Page 280 of 486 FirstFirst ... 180 230 270 278 279 280 281 282 290 330 380 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,400 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    i HATE the term "buried" VERY rarely is it used in the correct sense.

Losing a match does not mean they were buried.

Writing off a character by constant loses or making them look weak on the way out, that is being buried. Like what they did to Barrett.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    samoa joe, cm punk, tyler black. but cm punk actually deserved being buried im sorry to say. he was asking for it. (see 'straight shooting' featuring him and joe)

there was others, but not ROH dudes. every other promotion you can think of though.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    And yet you still read about it? Honestly, I don't understand your obsession with hating the WWE. If you don't like it why do you care so much about it?
    I mean this in the nicest way possible: I've only ever seen you complain about WWE. Why are you wasting your energy on giving it any of your attention? Don't you have something more productive to do with your time?
    Well, how the fuck can you avoid that bullshit when it is all over the IMDB and Yahoo news you dumb fuck?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Barrett's on the way out though. So, i'm not sure if i'd consider that as "getting buried". Damien Sandow got BURIED. Guy gets huge pops, they don't even want him anywhere on their tv shows. That's as buried as you're going to get. I think a lot of people associate the term with guys who gets screwed by poor creative decisions. Bad, but not burial.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    i HATE the term "buried" VERY rarely is it used in the correct sense.

Losing a match does not mean they were buried.

Writing off a character by constant loses or making them look weak on the way out, that is being buried. Like what they did to Barrett.
    IM JUST SAYING RIGHT NOW, I MAY BE OUT OF PLACE:

just because you are an active wrestler and i'm not, don't even imply i don't know what "buried" means. i know what's up on the vernacular.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    He didn't single anyone out. Just said he hates the term and how misused it is (which it is).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    yeah, it's transference. i'm really moody and defensive. especially when it comes to stuff like this. sorry fellas.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldopa View Post
    IM JUST SAYING RIGHT NOW, I MAY BE OUT OF PLACE:

just because you are an active wrestler and i'm not, don't even imply i don't know what "buried" means. i know what's up on the vernacular.

chill haha. I don't think i'm any better than anyone on this board because I'm in the business. I'm just saying, I saw Piko say "Wasn't aware Owens got buried." so I assumed someone used the term, so I got on my soapbox. Wasn't singleing anybody out yo!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I was being a smartass, haha.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Well, how the fuck can you avoid that bullshit when it is all over the IMDB and Yahoo news you dumb fuck?
    I appreciate your so eloquently worded response that doesn't even address the point I was actually making...
    Reading the headlines about it is one thing, actually letting it get you upset, posting about it in here, giving it any attention at all.... That's all on you and I simply don't understand why you take the time to complain about something that you clearly don't like.

But hey, if you want to come across as someone that would rather spend his time yelling at the internet instead of doing something that wouldn't make you angry you just keep on being you.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    lmao you don't get it.
    i really think it's the earmark of a true wrestling fan.

edit: steen will get legit buried, mark my words.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him be champion by next wrestlemania. Funny feeling he's going to win MITB this year.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i'd bank on that too actually and i haven't watched in a good year or so.

BUT the E's timeline is such...

come up
    "pay dues"
    win MITB
    small run (behind the scenes, no perks)
    slowly descend into jobber / unemployed land

IC title has the same curse nowadays, save a few. AND the american champ or whatever that mess is.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    remember when the IC title had meaning? like bret and roddy's belt match!

strap match...whatever.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, pretty much. But the recent call ups are getting a good rub though. Better than some. Enzo and Cass are doing the exact same thing as they did in NXT. Doesn't seem like they're being held back in any way. Certainly don't come off as scripted. Vaudevillians will probably end up as jobbers though. I think Breeze and Neville got the short end. Neville's had a better main roster run that Breeze though. Owens is a main eventer. Gotta build up Zayn and make as much money from it as possible.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I appreciate your so eloquently worded response that doesn't even address the point I was actually making...
    Reading the headlines about it is one thing, actually letting it get you upset, posting about it in here, giving it any attention at all.... That's all on you and I simply don't understand why you take the time to complain about something that you clearly don't like.

But hey, if you want to come across as someone that would rather spend his time yelling at the internet instead of doing something that wouldn't make you angry you just keep on being you.
    Well your point is bullshit and I'm trying to disconnect myself from the WWE. I stopped reading the wrestling sites but there is always something going on in some film site or on Yahoo. I ain't angry. I'm beyond that as I want it out but you have to push it so now I'm going to have to fuck you up and then send your ass back to Connecticut where you like to go there and suck Vince's cock.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Well your point is bullshit and I'm trying to disconnect myself from the WWE. I stopped reading the wrestling sites but there is always something going on in some film site or on Yahoo. I ain't angry. I'm beyond that as I want it out but you have to push it so now I'm going to have to fuck you up and then send your ass back to Connecticut where you like to go there and suck Vince's cock.
    Seriously? You're going to threaten to beat someone up over the internet? I can see that this is going to go nowhere so I'll suggest that if you want to disconnect from it you might want to start glancing at the headlines and try to not give them any thought. Posting about how stupid you think it is will continue to drag you back to it.
    I don't care if you agree with me or not, take my advice or not. It doesn't matter to me. I'm done with this conversation.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Seriously? You're going to threaten to beat someone up over the internet? I can see that this is going to go nowhere so I'll suggest that if you want to disconnect from it you might want to start glancing at the headlines and try to not give them any thought. Posting about how stupid you think it is will continue to drag you back to it.
    I don't care if you agree with me or not, take my advice or not. It doesn't matter to me. I'm done with this conversation.
    OK, at least I'm not some cocksucker who wastes his time watching that bullshit begging for CM Punk or Daniel Bryan to come back.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I'm not sure what happened to this thread but I'm going to Payback, which looks to be 1,000,000 times better than Sameoldshitmania. Like I said much earlier, I'm going to keep supporting the wrestlers I love. And yeah, I know charisma vacuum Reigns will beat AJ but I like everyone on the card except Reigns (and the Green Jersey Shore Douchebags), who again, while a capable worker is not anywhere close to being "the guy."

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Payback looks like it'll be pretty good this year.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Payback's card looks decent enough, i will be watching!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Guys, chill. It's wrestling. It's not real.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    There's a world of things to improve on, but I agree everything is at least pointing somewhat in a better direction since mania.

I get pissed with Enzo cause he's clearly got amazing charisma and mic skills, but it's being hindered with such a stupid gimmick. Or at the very least, a gimmick that is hindered by PG.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    He can't wrestle well at all and neither can Cass. That's my biggest problem with them. They do the same match every time and it's sloppy every time. I'm shocked they were so featured on NXT much less brought to RAW. They're so green. But then again, so is Rybread.

As for being good on the mic? Not really. They have one routine that wore out its welcome over a year ago.
    Last edited by Swykk; 04-19-2016 at 12:23 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    lololol I can't believe what just happened at the top of this thread. For real, just like xfocalinx said, it's fuckin Wrestling. Its a predetermined sport. If you are getting THIS upset over this shit, you should rethink your life choices. You know what's easier than getting pissed and name calling each other over the internet over fucking television characters? Taking the 0.2 miliseconds it takes to change the channel. Or you know, just don't even turn the TV on and go outside.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Yeah, I have opinions about wrestling and wrestlers, of course...but I'm never not going to like wrestling. If that day does come, I'll just quit watching it. Even when WWE sucks and boy did Wrestlemania suck, I got a fantastic NXT Takeover I gushed over just two days prior! Now I'm going to Payback, which again, looks amazing!

It's not all garbage, guys. Plus there's always ROH and the almighty PWG!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've quit watching once before (although I watched periodically). If you don't like it, then stop. If you see a headline somewhere, just move on.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rewatching Nakamura/Zayn and it gets better EVERY. TIME.
    Very excited to see how the Zayn/Owens story unfolds on the main roster and which, if any, titles get added into the mix.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's going to be good. Originally, I wanted the IC Title to be involved. But, neither of them really need it, atm. It would've helped the title more than it would help them. Feud-wise, they're going to have some classics. I've got some early predictions for payback.

Anderson and Gallows are going to cost AJ the title. Some people think they could side with Reigns. I don't see it though. Maybe Balor will come up. I'm not going to bet on that though. But, i'm still going with that match result though.

Cesaro over Miz. It's time to for them to pull the trigger with Cesaro and stick with it.

Charlotte over Natalya.

Enzo and Cass over Vaudevillains

Owens over Zayn.

Jericho over Ambrose

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Agreed; Owens/Zayn doesn't need a belt at the moment. Down the line have one of them take the US Strap from Rybotch as I feel he'll have it soon enough. Keeping the IC belt on Cesaro after Payback needs to happen and for them to keep developing stories for those two mid-card belts. There's more than enough talent to keep it interesting.