Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    My cousin died.
    I didnt get the job I had been pretty much promised
    and Some other stuff too personal to talk about on the internet happened.

People disgust me. and This changes everything.

Today might be the worst day of 2K13

so far.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

How fucked was your day?

^^^ sorry dude.

Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I think that's an excellent idea, and it doesn't need to be outrageously expensive. If you only need it for calls and mostly e-mail, you can go through Straight Talk and spend $45 a month for about 2G of data and unlimited calls. You can buy iPhones through WalMart, starting for $450 for an 8GB iPhone 4. Or you can buy a used GSM model (or bring your own, if you have an older phone hanging around) and add a Straight Talk SIM.
    Aww, fifey I feel your pain but this is a bit of a reality check for the 21st century. Allegro is right, however, for most companies, I can't comment on the legal community, it's turning more and more to bring your own device (byd), the company often pays for the service. Then they really can say - I pay every month, you better be available.

If you're concerned about security and privacy, I agree with the suggestion to have a separate device and maybe have it in a family share plan with your personal phone. My company gives the phone and the plan and I know plenty of folks who still maintain a separate personal device. In those cases, they are only paying for one. You are sort of being taken advantage of, but you have to weigh the positives with the negatives. You like the job and the people you help. Do you get a lot of messages outside hours, really? What if you told them you shut of your service and didn't actually have a phone?

Also, I'll read back at your post, I'm a bit lost how the firm can have access to wipe your device if its YOUR device. You must have to consent. What about not consenting?
    Last edited by Dra508; 01-29-2013 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    My uncle has to get heart surgery tomorrow morning. Hopefully everything will go well... The doctors were telling him he was lucky that he hadn't had a heart attack, since he runs and weight trains.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Had to make an ultra sound appointment to see if my breast lump is cancer. I HOPE NOT! God fuck....

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Someone I used to be friends with flipped out last night and "might have" taken hostages. People are citing drugs. I think he just lost his head. And while I feel sorry for the people he's bringing down with him, I have a hard time feeling sorry for him; especially, if it's drug related.

His business is never going to be the same after this.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

How fucked was your day?

Quote Originally Posted by littlemonkey613 View Post
    Had to make an ultra sound appointment to see if my breast lump is cancer. I HOPE NOT! God fuck....
    I hope not, too!!! But, if its any consolation, I've had two ultrasounds and it was nothing.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

How fucked was your day?

Quote Originally Posted by REPLICA View Post
    My uncle has to get heart surgery tomorrow morning. Hopefully everything will go well... The doctors were telling him he was lucky that he hadn't had a heart attack, since he runs and weight trains.
    Heart surgery actually makes one better, symptomatically, immediately. Totally different from abdominal or cancer surgeries. Plus, since my dad had it, they've improved from cracking the chest and literally opening your ribs up to a tiny incision with a much easier recovery. Best of luck.
    @littlemonkey613 , thinking good thoughts for you.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That cunt got put in prison again last night and isn't being allowed back into the house so they're making him come and live with me. He's on a train from Sutton Police station now. I hope the people at South Norwood Police Station can intercept and get his passport, money, cards etc out of there so he can book into a hotel (he's actually loaded despite living like a tramp) so he doesn't actually have to sleep here tonight. I don't have 3 locks on this bedroom door.

I really want to thank ETS for being the first place to take me seriously about any of this. It's a very helpful thing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    my dog Tish became the victim of my drunken neighbor losing control of his car and hitting her in our yard. This is such a shock I can barely handle it. She was the sweetest, the happiest, and best dog I could ever imagine. Its so sad seeing her brother Teddy now, they were inseparable and I could see the pain in his eyes as he watched me carry her lifeless body into my car.

I'm so sorry to say goodbye so soon, you brought such joy to my life. I will see you again someday.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    That cunt got put in prison again last night and isn't being allowed back into the house so they're making him come and live with me. He's on a train from Sutton Police station now. I hope the people at South Norwood Police Station can intercept and get his passport, money, cards etc out of there so he can book into a hotel (he's actually loaded despite living like a tramp) so he doesn't actually have to sleep here tonight. I don't have 3 locks on this bedroom door.

I really want to thank ETS for being the first place to take me seriously about any of this. It's a very helpful thing.
    Glad you're okay. <3

Quote Originally Posted by millionmilesaway View Post
    my dog Tish became the victim of my drunken neighbor losing control of his car and hitting her in our yard. This is such a shock I can barely handle it. She was the sweetest, the happiest, and best dog I could ever imagine. Its so sad seeing her brother Teddy now, they were inseparable and I could see the pain in his eyes as he watched me carry her lifeless body into my car.

I'm so sorry to say goodbye so soon, you brought such joy to my life. I will see you again someday.
    That's so horrible, she looked like a total sweetheart.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

How fucked was your day?

@icklekitty , are you okay???
    @millionmilesaway I am so sorry for your loss, I hope perhaps it changes the drunk's life at the very least. It would be nice if Tish's death isn't for naught.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    @millionmilesaway I'm sorry for your loss. That's fucking awful. Remember your beautiful dog and hold on to the memories.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 02-03-2013 at 01:51 AM.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    @millionmilesaway reading this made me cry, like seriously. If i were you, i would have beat the living PISS out of my neighbor. "SORRY BUD, LOST CONTROL OF MY BOOT IN YOUR TEETH." If you need this guy taken out, let me know, i got motherfuckers that can roll.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    @allegro @Fixer808 Yes! The Internet pulls together once again. The next few weeks/months are going to be hard, but at least a corner has been turned
    @millionmilesaway That's awful! Drunk people can truly be cunts of the highest order. Pretty sure animals deserve a heaven more than humans, so she's probably chasing all the rubber balls and steaks she can imagine.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    my dog Tish
    I'm so sorry you have lost her but I'm guessing, in your heart, she'll never leave. The pictures say so much.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @millionmilesaway did you notify the police?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    @millionmilesaway did you notify the police?
    no I was not there, my dad was and he said that he settled it with him, even though she was hit at the edge of our yard it would be considered our fault because she was not on a leash. His wife came over and was crying and apologizing, since their fight led to him peeling out of the driveway like he did. Still doesn't make me feel any better

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    no I was not there, my dad was and he said that he settled it with him, even though she was hit at the edge of our yard it would be considered our fault because she was not on a leash. His wife came over and was crying and apologizing, since their fight led to him peeling out of the driveway like he did. Still doesn't make me feel any better
    If the dog was on your property, you are not at fault because no Boston dog regulations were broken (they start at 16-1.9, Restraining Dogs).

It's hard for me to imagine what this has been like for you. I'm really, really sorry.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Had a shit day today, learnt of a death on my Dad's side of the family ( my Dad's niece in the Caribbean died of cancer ) and driving lessons are not progressing too well, asked for help on an advice forum regarding manual vs automatic cars and most of what I got was abuse which just made me feel lower.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    Had a shit day today, learnt of a death on my Dad's side of the family ( my Dad's niece in the Caribbean died of cancer ) and driving lessons are not progressing too well, asked for help on an advice forum regarding manual vs automatic cars and most of what I got was abuse which just made me feel lower.
    So sorry about the loss in your Dad's family. Also wish you the best on driving lessons. I learned on manual transmission so i may not be an expert but would be happy to help. Hope you have better days ahead.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Thanks, got more constructive replies on the forum today. I may try a few more lessons manual then if still no progress go to automatic.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

How fucked was your day?

Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    Thanks, got more constructive replies on the forum today. I may try a few more lessons manual then if still no progress go to automatic.
    PRACTICE is the only way to learn manual transmission. If possible, take a manual car to a big open area and keep trying even if it means popping that clutch (stall the car) 400 times. You'll get it. It will become second nature, like walking, where you are connected to it and won't even think about it. But also remember that most clutches don't engage until you're closer toward the top rather than the bottom, but each car is different so you have to "feel" for it. Learning how to get into 1st is the biggest challenge. After that, it's easy. (Don't practice on any up hills until you're pretty good, hahaha.)

This video is pretty good:

Last edited by allegro; 02-07-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    One of the main problems I have is that I dont have access to a car between lessons so will progress slower anyway. I have got to 3rd gear on the car but still on a minor road and not in traffic yet. I think prob my instructor is being prob too soft on me as I am a nervous learner, but she has suggested that automatic might be better for me as at least I can concentrate more on the car handling and road awareness. I didnt realise I had had 21 lessons, doesnt really seem that much.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

How fucked was your day?

She has a good point about learning how to drive as main focus vs learning stick as main focus.

(I practiced in my mom's car, a manual transmission MG Midget. The cars we used in school for Driver's Ed were Buick Regals with automatic transmission.)

Not having access to a car in between lessons for practice is kind of a bummer.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-09-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    It takes a bit of time to get used to driving stick, god knows I stalled out my parents' old Toyota Tercel countless times on hills when I was learning! It's a muscle memory thing, though, kinda like riding a bike if you wanna mix your metaphors. Once you're used to it you don't even really think about it.

I love driving stick. Not only is gas mileage better, but my right hand and left foot have something to do!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Kidney infection. A lot of pain. But at least I got antibiotics now, and should be better within three or four days. I'm so goddamn stupid for not having gone to the doctor earlier.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I need to make an appointment with the doctor soon want to come off Paroxetine this year. It's winter and I have annoying insect bites on my leg!! grr

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I wish my landlord would have considered my opinion when choosing my newest roommate. I've only said hello to her in passing but I already don't like her, She hasn't even been here for a week and already destroyed the place with a party, taken over the bathroom with a million different exfoliants, lotions, sprays, and powders; stomps around loudly with her heels (above my head) and also may be responsible for causing my landlords fiance to break things off and move out in a hurry last week (They have been spending a little too much time together) and to top it all off she listens to a mix of country music and club crap set to 11 whenever she is home. time to move yet again, now I'm glad I only had a 6 month lease

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So it's come out that my father used to rape my mother. BONZA!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Ugh, that's horrible... Sounds like a real charmer.