Page 289 of 486 FirstFirst ... 189 239 279 287 288 289 290 291 299 339 389 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,670 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I've been away on vacation... did I miss anything exciting?

I see Cody Rhodes quit. That sucks. It's too bad H's and VKM wouldn't let him be himself. I figured they'd have him ditch the Stardust gimmick once Dusty passed away.
    Sandow is gone. Hopefully he ends up somewhere that uses him better.
    "Make Darren Young Great Again"? What the hell is that?!?
    They're still trying to make it sound like Reigns gets cheers instead of boos and they have top stars talking about how great he is? Wow... just.... just wow.
    Rollins is back!!
    AJ turned on Cena! That was an awesome heel turn! And now he's with "The Club" (that's a boring name) and they'll be fighting "The Bloodline"? Who comes up with these names?

Anything else worth looking at?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Yeah, Adam Cole joining the Bullet Club @ ROH and later Adam Page joining the Bullet Club as they're taking over Ring of Honor.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    I've been away on vacation... did I miss anything exciting?

I see Cody Rhodes quit. That sucks. It's too bad H's and VKM wouldn't let him be himself. I figured they'd have him ditch the Stardust gimmick once Dusty passed away.
    Sandow is gone. Hopefully he ends up somewhere that uses him better.
    "Make Darren Young Great Again"? What the hell is that?!?
    They're still trying to make it sound like Reigns gets cheers instead of boos and they have top stars talking about how great he is? Wow... just.... just wow.
    Rollins is back!!
    AJ turned on Cena! That was an awesome heel turn! And now he's with "The Club" (that's a boring name) and they'll be fighting "The Bloodline"? Who comes up with these names?

Anything else worth looking at?
    Pretty much. They're pretty much accepting and playing off the negative reactions now. "You may love him or you may hate him, but you sure care enough to react to him" is along the lines of what JBL said recently.

Raw this week was atrocious. With the NBA and NHL finals, they must not have expected a good turnout on the ratings. They sure didn't seem like they cared. The AJ/Cena segment was the only good thing about the show. The Rollins/Reigns segment was a headscratcher.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Yeah, Adam Cole joining the Bullet Club @ ROH and later Adam Page joining the Bullet Club as they're taking over Ring of Honor.
    That should be awesome! (Been too busy catching up with everything and had only had a chance to glance through WWE news. Should be getting to ROH in the next day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    The Rollins/Reigns segment was a headscratcher.
    Rollins kept teasing running into the ring 5 times or something? Weird...

Splitting the WWE roster again?
    3 hours Monday, 2 hours Tuesday, 1 hour NXT Wednesday... and 4 hours on Sunday when there's a PPV.... that'll be painful!!

"New Era" seems to be said constantly... nothing has changed. And now Shane and Stephanie are getting along? They really do think fans don't care about any sort of consistency, do they?

That being said, for something positive: Take the time to watch tomorrow nights Smackdown main event. Kofi Kingston versus AJ Styles was fantastic!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don't know how they're going to pull this off. Smackdown might do well. Raw will probably continue to flop though. They can't even put together a three hour show with the roster they have now. They think they can do that now with half? I'm sure there's going to be a lot of NXT call ups as well.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Busy weekend!

Friday I'm helping out with a Global Force Wrestling show (No, I didn't buy gold). I'll be doing security and stuff like that.
    Saturday I'm driving 2 hours away to Erie PA to wrestle at a fair, Wrestling THREE times. outside. in june.
    Sunday I'm driving an hour to West Virgina to do a run-in.

BUSY

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    My girlfriend and I got tickets for our first wrestling show. We are going to the NXT show in Louisville. She got into wrestling last year, but she loves it. Her favorites currently (she's only seen WWE and NXT) Dean Ambrose, Finn Balor, Bayley and Bray Wyatt. I've been a fan basically since birth. We are going with her mom and her brother. They like the same people just about. How are the live shows? More specifically the nxt ones?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Cena//Styles announced for MITB. Going to be an awesome match.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just need to post this... Ali is probably talking smack to Monsoon right now.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Wrestled 3 matches today. i'm so exhausted.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    UFC 200: Now featuring the return of Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I hope this means he's telling the WWE to fuck off.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    You know that's not possible.

Either the option was in his contract or WWE and UFC agreed to a deal (Maybe involving Ronda Rousey who loves WWE?).

Vince would never just let a cash cow draw go. Let's be real.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Interested to hear people's thoughts on the Ricochet/Osprey match.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Interested to hear people's thoughts on the Ricochet/Osprey match.
    It was great. Kept me on my toes. Definite MOTY candidate.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    And...DONE. crazy weekend is now in the books.

made a run-in today. hit a Canadian destroyer on a HUGE dude.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-y...605_231024.gif
    Last edited by xfocalinx; 06-06-2016 at 12:37 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    And...DONE. crazy weekend is now in the books.

made a run-in today. hit a Canadian destroyer on a HUGE dude.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-y...605_231024.gif
    In Joey Styles' voice..... OH MY GOD!!!!!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Don't get that Lesnar appearance at UFC, i know it's all bout the money, but is it just an exhibition match? i don't think Dana White is going to let him off the hook so easily, neither will Vince...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Unless he can land a takedown or 7, he's going to get knocked out. Watch any of Lesnar's past fights. He panics when he gets hit. Hunt murders people when he hits them. I bet Lesnar is getting paid A LOT. I bet the UFC and WWE struck some kind of deal.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Super stoked to hear about Brock Lesnar competing at UFC 200. Surprised to see his opponent is an actual challenge (From what I've heard - I don't follow that fake shit) I figured they'd book him against a young guy to guarantee him the win, and if the dude beats him, then they have a new star which, from what I gather, UFC desperately needs. I REALLY hope Paul Heyman accompanies him to the octagon.

Also, I'm willing to be now that this is happening, We're going to get Ronda at a WWE show.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    CM Punk will.... finally... fight at UFC 202.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Here's the whole sequence. totally badass.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Now that was fucking awesome. I just saw on Twitter that Teddy Long is back and... he fucked up his promo.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Now that was fucking awesome. I just saw on Twitter that Teddy Long is back and... he fucked up his promo.
    haha thanks man!!

yeah, someone is not used to being on live TV.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Glad I missed it. Apparently that whole opening segment was off the rails (from what I heard).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I bet Lesnar is getting paid A LOT. I bet the UFC and WWE struck some kind of deal.
    Right before Wrestlemania Lesnar was demanding (asking?) more money. So Vince struck a deal with Dana White instead. It's one match only and, if I remember correctly, Lesnar actually had one match left on his UFC contract.

And it (hopefully) makes Dana White a little more open about letting Rousey work for WWE in a very limited fashion/one off match.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Glad I missed it. Apparently that whole opening segment was off the rails (from what I heard).
    I missed it too.

Hearing Cena say "Bullet Club" on TV was pretty funny though. You know anyone would have been in shit.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Apparently Cena called them the "pull-it club"

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Super stoked to hear about Brock Lesnar competing at UFC 200. Surprised to see his opponent is an actual challenge (From what I've heard - I don't follow that fake shit) I figured they'd book him against a young guy to guarantee him the win, and if the dude beats him, then they have a new star which, from what I gather, UFC desperately needs. I REALLY hope Paul Heyman accompanies him to the octagon.

Also, I'm willing to be now that this is happening, We're going to get Ronda at a WWE show.
    I'm fairly sure Brock would never take a can to crush. That's not why he fights, which is what he pushes in interviews and what seems apparent in his short career. He did it to prove he can do it, and to dispel the notions of being a fake fighter he took on the biggest challenges UFC could throw at him and took down most of them. He was outfought by Cain and Overeem, he can't blame the disease nearly as much as he likes, but he was legit early on.

That said, Mark Hunt is going to kill him. He might literally kill him. Dude's knockout power is ridiculous, and he does actually have a very good takedown defense. I don't think he's ever fought a wrestler with Brock's skill level, though. Brock would need to get him down and keep him down if he wants to win.

It's clear to me that this is both for money and for pride - he wants to be at his healthiest and go all in, win or lose. I think, if he wins, UFC will start pushing for more fights, which gives WWE leverage, and if he loses, no big deal, he did what he set out to do and can head back to WWE with no regrets or what-ifs hanging over his head.

Now, Punk, I think, is almost certainly going to get bodied. He's 37, he's coming off a bad back surgery, and he's never had a real fight in his life. Wrestling destroyed his body and he's refusing to admit it. He looks good in promo shots, sure, but I'm not convinced whatsoever that he can ever notch a win. And that's probably what UFC thinks and knows, too - Mickey Gall isn't a can to crush, either, he has some real talent, and UFC 202 will give him a big stage to show that off, whether he destroys Punk in a minute or loses. The goal here is to make an assload of money off of Punk's first fight and, much like Brock, either ride the wave or push him out the door. That card's also going to be buoyed by the (fucking dumb) McGregor-Diaz II headliner, so Dana and his pals will be swimming in money as usual in July and August.

As for actual wrestling, I greatly enjoyed Raw last night. That opening segment was just so...wrestling. I think they should do a little more of that - things that only make sense in a wrestling context. Why were they all sitting on ladders bickering? Why weren't they, as Dean said, beating the shit out of each other immediately? Who knows? Who cares? It was great.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Aside from AJ/Cena, I thought raw was atrocious. Missed most of the first hour.