Page 243 of 486 FirstFirst ... 143 193 233 241 242 243 244 245 253 293 343 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,290 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    What we used to refer to as "X-Pac heat" can now be rightfully replaced with "Eva heat." They're not booing you because of your character. You're being booed because they do not like you. Triple H deserved this treatment but unfortunately never really got it. Many fans still respected him despite his lethargic roids guy in ring performances (post 2001), his burial of anyone he perceived as a threat to him (Kane, Booker T, RVD, Jericho, etc), his terrible promos, and most importantly, his Hulk Hogan like but much worse abuse of political power.
    Last edited by Swykk; 11-19-2015 at 10:01 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The thing about Eva Marie (and we've discussed this before) is that the massive heat she's getting is actually becoming positive for the WWE, she's becoming this monster heel NOT because her skill, but rather because her lack of it...
    You can say what you want about Piper, Heel (NWO) Hogan, Ric Flair, Jerry Lawler in ECW all of them held some credibility because they had some talent (either in ring, mic or charisma), but the "Eva Marie phenomenon" is purely incidental; she's a "happy accident".
    This worries me because this will only end up in the WWE hiring more untalented "lookers" like most of the losers from "Though Enough" or annoying reality stars like The Miz o The Bellas, yesterday the "Sport" died a bit more to make room for the "Entertainment"

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think they're slowly getting away from the entertainment though. Eva is pretty much the opposite of where the divas division is going. I think those days where pretty faces with little to average talent is coming to an end (for now at least).

And, I totally agree with what you said about eva. Why not capitalize it? Heels are supposed to be hated, right? Her gimmick just happens to be be untalented and oblivious. It works. No way she's beating Bayley. It'll definitely lead to something though. Probably Nia Jax.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I can also see Eva defeating Bayley and defending the title against Kana, can you imagine the positive reaction Kana (a legit technical wrestler) will get when defeating the hated and untalented Eva?, not trying to sound like a fanboy but i would book that match in an instant...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    But the point of heels getting heat is to want to see them get their comeuppance.

Eva Marie's heat is literally "We DON'T want to see you wrestle, go away"

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    If Eva won the belt. Anyone who would it from her would get a huge pop, probably. I see Eva only being someone to push whatever storyline going forward. I'm thinking Bayley/Jax in London with Jax possibly winning it. Eva is not winning it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I try to stay away from NXT spoilers but I'm super excited if the guy who is at Full Sail today actually wrestles on NXT.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I try to stay away from NXT spoilers but I'm super excited if the guy who is at Full Sail today actually wrestles on NXT.
    Hmmm. I avoid spoilers like the plague. I knew about Storm though. Wrestlezone spoiled it in their headline I think.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Those guys at Wrestlezone are a bunch of sheep. I can't take them seriously for anything they say these days.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    A lot of clickbait. That's the Internet though. You can only trust these sites so much. Wrestlezone is pretty bad though. But, they all are, imo.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...nn-wwe-future/

Anyone see this? Maybe Vince's bad decisions are catching up?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I think the show was in Kentucky, wasn't there some bad weather or something that may have kept people from attending?

You know, regarding the Paige/Charlotte thing, 5 years ago I'd probably be fuming mad about it (and Dave Meltzer fired off a pretty good rant about it this week). But now, that I'm not really watching much these days? It just disappoints me but doesn't surprise me either. It's garbage television that maybe worked 15 years ago but not today, and as a result there are a lot of hurt feelings from people who didn't deserve it.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 11-19-2015 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It was very attitude era. Problem is with the execution. Clearly, Charlotte wasn't comfortable with it. The segment fell apart because of it, imo. There was one point where they just stared at each other like someone forgot what they were supposed to say. If it were executed better, it probably could've been great. But, Charlotte was clearly uncomfortable. No one's fault but creative.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm all for ballsy TV, and if they would have had the go-ahead from the whole Flair clan I think it would have been a cool segment, but it made the whole thing pretty douchey that they didnt. Kind of like back in 98 I think, when they had Hawk from LOD do the whole drug addict, suicide, jumping off the tron angle. Evidently he wasn't comfortable with it at all.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I guess as a courtesy, I would've run it by flair. My guess, though, is that they presented the idea to Charlotte, and she agreed on the pretense that she couldn't say no. Just a guess. If she legit had a problem with it, I'm sure they could've scrapped it. Then again, maybe not. Who knows? It fell apart before it even began.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I should point out the angle was the main event of Raw. That might have made it so Charlotte wouldn't have wanted to say no. If it was a throwaway segment in the middle of the show it probably wouldn't have been worth it for her.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I've been reading a lot about whose idea it was. At the end of the day, we all know Vince has final say so it's really his fault. He and Kevin Dunn needs to go.

Oh, and *SPOILERS*

Bayley... thank goodness, is still the NXT Women's Champion but will be feuding with Nia Jax.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...nn-wwe-future/

Anyone see this? Maybe Vince's bad decisions are catching up?
    Weather was VERY shitty here in Tennessee that night. Not surprised that no one showed up in Knoxville.

ROH (and my best friend, who does camera work and stuff for them) will be here in Nashville tomorrow night. Very excited to meet Jerry Lynn and see Briscoes vs. Young Bucks

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I love the Young Bucks. They're fun to watch.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    YB are the best tag team in wrestling. There's no argument.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifey View Post
    Weather was VERY shitty here in Tennessee that night. Not surprised that no one showed up in Knoxville.
    That's what I thought. I'd like to know what their live events are drawing lately. The last time they were here it was really piss-poor attendance-wise.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I don't think it was that big of a deal bringing Reid Flair's death in the feud, they used to do it all the time (Orton saying to Rey that Eddie was in Hell, CM Punk's father, etc...), it's tasteless yes, but it also makes the feuds seem more personal, i don't know how bothered was Charlotte with it, but if they want to make their "Divas revolution" matter they gotta make big moves like this one (or making them close RAW, just like they did).

It doesn't always translate in great TV but at least it's a change from the whole "Oh god i hate that you are champ and i want to be champ so give me the title" storylines.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    People are too PC these days. They did far worse stuff than this, back in the day. It made me more interested in the divas match. So, it did what it was supposed to do. People are still talking about it, which is still a plus. My only problem was how uncomfortable and forced it was, not idea. If Charlotte didn't break down, the segment could easily have been a classic, imo.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Katie Vick.

Lita's Pregnancy.

Vince Drugging Linda.

Simon Dean.

WWE has done FAR worse in the past.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Fat Matt View Post
    Katie Vick.

Lita's Pregnancy.

Vince Drugging Linda.

Simon Dean.

WWE has done FAR worse in the past.
    Exactly. Let's not forget that Vince suggested an incest angle with his own daughter. Ew....

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Exactly. Let's not forget that Vince suggested an incest angle with his own daughter. Ew....
    Big Boss Man at Big Shows dad's funeral...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Wasn't that when he drug the coffin away from the funeral with his cop car? Oh man, I forgot about that one! That shit was hilarious.

I agree that people shouldn't get in a PC uproar over this kind of stuff. If you're offended, turn it off. It's simple enough. I thought it was great that they actually did something edgy again, but they should have had the blessing of the people closest to the situation before they moved forward with it, though.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    That shit was hilarious. Boss Man during that period was the best heel at that time. First, he feuded with Al Snow. Kidnap Snow's dog Pepper, and then fed Snow Pepper Steak which was that he killed Pepper and turned him into food. Then he goes after the Big Chode. Makes fun of Big Chode's dying father. Then hires a cop to tell Chode that his dad died and then it really happens where Boss Man read his sympathy card. Then the funeral and afterwards, he makes Chode's mama tell him that Chode is a bastard.

Those were the days. Fuck those PC people. I quote what Jimmy said to PC Principal in the most recent episode of South Park... s-s-s-suck my dick.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Pepper was classic.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    or the faaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr worst:

OWEN HART

A GUN CRAZED BRIAN PILLMAN

or how about the "secret" (kayfabe or not)

A GUN CRAZED ULTIMATE WARRIOR IN VINCE'S OFFICE SECONDS BEFORE GORILLA POSITION (or his fake WCW counterpart "renegade" who committed suicide)

JIM ROSS

MONTREAL SCREW JOB (the day kayfabe died)

"HE WHO SHOULD NOT BE NAMED"

IRON SHIEK

the list goes on and on and on...

fuck vince