I’ve been blessed with social anxiety. I’ve had it for a few years now but only finally got help 4 months ago. I’m on Paxil now - 20mg and even that hits me hard sometimes. My stamina is shot and I get tired so easily but it’s better then been afraid to leave the house. It’s better than throwing up thinking about something that makes me uncomfortable. It’s better then breaking into cold sweats whenever I get a phone call from anyone. It’s better than shutting myself at home almost every day of the year when I wasn’t at work.. It’s better then having sleepless nights endlessly worrying about stuff that I shouldn’t be worried about. The catalyst for me to get help was at my uncles birthday where I got absolutely wasted. Prior to that I had been drinking to cope with social situations and family gatherings but I sort of had a moment of clarity the next morning - if I can’t be comfortable around my own family, what else is left? So yeah on meds now it’s helped a lot. I’ve been doing stuff a year ago I wouldn’t dream of doing. My family and friends have been incredibly supportive and every now and then I still have bad days but I’m not afraid of everything anymore.