Page 299 of 486 FirstFirst ... 199 249 289 297 298 299 300 301 309 349 399 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,970 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post

I apologize that I routinely come into your thread and bitch up a storm like this. It's just that I grew up watching this shit with my old man, and to see it suck so fucking hard the way it does anymore is borderline infuriating, even if it's ultimately fake. There is *no* excuse for the fucking stupidity routinely displayed by organizations like TNA and the WWE, who exhibit senseless booking week after week, month after month like this.
    No need to apologize, i understand you and even if we agree that we disagree, we all share a love/hate relationship with the WWE in this thread and the only reason we keep watching is our long love affair with professional wrestling.
    I've been watching wrestling (both Mexican and WWE) since i was a kid, and many of my friends "outgrown it", but i didn't, to me it's like a marriage.
    I've been disappointed multiple times with the product, i get the hate it gets on the net when they take stupid decisions and i understand most of your comments, but i also think that if someone isn't happy and even angry it's better to stop watching; i stopped watching superhero movies for similar reasons and i'm ok with that...
    Bottom line: we're all in this and we like to complaint, there's still some good things in wrestling and tons of (misused) talent, but there's a fine line between love and hate and if the thing is becoming hateful is better to stop.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Meltz is saying the finish to orton vs Lesnar was the plan. Badass. I do think think they expected that much blood though.. but man. What an awesome finish.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Apparently Finn injured his shoulder when Rollins did the buckle bomb on the barricade. Hopefully it isn't serious. :-(

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm losing my smile

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Also, to guys like @Swykk, @Piko, @thevoid99, @Conan The Barbarian, @henryeatscereal and that dude with the scientific name that starts with X and actually wrestles professionally..

I apologize that I routinely come into your thread and bitch up a storm like this. It's just that I grew up watching this shit with my old man, and to see it suck so fucking hard the way it does anymore is borderline infuriating, even if it's ultimately fake. There is *no* excuse for the fucking stupidity routinely displayed by organizations like TNA and the WWE, who exhibit senseless booking week after week, month after month like this.

The WWE literally took the design for their beyond-ugly WWE title and made it fucking RED for their contradictory universal title bullshit. That's just as bad as TNA's champion wearing all three singles titles, then coming out on live TV and tossing two of them to the ground this week. Yea, real good.

Granted, the biggest idiot here is me, for continuing to watch this bullshit. But unlike the WWE and TNA, at least I'm aware of my ignorance. For fuck's sake..
    You have nothing to apologize. I feel your pain. Besides, After WrestleMania 32. I tried to stay away from wrestling sites and everything as I just tried to focus on ROH while becoming interested in Lucha Underground. I haven't watched an entire episode of WWE Raw since the night after WrestleMania 31 where by that point. I had stopped watching the show in its entirety since September w/ the exception of the night after Survivor Series 2014 because I thought Sting was going to be on TV. I knew WWE was going to fuck this up as usual and it doesn't surprise me in how bad they would do things. I'm just surprised by how delusional they've become in thinking everyone will like this and that and have fans accept it. I'm just waiting for the WWE to end altogether. I'm tired of reading about guys who aren't very good getting over or hags who can't even contribute everything in the ring and yet be handed the keys because she probably eats Kevin Dunn's asshole for breakfast.

I'm just relieved that TNA has something in what the Hardys are doing as well as the fact that ROH and Lucha Underground at least are creating something interesting.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Reports are saying that Orton got knocked out by Lesnar's elbow which lead to a premature end of the fight.
    Orton needed 10 stitches to close that wound on his head.

Some are saying this wasn't scripted and that Lesnar kinda forgot this wasn't the UFC.
    If this is true, holy shit. I thought he cut himself a bit too deep and that's what caused the major blood pool.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    If this is true, holy shit. I thought he cut himself a bit too deep and that's what caused the major blood pool.
    No way man, near as I know they legit don't blade anymore.. watch it again and you can see which elbow it was that cracked him open.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    No need to blade if you're in there with Lesnar.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

My respect for Chris Jericho just soared.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Balor relinquished the title, out for 6 months. FUCK.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Man, I'm fucking furious. Another guy Rollins has injured with that fucking powerbomb. Ended Sting's career, and now this. And let's not forget he broke Cena's nose with a reckless knee. Fuck Seth Rollins. Hopefully they ban that powerbomb.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Well, this is great. Nice going Rollins you moron. My respect for Jericho just came back. I'm glad he didn't take shit from Lesnar and had the balls to get into his face. After all, Lesnar is no longer special as that whole he's immune to the wellness policy bullshit made me lose some respect for him.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I blame Rollins on this one. This isn't the first guy he's taken out with that move. And it hasn't even been a year since he retired Sting.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Unfuckingbelievable. This is what happens when you hotshot a guy to a world championship in his third week of being on the active roster. All that Demon King hype and now this. If that universal title wasn't completely worthless before, it sure as shit is now. Great job, WWE.
    Eh, it balor being booked so fast had nothing to do with it..

It was balor bumping on the barricade stupidly putting his arm out

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    No, I understand that completely.

My issue with this is multi-layered. It starts with the brand extension, which was completely pointless and ridiculous to begin with. The WWE doesn't have a roster deep enough -- or healthy enough -- to constitute two distinct brands. But because Vince and Dunn think this tired retread of an idea is "fresh", a brand extension means we need to have TWO world champions in the same organization yet again.

So, they recruit Balor from NXT for star power when the guy received no build-up whatsoever, and push him as a world title contender when the guy is legit busted up to begin with. They hotshot him to world champion status in his third match on the main roster, and unsurprisingly, it's the same move that nearly killed Sting that puts Balor on the shelf.

Thus, the WWE's universal title is off to a grand beginning: it's immediately placed upon a three-week main roster rookie who has to relinquish the title in less than 24 hours. Why couldn't they have just given Cesaro or Owens a run instead?

Now we've got a fatal four way match next week with a guy everyone legit despises and a tag team wrestler who's been around for the duration of a lunch break. It's a complete joke, as most fans knew the brand extension would be.
    This is why I like you. You speak the truth and don't bullshit about anything. I really have grown to despise the WWE for its misuse of talent and not standing by ideas of logic in favor of just more of the same old shit. Now it looks like we'll see Roman's push take 40 and as the Universal Champion. They're just making Diesel's reign look good and for the record, David Arquette is a more credible champion than Roman Reigns.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Eh, it balor being booked so fast had nothing to do with it..

It was balor bumping on the barricade stupidly putting his arm out
    Looks like he put his arm out to protect himself. I think he was screwed either way.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Looks like he put his arm out to protect himself. I think he was screwed either way.
    Putting your arms back is exactly what you're not supposed to do for reasons like this.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Fuckin Seth!
    I do like him, but first he injures Sting and now Balor? WTF?
    Finn even worked with Samoa Joe, who is stiff as fuck and even injured Tyson Kidd...
    Rollins reminds me to Jericho on the early 2000's, fucking stiff and gives no fucks, such a shame for Balor as he was only beginning...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Balor's injury was 100% Balor's fault.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    If you say so i believe you

Though luck, seems we'll get Reigns as champ sooner or later ...at least it seems we'll get Owens as champ at some point too!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    If he hadn't have blocked his head with his arm wouldn't he have hurt his head? Also Seth let him go to soon. They need to ban that move all together.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    If you say so i believe you
    I don't mean to come off as a know it all or anything like that, I hope you or anybody else didn't interpret it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    If he hadn't have blocked his head with his arm wouldn't he have hurt his head? Also Seth let him go to soon. They need to ban that move all together.

nope, the point to bumping is to be as flat as possible and tucking your chin. Putting your arm back to stop your fall (whether it be a bump on the mat, or for a vertical bump) you put all of your body weight and force onto that ONE part of your body, with the momentum, dislocations and breaks are extremely likely. Which is obviously what happened. I think he didn't trust Seth and thought he was further from the barricade than he actually was so his instincts kicked in to guide him to the barricade (by putting his arm OVER the top of the barricade) flat back bumping is actually something I feel like EVERYBODY should learn how to do, its a valuable life hack.

also, both bucklebombs are freak accidents. Seth is doing his part right..it's just a matter of the first accident was to a 50+ year old man, and this time was on the outside.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, knowing how to take a bump could save your ass. I slipped and fell in the freezer at work once, landed flat. No problems. But seriously, it didn't seem like Balor really had time to react. Maybe that's just me.

Another good smackdown tonight. Compared to raw, they're killing it. Loved the set as well. Pretty similar the the raw/summerslam one, but a little different. Hopefully this is what they go with from here on. Good stuff.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I saw the double-turn between Nikki Bella and Carmella which I think is going to work. Having Nikki return is a good thing as I think a feud with her and Carmella will do wonders for both of them. BTW, I know the Miz is meant to be this delusional A-list wannabe but I recently heard an interview with him on Solomonster about how he's more important than great IC champs like Bret Hart, HBK, and Curt Henning and I was like.... "oh, wait a minute". Miz maybe good on the mic but he's not even in the level, let alone the same galaxy, of those 3 as well as the likes of Scott Hall and Ricky Steamboat as the great IC champions.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Did anyone see the miz/Bryan thing on the network/youtube. Miz just went off. Like, in a holy fuck kind of way. Worth seeing. A lot of people aren't sure if it's a work or shoot. If it's a work, holy shit.

And the miz interview with Solomonster was in character. No way it couldn't have been.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Did anyone see the miz/Bryan thing on the network/youtube. Miz just went off. Like, in a holy fuck kind of way. Worth seeing. A lot of people aren't sure if it's a work or shoot. If it's a work, holy shit.

And the miz interview with Solomonster was in character. No way it couldn't have been.
    I saw some of that. Goddamn, Miz has his moments in delivering promos but I wouldn't fuck with Daniel Bryan.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Probably a work. A work that hit the feels. Don't think I've ever seen miz cut a promo like that, ever. It was great. Bummer that nothing will probably come from this though.
    Last edited by Piko; 08-24-2016 at 12:12 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    See, here's where I'll disagree with you. Danielson is genuine when he speaks and legit in ring. Who fucking cares if he's "ugly?!" By the way, I find the Bellas to be intolerable vapid twats. Wrestling's Kardashians, if you will. So the only thing I dislike about Danielson is that he married one of those gross fake subhuman wastes. As you may already know, I like Miz too but he can't touch Danielson's ability. Not even close.
    Last edited by Swykk; 08-24-2016 at 07:30 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Lol I always associated miz from the real world New York. Back when I watched mtv as a teen. There was one episode where he was stating how he loved wrestling and had one of those toy belts. Fast forward years later and I saw him on the show as a backstage journalist and pointed out to my bud ,"that's the guy from the real world".

So it's nice to see him actually pursue his dream. He has mic skills and in ring skills. He is a great heel. I hope they never baby face him. He can keep going up from here.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's an important point to make. Miz began as a reality TV star and wanted to become a wrestler. He did so and is a great talker, an okay wrestler, and a great heel. It sucks that he receives so much hate from fans. He's soooo much better than that bag of shit, ZZ, who just wanted another credit on his reality resume.