Page 351 of 486 FirstFirst ... 251 301 341 349 350 351 352 353 361 401 451 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,530 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    yaaaaaaaaay, lesss go carmelllaaaaaaaaa - if she's out this rumble is shit

e: welp, she did not even get to the ring..... ouch

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    VICKIE!!!!! VICKIE GUERRERO!!!!!! And she got a pop! I guess we do miss her.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    What would happen if Naomi just stayed there?

that was funny
    Last edited by Volband; 01-28-2018 at 09:46 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Oh, and Ronda Rousey didn't show up. Oh well....

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    What a surprise... not! But it wasn't too bad overall, and I'm happy for my girl Carmella, she did good.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    At least the right person won in Asuka. 2 Japanese wrestlers win the Rumble this year. Not bad at all.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Or did she?!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Spoke too soon

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Oh shit....

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    That womens royal rumble was great until rowdy ronda rousey showed up. That was fucking stupid.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    That womens royal rumble was great until rowdy ronda rousey showed up. That was fucking stupid.
    I agree. This was supposed to be Asuka's moment.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Really, it was all the womens moment. They closed the show, and then bam. My volume was off since my daughter is sleeping next to me. Did she get a pop?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    At least they didn't ruin Auska's streak by having Rousey in the Rumble and winning it.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    It was stupid on many levels. Those pointing moments from her were cringe-heavy, and that handshake with Steph... I mean, should I be mad?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Thought it was a pretty good show. Very rare we get a good rumble match within the course of a few years. We got two good ones in a single night. Insane that two Japanese stars got the rub. Very happy for them.

Rousey debut was pretty cool. It did kinda overshadow Asuka's win some. I don't think it really matters in the long scheme of things though. Wrestlemania is definitely shaping up to be a good one this year. A little bittersweet that I chose not to go.

What's even more crazy is that Rousey is going to be full time. Wouldn't have guessed that at all.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I was actually fine with how everything went. If you didn’t follow UFC, Ronda disrespecting everyone makes perfect sense for her WWE character (she’s even using her UFC walk out music). Asuka smacking her hand away was an appropriate response. The handshake with Steph was a callback to her Wrestlemania moment a few years back.

The sign pointing IS dumb but that’s a Vince thing.

Congrats to Nakamura as well. He and AJ will easily have the best match at Mania.

The only match that was terrible was the battle of the big dumb guys for the Universal title but I don’t know anyone who expected it to turn out any other way. Can’t wait for Master Blaster and Not The Guy to stink up the joint in the main event of Mania but I take comfort in knowing AJ/Nakamura is the real main event.
    Last edited by Swykk; 01-29-2018 at 08:36 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The sign pointing is kinda ridiculous. They gotta get those shots.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I have a feeling it's going to be Rousey vs. Charlotte at WrestleMania likely for the Blue Women's title. Asuka smacking her hand away was perfect but the Steph handshake was bad. The RRP thing is fine for now.

If I remember correctly, Lesnar is considered fulltime as well, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Ronda handled the same - promos, staredowns and brawls on free TV with the actual fights happening on PPV. Charlotte makes sense for her first match since it'll be horsewoman vs. horsewoman and you can lump in Becky, Sasha and Bailey with Shayna and the other two MMA horsewomen for a power walk down to the ring at WM. Charlotte also makes sense because she's the likeliest to take care of Ronda for what I assume will be her first match.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm thinking Asuka/Charlotte. I doubt it's going to be Asuka/Bliss, again. We got that recently with Asuka going over. No sense in that again when they just gave it away for free.

I'm also not sure how far along she is with her training either. A gimmick tag match might be a safe bet to cover up her flaws, if any.

Rumor is Rousey and someone else in a tag match with Triple H and Steph. That one makes more sense to me. Not sure who her partner would be though. They want the rock but they're probably not going to get him. Maybe Braun. He's rumored to go against Miz which I find weird. Not sure what Angle is doing either. Assuming he's working mania.

This mania is looking to be pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I'm thinking Asuka/Charlotte. I doubt it's going to be Asuka/Bliss, again. We got that recently with Asuka going over. No sense in that again when they just gave it away for free.

I'm also not sure how far along she is with her training either. A gimmick tag match might be a safe bet to cover up her flaws, if any.

Rumor is Rousey and someone else in a tag match with Triple H and Steph. That one makes more sense to me. Not sure who her partner would be though. They want the rock but they're probably not going to get him. Maybe Braun. He's rumored to go against Miz which I find weird. Not sure what Angle is doing either. Assuming he's working mania.

This mania is looking to be pretty awesome.
    Angle makes the most sense because of what they set up at Survivor Series. If they can get Rock, score, but if not, Angle already has that recent history with HHH so he could tag up with Rousey then.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    It was to be expected, she's one of the hottest free agents for the WWE, i did liked to see her but i think she was just the excuse for the women's rumble...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    It was to be expected, she's one of the hottest free agents for the WWE, i did liked to see her but i think she was just the excuse for the women's rumble...
    I don't think that's necessarily the case, but even if it was I wouldn't care. Even if Vince did all of it just to give Rhonda a showcase, the rest of the women on the roster are still going to benefit from it. I'm excited to see how to Women's Elimination Chamber match will shape up, and Rhonda won't have anything to do with that.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graceless View Post
    I don't think that's necessarily the case, but even if it was I wouldn't care. Even if Vince did all of it just to give Rhonda a showcase, the rest of the women on the roster are still going to benefit from it. I'm excited to see how to Women's Elimination Chamber match will shape up, and Rhonda won't have anything to do with that.
    Don't get me wrong, i know the WWE wanted to do a women's rumble for some time and after the Women's Hell in a Cell and Money in the Bank, it was only natural.

But i the end the match ended up being a showcase for Rhonda, i wonder if Rousey wasn't available? of course we would have gotten the RR match, but the media coverage would have been completely different.

But i do agree that the Women's division it's going to benefit from it, i want Rhonda to be similar to Brock (dominant), but also put people over.
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 02-01-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's no secret that she loves the business, so hopefully this negative feedback that's coming from the rest of the women's roster is just a work. I really hope she's not already making enemies in the locker room.

WTF is this Smackdown Top 10 thing about? It makes zero sense to me.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Do you think fans were upset at Mr. T's involvement at Wrestlemania 1?

No, they weren't.

Wrestling is about moments. we had a cool moment, and we didn't ruin Auska's streak..if Rousey was in the rumble, she would HAVE to win.

Everthing is okay, people.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'm glad she's in the WWE, it made a lot of sense and i hope she's mingling along, i know she has respect for the business.
    If the women's division is going to be taken seriously she brings lots of cred to the table.

I'm happy it will be Nakamura/AJ at Wrestlemania, i think also it will be Cena /Taker, i'm not crazy about that match but if they are indeed bringing Taker back, that's a good match for him to (finally) retire.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I don't want to see 'Taker wrestle. I really hope that doesn't happen.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    I know. Booker's commentary has been ridiculous as of late. I'd wonder who would win a fight. Him or Corey?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Yeah, i heard the shoot, i like Booker but i can understand Corey