Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigur Ros - Jonsi and Alex - Jonsi

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The best thing to come out of that AMA is that they're working on getting Heima to Blu-Ray. FINALLY!!
    That sample of the new song sounds incredible. So dark and, dare I say, industrial.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    So Tim Hecker is opening for the US Shows ! Wow : )

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I hope we get another record this year AND they come to St. Louis again finally. I won't be able to make either the Chicago or Kansas City show sadly and I've been wanting to see Sigur Ros live finally.

I did see Jonsi in St. Louis and Chicago in 2010 when he was doing his "Go" solo tour, even took my Mom with me both times and she's really into his music now because of that incredible show. Without a doubt, one of the best live shows I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    So Tim Hecker is opening for the US Shows ! Wow : )
    Sounds likes it's only on a handful of east coast dates

Oneohtrix Point Never is playing the SF date. That won't be a bad opener though. Why can't it be both of them and maybe they can do a collab set too from last years album?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I'm actually pretty disappointed that Tim Hecker isn't doing the KC date. Is Oneohtrix any good live?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wow, looking very cool.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Vancouver - May 27 - Deer Lake Park

Oh hell yes.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Since when are they coming to Kansas City at the Starlight on April 4th???? Fuck, there's no way I can get tickets before the show.

Hey, richardp , wanna snag a ticket for me and I can meet ya the day of the show? Ehh? ;D

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Since when are they coming to Kansas City at the Starlight on April 4th???? Fuck, there's no way I can get tickets before the show.

Hey, richardp , wanna snag a ticket for me and I can meet ya the day of the show? Ehh? ;D
    Dude I can't believe you missed all the promos for this around here! I'm pretty sure this sold out like two or three months ago!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Fuck! I haven't seen a single promo until earlier today, just some random ad on Facebook saying "Want a chance to win tickets to Sigur Ros at the Starlight?" HELL YES I DO.

Are you sure they sold out? I went through part of the ticket ordering process to see what seats were still available, and the closest I got was orchestra row E. If there's aaanything left by payday, I'm buying it up. I don't care if they're lawn seats. The Starlight's a decent-sized place.

Did you get tickets?? If so, have an awesome time.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Fuck! I haven't seen a single promo until earlier today, just some random ad on Facebook saying "Want a chance to win tickets to Sigur Ros at the Starlight?" HELL YES I DO.

Are you sure they sold out? I went through part of the ticket ordering process to see what seats were still available, and the closest I got was orchestra row E. If there's aaanything left by payday, I'm buying it up. I don't care if they're lawn seats. The Starlight's a decent-sized place.

Did you get tickets?? If so, have an awesome time.
    Oh cool, they may have opened up more seats. Hopefully you can get a ticket on the day of the show! It's going to be great!

And on that note, the new EP is being sent out tomorrow. Ridiculously excited to hear these new tracks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    album - http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/kveikur/
    ep - http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/brennisteinn/

new song/video

there's a load of new tour dates on the site too.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Incredibly epic and beautiful video/song. I'm so jealous of you guys that get to see them this year!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    When are they sending out the 3 song EP!? I'm avoiding watching the video because I want to hear the song with the other 2 tracks.

Oh and I love love love the new album cover. I think the fact that it looks nothing like Sigur Ros' typical artwork indicated that this really is a whole new era of the band. Unbelievably excited about it.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    When are they sending out the 3 song EP!? I'm avoiding watching the video because I want to hear the song with the other 2 tracks.

Oh and I love love love the new album cover. I think the fact that it looks nothing like Sigur Ros' typical artwork indicated that this really is a whole new era of the band. Unbelievably excited about it.
    I got the new EP today, I'll hook you up with a link if you want.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    I got the new EP today, I'll hook you up with a link if you want.
    Shit, that'd be great. I'll pm you my email. I wonder why I never got the EP, I bought my tickets through Sigur Ros' website.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah that's weird, mine was waiting for me when I woke up.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    On Sigur Ros' tour page, it seems the Kansas City date is the only show not to receive the 3 song EP, for some reason. It's the only date without an asterisk next to it. I wonder why KC didn't get the EP?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    ^ Sweeeet.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    God this album is going to be fantastic. It's strange yet exciting to see Sigur Ros somewhat... modernizing...(?) themselves now that Kjartan left.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    these two songs sound really really good! was a bit let down by valtari, sure a nice album, but I missed the catchy moments of the other albums.

strangely, the new songs remind me most of hún jörð off the "von" album which was also done without kjartan. btw, hún jörð is featured in a recent trailer for game of thrones:

Last edited by Dr.Z; 03-23-2013 at 07:50 PM. Reason: moved the position of the video

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The new Sigur Ros is great. I hope it's a major improvement over the last album, didn't do much for me at all.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    the show last night in NYC was superb. i haven't listened to the band since 2003 or so, but it was great to finally see them live. lots of new and old material, and the new songs were some of the best of the night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The new album is really shaping up well...
    Last edited by [Shep]; 04-25-2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: video embed

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm a little disappointed that they canceled plans for a limited edition release -- I'd been holding out on the preorder for that. Oh well.

I caught them live for the first time in Chicago earlier this month, and I was absolutely blown away. The new songs were killer, Kveikur itself in particular. So glad I was able to make it this time.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This song is so good. Kveikur has so much potential to be my favorite album of the year.

Oh and they said they canceled the deluxe edition in favor of an expanded vinyl edition with a bonus 10". But I'm guessing that 10" will just be the two instrumental tracks from the Brennisteinn EP, and it'll probably play from the inside out.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm so bummed I had to miss them when they were here last week. Just couldn't scrounge up the money. I'm really excited for this new album though. Their last 2 didn't really do much for me (I enjoyed the Riceboy Sleeps and Jonsi solo stuff though). These new songs are great.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Don't worry, if they did this big of a tour BEFORE the album came out, I really think they'll come back around early next year for another round of dates after the album has come out.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Don't worry, if they did this big of a tour BEFORE the album came out, I really think they'll come back around early next year for another round of dates after the album has come out.
    That's what I was hoping for! Fingers crossed!