Page 292 of 486 FirstFirst ... 192 242 282 290 291 292 293 294 302 342 392 ... LastLast
Results 8,731 to 8,760 of 14559

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Roman Reigns has been suspended for 30 days for his first wellness violation.

source: http://www.wwe.com/article/roman-reigns-suspended

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    He will suffer almost no consequences for it aside for that obviously explaining the outcome of MITB. Look at Orton. Nothing real will come of this. It would have to happen again, like Orton, for WWE to come down on him.

He isn't the guy but he's still THEIR guy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Roidman veins!!!!!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    In a more positive note, I've been booked in my first main event for this sunday! That's a bit stressful.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    He will suffer almost no consequences for it aside for that obviously explaining the outcome of MITB. Look at Orton. Nothing real will come of this. It would have to happen again, like Orton, for WWE to come down on him.

He isn't the guy but he's still THEIR guy.
    That's not entirely true. Orton has been punished. He was suspended each time, yeah. But, he was also punished creatively. They did nothing with him for a long time. And when he stayed out of trouble long enough, then they decided to give him another shot (when he cashed in on Bryan). So yeah, they might be skeptical to do anything with Reigns for a bit when he comes back.

And why would they make a match that he might not be able to even participate in? Is his suspension up by the next ppv? This is new and probably had nothing to do with his violation and more to do with the brand split.

But, aside from a "cooling off" period, yeah, he'll probably be just fine.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Again, that was after two strikes. Nothing will happen until Reigns has two strikes...just like Orton.

If that isn't proof enough, Meltzer is reporting WWE knew of the violation before MITB. Sat on it until today. He will be free three days before Battleground.

He is still THEIR guy.
    Last edited by Swykk; 06-21-2016 at 07:23 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post

He is still THEIR guy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It wasn't a good drug.
    It wasn't a bad drug.
    It was just THE drug.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I wonder if the WWE knew earlier and that's the real reason why he lost the title (not because they have anything planned for Ambrose...)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Again, why bother booking a main event then suspend him? That makes no sense. His suspension ends just a few days before the ppv, I think. He won't be around for any of the build. I don't think they knew.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    "I'm not a good guy...
    I'm not a bad guy...
    ...but i know a guy"

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Roderick Strong seems to be finishing up in ROH. Welcome to NXT, Roddy.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Roderick Strong seems to be finishing up in ROH. Welcome to NXT, Roddy.
    So much for Mr. ROH. I guess he will be jobbing to Mark Briscoe.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    He was mostly a PWG guy though, right? He was only exclusive to ROH for the last year or so, I think. Good worker, but he's kinda lacking when it comes to character. He'll work some pretty good matches in NXT (if that's what he does). Moose might not be too far behind him either. That guy is going to be an absolute beast if he continues improving at the rate he's going. It's insane. Obviously, he wouldn't be able to use a spear anymore though...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Roddy has almost always been a ROH guy (minus a short stint in TNA) and also a regular in PWG. Moose is mos def going to WWE.

Regarding Reigns, I trust Dave Meltzer, who said WWE knew in advance. It makes sense. He would need to pop a second time for any real repercussions. The biggest evidence of that is him still being in the triple threat.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I think it's about time they turn Reings heel: his championship reign was a failed experiment, Rollins and Ambrose are more over as faces, most crowds seem to dislike him and he "betrayed" the WWE Universe, if the WWE is smart they will capitalize on this...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Does anybody here know of any indy companies near them? I'm trying to branch the hell out. I'd really appreciate it.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    AAW and AIW are local in the Illinois/Indiana/Ohio loop.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Does anybody here know of any indy companies near them? I'm trying to branch the hell out. I'd really appreciate it.
    Showtime All-Star Wrestling is the local company here in Nashville. They have ties to the NWA. Booker T was at one of their shows close by earlier this month.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Now Meltzer is reporting Angle isn't coming back. Quit playing games with my heart, Kurt and WWE!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifey View Post
    Showtime All-Star Wrestling is the local company here in Nashville. They have ties to the NWA. Booker T was at one of their shows close by earlier this month.
    cheers! would you happen to know whom the booker is/how to get in contact? thanks man!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

2 minute promo which is followed by an attack on my leg

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    I agree with this..

A storyline explanation is pretty dumb because this is the viral age and the news is out there, making the rounds. If they were smart, they'd remove him from Battleground (he won't be there to build it up anyway) and have AJ Styles take his place, bitching that he took Reigns to the limit and was cheated because of the wellness violation. That gets the (Bullet) Club involved, teasing a Shield reunion of sorts. Then have Roman show up at the PPV seemingly as a face, but turn and attack Ambrose, either costing him the title or setting up a match at Summerslam.

The only way Reigns can be any kind of over as champion is if he's a heel. He's got to be the guy everyone wants to see get beat because they can't stand him. As a face, it's just not going to happen.
    It will be for the best... look how a heel turn worked on The Rock, it did wonders for him!, plus: it will set up Cena vs Reigns at Summerslam (everyone knows even "smart fans" will prefer Cena, so it's a no brainer...).

Also: opening ceremony of the WWE Cruiserweight Classic, good watch!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    And now for our viewing pleasure.... BOTCHAMANIA 311:

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Yesterday was easy day. I did a promo and was attacked from behind. Turned into a match...25 seconds. Easy af.

Today got my first main event in West Virginia for the Fed's secondary title. Bit of pressure.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    And here's another new episode of BOTCHAMANIA!!!!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I told him to throw me over the top..I thought he'd just throw me over the top like a royal Rumble thing...this dude is SO strong.

Wv show is done. Easy match..it was outside..which meant the canvas was REALLY hot. That kinda sucked.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    New Day are the best. They better not be breaking up.

Although I'm 100% sure he got clearance to talk about Reigns, Rollins fucking rules.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Apparently Tyson Kidd's contract will be over soon and it won't be renewed...

Such a shame! he was one of the most talented guys in recent years and he had lots of potential, i can't believe Samoa Joe killed his career (not trying to bash Joe, i believe he is an awesome wrestler...)