Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Wilson catch-all thread (Porcupine Tree, No-Man, Blackfield, Bass Communion)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurish View Post
    Also a question about collaborating with Trent Reznor there. Might be worth posting about it to NIN Spotting if someone sees it worth while.
    That might have been asked in the previous Q&A. I feel like the most compatible thing they could do together is Trent doing some remixes or electronics on a Bass Communion album, or SW doing some NIN mixes.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 07-29-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Apparently the album leaked? I'm not home so I can't confirm myself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can confirm that it did a couple of days ago.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Heard it. The album's great. Crisis averted.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news...days_rock.html

someone posted this article in the dillinger compound (the dillinger escape plan group on facebook) and SO MANY PEOPLE are trashing steven wilson and just being total fucking pricks. really trying hard to resist the urge to engage.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I've actually seen similar reactions to it on one of the prog rock FB pages I'm on too. Not so much trashing him, but coming more from a dad-rock perspective, which has certainly caused a bit of eye-rolling from me. I'm admittedly not as well-versed in modern music to make enough of a judgment on what he's saying here.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's not at all like people were making it out to be. It's about as pop as blackfield. There some legit pop moments (permanating). But it's more a mix of PT/Blackfield. There's even some talking heads-like stuff in there. It's good.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It's half of a really good album. The jury is still out mostly on the other half. I will say that "People Who Eat Darkness" immediately didn't sit right with me. Him trying to do something like a punk song is just wrong.

I feel like his intentions are good, but maybe at the expense of what made his earlier records more exciting. Maybe it's a fresh slate, and that what will come after will build upon that into a more interesting direction.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I think it's great top to bottom. The only one I'm not super into is Blank Tapes.

Extra songs from the bonus disc are also great. Very PTish, though. Then again, so is Asylum, and that made it on.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm retarded... :-) I had this on Google Play pre-order, today I was like "shouldn't this be out already...?" - indeed, except in the meantime I cancelled payment card I had linked on Google, silly! OK, downloaded from Play, also Blu-Ray ordered on Universal (I wish there was official 96/24 download), and here comes the first listen, yay! (Just noticed the last time I used Universal was universalmusic.co.uk for Disintegration reissue, funny that site doesn't exist anymore, so new account it is.) Reviewers on Amazon.co.uk are praising Detonation and 5.1, looking forward to it. Also, there are instrumental versions on the BluRay, so I can dream about Pariah karaoke duet on next company party and falling in love and... stuff... you know, emotional deprivation. OK, shut up and listen now.
    Last edited by Substance242; 08-20-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This album is charting too well for an obscure prog God.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    This album is charting too well for an obscure prog God.
    Yeah, number 5 on Amazon's Best selling digital albums list right now. Checked it yesterday it was at number 1.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I liked the album a lot, it's no "Grace for Drowning"; but it's damn good "prog-pop".

I like the new direction and respect him for taking a risk with his sound, maybe not 4 albums, but i don't mind another one like this, his current sound reminds me a lot to Peter Gabriel.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Looks like he did an impromptu Q&A on his Facebook today

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Porcupine Tree's Stupid Dream, Lightbulb Sun, Recordings, In Absentia and Deadwing are all back on Spotify. The really good news is that the last two are now owned by KScope, which means Steven can finally get to remix them the way he wants to now.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Porcupine Tree's Stupid Dream, Lightbulb Sun, Recordings, In Absentia and Deadwing are all back on Spotify. The really good news is that the last two are now owned by KScope, which means Steven can finally get to remix them the way he wants to now.
    That's the best thing I've heard this week. Reissues! Finally!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    How soon that happens is another issue. He seems particularly swamped getting this tour together and doing what promotion he can.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I don't care how long it takes, i want a deluxe edition for "Deadwing"

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Debuted on Billboard at #58.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    RE: IA and DW reissues, keep in mind Steven has already done the work. He just has to get the issue resolved with Atlantic before he can move forward with releasing his new mixes/masterings (or "unmasterings" to be more precise). Hopefully they see the light of day.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    listening to the new album in 5.1, and i went into it with no expectations of it sounding like his last couple albums, so i'm enjoying it quite a lot, so far. it's definitely more poppy (which i don't usually like out of SW, i prefer him dark, brooding, and experimental) but it's still pretty fucking good.

my only complaint is that the blu-ray that i ordered directly from the SW US store didn't come with a download code (e-mailed or in the case), which is pretty disappointing :/ wouldn't complain if someone wanted to help me fix that