Page 27 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Thanks guys
    Yeah, she's with my father and his wife right now, and I've been with them the last few days because due to his cancer, my dad is quickly exhausted. That way, he could go get some rest, and my grandmother wouldn't be alone.
    And Sunday we'll celebrate my brother's birthday, so the whole family will be gathered around her. I know it might feel weird to celebrate a birthday in times like these, but my dad and I decided that making it it any heavier than it already is would be pointless, and called it a "funeral with cake".
    I wasn't really close to my great-aunt, she was a familiar figure when I was a little kid, but the kind that exists outside your bubble universe. And my uncle was a weird guy, we never were really close.
    Honestly I'm not feeling much grief, or loss. It's sad, but it doesn't make me sad. I'm just so sorry for my cousin and my grandmother, seeing them in such pain is really difficult right now.
    And there's this whole feeling of impeding doom, wondering if there's anyone left on the list. We still don't know if my dad will make it out of his cancer, and my grandmother, who's 90 and has a fragile heart, has taken a huge, visible hit those last few days... I just can't shake this awful feeling that the scything's not quite over yet.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    @allegro thank you so much for your words of encouragement it really means a lot to me, you are one of the true gems of this board
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    @allegro thank you so much for your words of encouragement it really means a lot to me, you are one of the true gems of this board
    -Louie
    Aw, geez, thanks, man, I appreciate that. I really feel for what you're going through right now, that's a rough ride, but you have a great attitude that's really awesome and I hope your ride gets easier as you go. You are in my thoughts and I'm sending more positive harmonious vibes. :-)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Grandfather passed away this afternoon at 86.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I'm sorry :'(

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I posted over a year ago in here about how my aunt had been diagnosed with cancer and been given two months left. She beat the odds until this afternoon. It's so surreal.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I posted over a year ago in here about how my aunt had been diagnosed with cancer and been given two months left. She beat the odds until this afternoon. It's so surreal.
    Sending hugs to both of you.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    My condolences to you both, @Ryan and @slave2thewage .

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Thanks guys.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That theatre shooting on the news? My town. About five minutes away. I even worked there at one point. Fucking crazy. Shootings are starting to become a thing here...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Spent almost all of Thursday in A&E with my Dad after he took ill in the morning, luckily all tests were clear and discharged same day. Have to go with him to his Dr this week, just worrying same thing will happen again.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    One of our cats didn't come home last night and then I just found out that my father found her yesterday and she's buried already. I hope whoever hit her has their children die in a chip pan fire, to be honest. She was the sweetest little thing ever.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    One of our cats didn't come home last night and then I just found out that my father found her yesterday and she's buried already. I hope whoever hit her has their children die in a chip pan fire, to be honest. She was the sweetest little thing ever.
    oh, sweetie, i'm so sorry

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    *hugs*

I'm so sorry for your loss. A lifetime of bad karma to the one who did this.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    So sorry about your kitty, my condolences.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    *HUGS* So, so sorry.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I guess this is the best place to post this; I don't see where else it could fit.

The mom of a close friend of mine is close to death because of cancer (fuck you, cancer). My friend, who is about 20 years older than I am has never accompanied someone who is dying; she's never seen anyone taking their last breath and she is terrified to the point of not wanting to be there when her mom passes. I understand that completely. No one reacts the same when facing death. So I've offered to go stay with her mom tomorrow (if she's still with us) so she (my friend) can go with her brother who is scheduled for eye surgery (her brother has some mental problems and cannot go by himself). No one in my friend's family has offered to go sit with her mom even though she has a lot of cousins. I think it's terribly sad that she cannot count on her own family for this (she could asked them to go but they all know their aunt is going to die soon and they should at least ask if they can help in any way).

I've known her mother for a good 20 years now and she's a great lady. Although she's not conscious anymore, maybe she feels her daughter's fear and maybe it's keeping her here. I wouldn't be surprised if she were to pass when I'm with her. I have accompanied 4 of my own family members when they died and I don't fear it for her. I know it will be peaceful and that it will be a relief for her. I'm heartbroken for my friend because no matter how old you are, losing a parent is difficult.

So yeah, fuck you cancer for once again taking away someone I care for and for making them suffer.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    You're a good friend @marodi . My father in law had cancer and I sat with him when he was dying in hospice. It is very peaceful, but very uncomfortable too. I didn't like looking at him because he had changed so much physically, I was afraid that's the only way I'd remember him. Of course that didn't happen. I remember all his personality, not just his last days. Probably going to make it easier to take care of other old folk in my life.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    broke up with a girl. feel terrible. i can hardly eat. slowly getting my shit back together. it hurts. so much.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Went to the doc for one thing, found out I have ringworm.. meh...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Went to the doc for one thing, found out I have ringworm.. meh...
    You're lucky you did! That shit is extremely contagious and you can spread it through touch. Jumps from animals to humans, too. Easily treated, though, and shouldn't take longer than two weeks to clear up. How big of an area?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    You're lucky you did! That shit is extremely contagious and you can spread it through touch. Jumps from animals to humans, too. Easily treated, though, and shouldn't take longer than two weeks to clear up. How big of an area?
    Honestly had no idea I had it. I was there on a follow up for something else. Have it on my neck. Someone thought it was a hickey. So I figured "I have this thing and it hasn't gone away". Took two doctors to tell me that. I thought it was from shaving. I've probably had it for about a month. Complete fluke that we caught it. The doc sure didn't notice it.
    Not until I figured that maybe I should ask. The cream for it was ridiculously expensive too (40 bucks!).

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Didn't go to work today, there was a shitload of traffic, plus i didn't felt like it, i know it was irresponsible but i actually looked for my mental health, funny, i think i'm a bit depressed...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Honestly had no idea I had it. I was there on a follow up for something else. Have it on my neck. Someone thought it was a hickey. So I figured "I have this thing and it hasn't gone away". Took two doctors to tell me that. I thought it was from shaving. I've probably had it for about a month. Complete fluke that we caught it. The doc sure didn't notice it.
    Not until I figured that maybe I should ask. The cream for it was ridiculously expensive too (40 bucks!).
    Yeah, I remember the cream being expensive. I picked it up a loooooooooooong time ago when I was volunteering at a kennel. Since it was on your neck, you probably didn't spread it anywhere. But if you've been rubbing up against anyone with your neck, make sure you tell them.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's on my back as well... luckily, just a few parts

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    A storm came through Long Island on Thursday and completely trashed all of my pools causing me to service almost 15 of them in one day... in the rain.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wife just said out of nowhere that she wants to divorce. Crazy right?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Damn, that is fucked up. You weren't picking up on any red flags at all??

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Bastard View Post
    Wife just said out of nowhere that she wants to divorce. Crazy right?
    If it truly came out of nowhere, that's fucked up. She didn't give reasons?

It's none of my business, but I would be... suspicious.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    anyone know if there's a way to retrieve voice mail messages that you've just deleted?
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-13-2015 at 02:26 PM.