE BELTS ALREADY SO WE CAN MAKE SASHA AND BAYLEY THE CHAMPS SO THEY CAN FEUD WITH MICKIE AND ALICIA FOR SOMETHING. ugh.

IC Title - This has the best situation of the titles but man, announcing the match at TLC between Ambrose and Rollins has turned out to be quite the roadblock for this feud. Rollins bringing back the open challenge was good until it was answered by Dolph. We have seen this match enough now and it's time to move both men on. They should have delayed the match announcement so that Seth and Dean could have had a few attempted matches that led up to this moment.

Universal Title - *sigh* I feel like Braun is the unanointed champion here but his injury has sidelined any momentum for this feud between him and Brock. I feel like Drew, Baron, Lashley and Finn are somehow in the hunt here, but I'm also thinking I'm assigning too much of a connection between those four and how this all ties into the red belt. There are rumors that Lesnar vs. Rollins will be set for WM but will it be for the Universal title? That presumes that Ambrose picks up the IC title and that Braun would end up losing his Royal Rumble match to Lesnar if the WM match is for the title. I think the only other thing holding up Braun are his injuries - we know about the bone spurs in his elbow, but many reports are coming out that his knees are shot to hell and that's why he runs so awkwardly. They might put him on the shelf and save him for next year's Summerslam instead then.

It's all a confusing mix that has, IMO, hurt one particular person - Finn Balor. What are we doing with Finn?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Jason Solomon just called it the worst RAW ever, wow...

Not official until Alvarez says "minus 5 stars"

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    RAW is absolute garbage. They put all their eggs into one basket with Reigns and once he had the leukemia return their plans fell apart immediately.

the women’s roster is in a broken state thanks to Ronda Rousey holding the title. Hope Alexa is traded back to SmackDown! ASAP so I can skip skimming RAW every week. RAW is a total chore to watch and SD! Is actually enjoyable. I preferred her on SD! Anyways.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They're in a holding pattern until rumble. I only watched s tiny bit of raw. I can't watch when Corbin is on. Sucks the life out of everything. Zero charisma.

The women's division will get better once the Nia angle is over. Hopefully one and done.

Not sure what the deal is with the women's tag titles? They need it, badly. And whoever thinks Bayley and Sasha are winning them are in for some disappointment.

Nothing on raw matters or means anything. It's not even interesting enough to be labeled "trash", "train wreck", or "dumpster fire". Those are things with actual meaning and actually happen.

This is just atrocious.

I really wonder how proud these creative nitwits are. Do you think they have the brass to tell people what they do for a living or point how what horrendous ideas of their made network television and how many people hate it?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Not official until Alvarez says "minus 5 stars"
    The guy who wrote "The Death of WCW"?
    I heard he's in Meltzer's podcast, but i barely listen to it, i can't stand Dave...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Joe is LIGHT YEARS ahead of the rest of the roster on the mic. Holy hell this was savage.