Page 249 of 486 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 299 349 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,470 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    That's the kind of beat down heels are supposed to deliver, not the guy you want to be your top face. I didn't like the post-match stuff at all. Faces shouldn't beat up the helpless authority figure unless and until they get into a match together. I didn't like it when Austin did it, and I don't like it now. But that's me. Clearly a lot of people enjoyed Austin beating up on McMahon in the 90s and Roman destroying Triple H tonight.

And where were Roman's friends when he was getting beat down by the League??

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    He was like a fucking fish when Reigns hit him with the chair. If they should create a feud for this. Build it up slow where Reigns just loses it as he takes his anger on Vince and beats him to a bloody pulp where Triple H finally would have a match against him at WrestleMania but it would be a no holds barred match. I could go for that. This might actually bring me back to watching WWE but.... we all know they'll do something stupid.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I thought it was good. Not great, but good enough. There's a reason why they had Owens drop the belt. Didn't even watch the Rycrap/Rusev match. Didn't pay much attention to Del Rio/Swagger either. The tag title match was great. Divas match was decent. Main event was good for what it was, even though it got shit on. And it's funny, while they may have had a dead crowd during the match, Reigns got a "thank you roman" chant before they went off the air.

With how creative is these days, I have serious doubts that they can follow up this momentum. They opened a new door, and have a very strong chance of getting Reigns over now, more than ever. It's just a matter of Vince and his goons dropping the ball. Tons of potential. If Reigns comes out smiling tonight, it's all over. And, everything they did last night was for nothing.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I guess they'll try to set up a HHH vs Reigns match at Wrestlemania, since it seems like The Rock won't be available this year (actually it sounds way better).
    I still don't care for Reigns but i gotta admit it was a cool segment, this even showed that he has potential to be a great heel, fuck his "Samoan-Cena" character.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Did anyone else notice the whole PPV was sponsored by Toys R Us?

I'm in my 30s now, and it's getting really embarrassing to try and call myself a fan at this point........

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Nothing wrong with Toys 'r Us!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ECW originals and Toys R Us:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    ECW originals and Toys R Us:

Nothing says hardcore wrestling action like kids' toys and fine jewelry.

FUCK!!! Even the sponsors were more masculine back in the day. "TONIGHT'S MONDAY NIGHT RAW IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY CASTROL GTX: DRIVE HARD!!"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Just watched the Owen Hart Blu Ray and cried my eyes out.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I just read that Joey Ryan is going to Lucha Underground!!!!! Penis power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Looks like we're getting a title change tonight. Pretty good raw until now. Ryhack is on... Otherwise, pretty solid.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    My trainer said I'm ahead of the curve tonight, and I'll be working matches soon! Unreal!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Looks like we're getting a title change tonight. Pretty good raw until now. Ryhack is on... Otherwise, pretty solid.
    No, it's Crybotch....

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    A bum can have many aliases. He's still a bum.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    A bum can have many aliases. He's still a bum.
    Exactly. Let's not forget what CM Punk says about him, "I'm dumb as fuck!"

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Very surprising, I wonder if they're going to overturn it or keep the decision.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The dirt sheets said they were waiting until he was completely over to pull the trigger. Vince comes out and puts him over. I think he's over now. Philly didn't shit on it. I just wonder if they can keep it going. It's all on Reigns now. He's the guy. And if he fails, that might be it.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Michael Cole should seriously be fired from wrestling for life. This is like the third or fourth time now he's made some comment before a major title match that completely gave away the result. Why else would Reigns be on ESPN with Coachman tomorrow if not for the obligatory WWE title circle jerk?

LoL @ Sheamus getting shammed with yet another pointless title reign. He's like one for five as far as noteworthy title reigns goes. I can't remember any of his previous reigns, save for that long one he had as WHC when he was a face. Remember when he held the U.S. title for pretty much the entire year last year and everyone virtually forgot he was the champion?

Don't really care about Reigns being WWE champion, or WWE at all anymore, tbh. It was going to happen eventually anyway. I'm going into hibernation mode while he has his prolonged feud with the Authority where he'll no doubt garner at least three more title losses and wins before WM. Wake me up when Rollins comes back next year.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Michael Cole should seriously be fired from wrestling for life.
    michael cole is being "VINTAGE MICHAEL COLE!!!!"
    i've never liked the guy.

edit: i cannot believe tommy dreamer is still on the roster.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Roman is champ, guess it had to happen sometime. I just don't understand all the cheers he gets. I find him very unlikeable.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I figure they wanted to get out of the way. They've been wanting to do it forever at this point. They probably figured that after his thing with Triple H, now was the time. Not sure on how long he holds it for. Part of me thinks it's a test. He's over atm. Can he stay over though? Can he be booked consistently to keep him over? He had both Triple H and Vince McMahon personally put him over. If he can't stay over he's done. He has A LOT to prove now.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Did not watch RAW, i just found out, it was a logical step, now that the feud bombed i guess it will be either Owens or maybe Rusev as top heels, i can also see Brock Lesnar vs Reigns rematch (maybe at WM).

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Best raw they've done in a long time. Probably won't follow it up for a long time either. Sheamus just fell flat. No matter what they do, he can't get over. Reigns is over, atm. That may or may not last. Seems like we'll get a trips/Reigns match soon too. Maybe rumble.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Raw overall last night was definitely a step up, the extreme rules match was fun, the main event was not bad too....despite the outcome, it was nice to see some blood on Raw.

But once again with the little things that piss me off. Why would Team Bad buy tickets to the show? The most expensive ones at that, when they could have easily just walked down the ramp and sat at commentary? Don't they work there? Fuckin annoying.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    People forget about Sheamus because he fucking sucks. His character is shit, no matter what the alignment, and he's never done anything to get over with the crowd. He's handed title reigns and does nothing with them besides his usual "FELLA" bullshit. He's briefly interesting with a turn or gimmick change (see: coming back as a heel this year, this League of Nations shit) and then he goes right back to being the same stupid worthless fuck he's always been. The briefcase was wasted on him and so was the title. Give me Reigns. I'll take him over Sheamus any damn day of the week.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I can take Reigns as champ as it's a way better option than fucking Tater Nuts.... still, he's got a lot of work to do. I'd maintain his badass mentality and get him to win over the people slowly. Yet, we all know WWE is going to fuck it up and he'll end up being Diesel 2.0.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I don't know, i agree that Sheamus is bland and his reign was worthless but i'm not sure if i like Reigns better, Sheamus at least tries in the mic (fails), Reigns can't talk, he really can't.

The think that makes me dislike Reigns the most is the fact that he still doesn't have a character, he still uses the Shield music, outfit, entrance, etc... I know his title reign was bound to happen but i can't see him as a long term champ with that gimmick.
    Even Cena had evolved his character when he first became champ; i hope people buy "Super Reigns", because i can easily see crowds turning on him just like it happened with Cena.

Also: "NXT: Takeover London" is Today, yay!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    People will eventually turn on him. Creative will eventually fail him. There's no way they can consistently book him as good as they did this week. He still lacks charisma. And I don't know if he can really improve that. I don't think he has it in him. He's good in the ring though. But, on the mic, he's going to always have to be protected. When it comes to charisma, he doesn't have "it". Wish they would build up more than just him. If there were more top guys there probably be less of an issue.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Didn't get to see NXT cause I was at wrestling practice, so I'll comment on that later

but we learned Leg drops and knee drops. I had some trouble with leg drops, i kept leaning back on my bump, I blame that on my herniated disc issue..hope I can fix it. But I nailed the knee drop first try. (it kinda helps when it's part of a trademark combo when I backyarded haha!)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Didn't get to see NXT cause I was at wrestling practice, so I'll comment on that later

but we learned Leg drops and knee drops. I had some trouble with leg drops, i kept leaning back on my bump, I blame that on my herniated disc issue..hope I can fix it. But I nailed the knee drop first try. (it kinda helps when it's part of a trademark combo when I backyarded haha!)
    Oh, are you going to do the knee-drop, Ric Flair-style?