Thread: The Homebody Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

The Homebody Thread

I just thought of making this thread because it is far too easy to find/get advice on how to survive with contacts, networks, friends, and family, but what if you really had nobody but yourself? Then what? I'm sure some of you might've lived that way before, or are living it now. What advice would you have? I asked people in real life, but I couldn't seem to get any answers, and just about all of them found the thought far too disturbing even if it was financially feasible for them to sustain themselves. I only met perhaps one hermit in my entire life that gave me advice as she was actually experienced in being one.

She just told me how she did her best to not be indebted to anybody, and not have anybody be indebted to her, but as an end result she ended up burning many bridges whether she liked it or not. She also told me that she wanted to be with somebody she could look up to, and not after. (However, she ended up finding no one, and none of her previous relationships lasted that long.)

@marodi - I also wondered how you do it. I'm actually very impressed, but I can see why it's not exactly flowers and sunshine at all times. It also seems like this would be my life in the long-run, and the only two factors that would actually prevent me from being completely miserable or empty about it would be the fact that at least it's not homelessness or prison. So... for those of you that have lived it, or are living it, just how did you do it?

-Edit-

This topic used to be called The Asocial Survival Kit.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-19-2014 at 02:47 PM.