Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Underneath It All: A Nine Inch Nails Podcast

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhet View Post
    I grew up in Ephrata..looks like we both successfully escaped!
    You escaped to London, though? You win.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    You escaped to London, though? You win.
    Hah! I got lucky.

i'll stop threadjacking now.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I finally listened to the 2nd and third one yesterday and I really enjoyed it. It's got some funny bits as well as some very informative stuff from a fan's perspective. Can't wait for the 4th episode.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Thanks for listening! Remember you can subscribe on iTunes now and never miss another episode. Plans for episode 4 (and maybe a bonus segment) are underway.

Oh! And if you've been to any shows on the Tension tour, send a text or audio review to nincast@live.com, and we may read or play your review on the show!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    As @Toadflax said the show is now available on iTunes. Episode 4 is due out next week and we will be discussing Broken/Fixed this time around. Thanks for listening and please review/rate the show if you have a minute. Thanks again and don't forget you can also listen for free on www.underneathitall.org or www.soundcloud.com/ninpodcast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    what happened to episode 4?
    Seriously you guys doing this are champions. This is the sort of conversation/podcast I need but unfortunately none of my friends (or indeed my brother who introduced me to NIN in a way) find the sort of depth of discussion I want about NIN to be not AT ALL interesting.
    Philistines!
    Please keep up the good work, I will continue refreshing the podcast on my iphone every fucking day!!!
    Last edited by jubilee; 10-27-2013 at 09:59 AM. Reason: "not"

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Episode 4 has been recorded and is currently being edited! It will be up... soon.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jubilee View Post
    what happened to episode 4?
    just edited it today! i'm currently listening to it as it bounces out of protools, and i think jeff is planning on putting it up this weekend.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Put on your elbow length black leather gloves, your dirtiest tanktop shorts and combat boots.. it's time to discuss Broken & Fixed on this episode of Underneath It All.

Episode Four is now available on www.underneathitall.org - iTunes - SoundCloud

Please rate/review on iTunes! We are always looking for new episode ideas so leave them in this thread or go here to directly contact the show. Thanks and enjoy!

Last edited by OSLIN; 10-31-2013 at 07:03 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Follow us on Facebook & Twitter to make sure you find out what surprises are coming up in the next few weeks!

Also, visit the official site www.underneathitall.org to listen/download all previous episodes for free.

We are also on iTunes now, so subscribe and leave a review (we love feedback).

Thanks for listening!!!
    Last edited by OSLIN; 04-12-2022 at 12:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Love the podcast

I found the podcast on iTunes a couple of weeks ago and am trying to catch up to the newest show. Your podcast is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I am having trouble getting through them in a timely fashion though. I am constantly finding myself stopping the show to go look up a video or listen to a song. One of you will say something and I'm like "oh yeah that is an awesome song I should listen to that right now" or "wow I forgot about that video I must watch it right now". Me and my short attention span.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethelkarma View Post
    I found the podcast on iTunes a couple of weeks ago and am trying to catch up to the newest show. Your podcast is quickly becoming one of my favorites. I am having trouble getting through them in a timely fashion though. I am constantly finding myself stopping the show to go look up a video or listen to a song. One of you will say something and I'm like "oh yeah that is an awesome song I should listen to that right now" or "wow I forgot about that video I must watch it right now". Me and my short attention span.
    Thanks for the kind words! We'll take your short attention span as a compliment, too. If we can make you excited to go listen to Nine Inch Nails, then we're doing something right.

Where do we go from here? Episode Five. Consider this: we mix things up a bit. That's all the skinny I can share right now.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Episode Five: Surprise: An Interview with Richard Patrick

Richard Patrick (Filter) discusses his early career with Nine Inch Nails, his latest album The Sun Comes Out Tonight and why he creates music with host Karen Mead (@karenleslie of ETS).
    Audio/Editing:
    Maxwell Shults (@eversonpoe of ETS)

www.underneathitall.org

Now Available on
    iTunes

Last edited by OSLIN; 11-05-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    i've only gotten a chance to listen to half of it so far (so maybe its explained in the podcast) but i'd love to know how the interview with richard patrick came about. great stuff!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhet View Post
    i've only gotten a chance to listen to half of it so far (so maybe its explained in the podcast) but i'd love to know how the interview with richard patrick came about. great stuff!
    Apparently, making a website and recording yourselves rambling is all it takes for the pros to take you seriously. Well, that and some very fine finessing from @OSLIN , who has done an amazing job at reaching out to people, people's people, etc. We might even have another surprise on the way, though I will artfully dodge any specifics...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    @rhet
    I used my powers of persuasion and my short shorts. The rest is history.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSLIN View Post
    @rhet
    I used my powers of persuasion and my short shorts. The rest is history.
    That's how Trent did it back in 89, after all.

Gonna listen tonight. You guys still taking guests to talk about future albums, or have you gotten too big for that now?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    That's how Trent did it back in 89, after all.

Gonna listen tonight. You guys still taking guests to talk about future albums, or have you gotten too big for that now?
    we're always open to other contributors in the conversation, but no one else has been available when we've done our group discussions.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I've been kind of wanting to hop on for With Teeth and anything after. I should probably PM you or @OSLIN about it instead of posting in here, though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Nice work, guys. Karen, you did a fantastic job of drawing information out of Richard and getting out of the way while he told some great stories. I'll certainly never look at "Piggy" the same way again. Prior to this, my opinion of the guy came from that Industrial Uprising documentary. Based on that, I thought he'd over-valued his contribution to the band and that it was sad how he was holding on to his idealized memories of what happened. After hearing his side of that interview and hearing how he actually discussed things in a long-form interview, I can see I was wrong. He seems like a good dude. So, yeah, thanks for that.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    That was a great interview. I thought Rich was funny. Especially the story about getting the credit for a song but not the publishing. Malm was a dick. I like Richard Patrick and he's a cool dude. I'm glad things w/ him and Trent are cool. I would love to be a fly on the wall on the day Rich accidentally Trent's speakers.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    Nice work, guys. Karen, you did a fantastic job of drawing information out of Richard and getting out of the way while he told some great stories. I'll certainly never look at "Piggy" the same way again. Prior to this, my opinion of the guy came from that Industrial Uprising documentary. Based on that, I thought he'd over-valued his contribution to the band and that it was sad how he was holding on to his idealized memories of what happened. After hearing his side of that interview and hearing how he actually discussed things in a long-form interview, I can see I was wrong. He seems like a good dude. So, yeah, thanks for that.
    Thanks. I felt bad hearing about what happened to Patrick and Vrenna with that documentary; sounds like they told them both "we want to talk to you about your music!" and then blindsided them by only asking NIN questions. "Dick move" doesn't even begin to cover it. If nothing else, I'm glad that info is out there now so NIN fans will know not to buy that documentary (not that it's exactly burning up the charts in the first place.)

Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99
    Especially the story about getting the credit for a song but not the publishing. Malm was a dick.
    Maybe I'm just being a Reznor-apologist, but I think most of Richard Patrick being treated so badly during that period was probably John Malm's fault. I imagine Trent was busy recording TDS and wasn't really paying much attention, even though he should have been.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    That was a great interview. I thought Rich was funny. Especially the story about getting the credit for a song but not the publishing. Malm was a dick. I like Richard Patrick and he's a cool dude. I'm glad things w/ him and Trent are cool. I would love to be a fly on the wall on the day Rich accidentally Trent's speakers.
    Rich accidentally the WHOLE speaker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are there any updates you can give us about episode 6? I love the podcast and I'm eagerly awaiting whatever subject the next episode is about... TDS, maybe?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Episode 6 will be a discussion of the Tension 2013 tour. Halo 8 will be discussed in episode 8...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Episode 7? We will just have to wait and see...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds great! Thanks guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Next Episode

So excited that the next podcast will be a discussion of Tension 2013. It was an awesome tour, I wish I could see it again and again. I hope there will be an official tour video released. It totally blew me away and I can't wait to hear what you thought of it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Edited episode 6 today. Took me way less time than usual, which was nice! Hope you all enjoy it when it goes up (tomorrow?)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Episode Six - Releasing Tension is now available on iTunes and www.underneathitall.org!

UIA discuss NIN's Tension Tour, TV appearances and what the future may hold. Please upvote on nin reddit too! http://redd.it/1s5rpl

Enjoy!

Last edited by OSLIN; 12-05-2013 at 08:02 AM.