Page 20 of 160 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    I've never liked the live outro to MotP.
    I think the 2013 outro is missing something. Like, the new synth voice isn't great.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I've never liked the live outro to MotP.
    i feel like if it were closer to how "all the pigs, all lined up" actually sounded, it would be better (i.e. with backups consistently going "don't you feel a whole lot better?" and that crazy distorted drum sound that comes in toward the end)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Slip.

Yeah, he slipped alright, and lost the towel he should had thrown in after YZ.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Of course everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I do wonder about people who signed up to this forum SOLELY to use this thread.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Of course everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I do wonder about people who signed up to this forum SOLELY to use this thread.
    Better the bitching go in this thread than other ones though. At least this is an outlet, and for the most part avoiding arguments and flaming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    but I do wonder about people who signed up to this forum SOLELY to use this thread.
    If this was directed at me, then it will please you to know that i've been a member on this forum since late 2004, but lost my account due to the closing and re-opening of the forums.

also, Every Chorus on HM is a THTF chorus. Just try it, sing along with "just how deep do you believe".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    no dude... I LOVE Kinda I want to.....

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lain View Post
    also, Every Chorus on HM is a THTF chorus. Just try it, sing along with "just how deep do you believe".
    Doesn't work. Try again.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    1) We're probably more likely to see another TDS anniversary release before we see a TF anniversary release.

2) I never want to hear anything recorded during the Tapeworm sessions. If TR said it was a lackluster back then just imagine what it would be, comparatively, to today's music, and that's before you add nearly twenty years of hype.

3) Was watching Closure recently and it reminded me: Those shorts he used to wear + Those legs he used to have = No. I know we all grow older and look back on dumb stuff we used to wear, but even back then I thought those shorts didn't do his legs any favours. Thankfully, he wears shorts that fit now, and doesn't skip leg days at the gym.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    My controversial opinion: this thread isn't controversial enough.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    My controversial opinion: this thread isn't controversial enough.
    Fred Durst always has been, and always will be, a better artist and all around person than Trent Reznor. Better?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Fred Durst always has been, and always will be, a better artist and all around person than Trent Reznor. Better?
    i know you were joking, so i hope you know that was a friendly facepalm.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I would facepalm it myself if I could.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lain View Post
    The Slip.

Yeah, he slipped alright, and lost the towel he should had thrown in after YZ.
    Dude, his slips started way before that, sometime around the TF-era. Admittedly, he tried to save himself, but himself kept slipping.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    No idea about all around person, but with_beard Fred looks way cuter than Trent ("Ready to go" video for the reference)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm not saying I like Durst's beard better, but I'm no fan of Trent's.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    This isn't my opinion, but I thought it seemed controversial in a way. Somebody I knew, that also liked Nine Inch Nails from Pretty Hate Machine to The Fragile told me that Trent Reznor was getting too old to write about his emotions and emotional experiences the way he did on With Teeth. However, he didn't think it was a bad album either, but With Teeth seemed to ruin it for him as a fan. I also wanted to share it because it stuck with me for so long, because I was taken aback by it. If that was the case, wouldn't have Trent been "too old" to put out an album like The Fragile at the age of 34? And he didn't say anything negative about Trent having songs containing anger and depression back then. The Fragile still remains to be his most favorite NIN album too.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-18-2013 at 08:21 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Sounds like steaming excrement to me. You don't stop having emotions as you get older, it just provides more gravitas and pathos when you do write or sing about them - take Johnny Cash's latter years as an example.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Welcome Oblivion is a better album than Hesitation Marks.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    You don't stop having emotions as you get older.
    Yeah. TR doesn't have to stop being pissed off just because he got older. There's more than one reason to be pissed off, and those reasons change with age.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    He puts on a better stage show in regards to being a frontman.

Not even trolling.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'll disagree. I think Durst's stage presence is just as generic as Reznor's. Reznor does have his moments (e.g. Somewhat Damaged 07.03.09), and I'm sure Durst does too, but I don't really see anything that puts one definitively at an advantage over the other.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I'll disagree. I think Durst's stage presence is just as generic as Reznor's. Reznor does have his moments (e.g. Somewhat Damaged 07.03.09), and I'm sure Durst does too, but I don't really see anything that puts one definitively at an advantage over the other.
    this is not a "shreds" video. this is 100% durst.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    As much as I can tolerate, and even like most of Limp Bizkit's earlier works... that... I had a hard time listening to.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Sounds like steaming excrement to me. You don't stop having emotions as you get older, it just provides more gravitas and pathos when you do write or sing about them - take Johnny Cash's latter years as an example.
    When I asked him about it again, he included that he thought it was Trent's attempt to market his music to a younger audience... whatever that means... which is why he didn't bother to even check out any album that came out after With Teeth. He actually gave his music from The Social Network and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo a chance though, and he seemed to like it.

But as far as his opinions on the albums post-Fragile, it really is as if he shit on them, because it really was like he was saying that any album post-Fragile is for the "NIN kiddies". And yes, you are certainly right, since anger and depression can hit anybody at any stage of life with some reasons that are obviously more valid and relatable than others.

Yeah. TR doesn't have to stop being pissed off just because he got older. There's more than one reason to be pissed off, and those reasons change with age.
    Exactly. And, like other different types of reasons, levels, and factors for anger and depression, age is also included. I'm sure it's possible, depending on one's particular personality and preferences to be able to find The Downward Spiral relatable at the age of 13, and still find it relatable at the age of 23 or even 32 for different reasons, experiences, and ways. (And that is also assuming that they've also grown up with its music and not apart from it.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-18-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I've never been a fan of frontmen that play instruments during songs, but I don't think that will prevent me from seeing nin every time they come close to STL.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just some random (controversial?) thoughts I'm having reading this thread:

- Fuck Limp Bizkit

- I miss the stage destruction. You know, not the Woodstock '94 kind of stage destruction, that'd look silly now, but the With Teeth era stage destruction. Flying guitars, mic stands, microphones, drinks. I know that with an elaborate production like today's it'd be expensive as hell to destroy things on stage, but there are moments where it wouldn't cause too much damage and add to the show. Watch Terrible Lie on Beside You In Time. Also, Trent taking a sip and then putting the bottle back to its place is sooo HTDA.

- I'd love to see/hear another Marilyn Manson/Trent Reznor collaboration. Different lifestyles aside, I think now that they're both older, and don't seem to hate each other anymore, it'd be a nice experiment. Worst thing that could happen is that "it didn't work".

- Rob Sheridan doesn't get enough credit for his work. I know he DOES get credit, but next to Trent he's THE man that makes NIN (and HTDA) interesting. He really frames the picture with his excellent artworks and art direction.

- Setlists should include at least 7 or 8 songs from The Fragile. Not 2-3.

- Why the fuck isn't Charlie Clouser working with Trent anymore?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I've never been a fan of frontmen that play instruments during songs, but I don't think that will prevent me from seeing nin every time they come close to STL.
    I actually have more respect for someone that can sing and play an instrument at the same time. I can do one or the other. That said, a lot of my favourite bands have frontmen/women that play an instrument and sing. Trent, Steven Wilson, Peter Steele, Maura Davis, Josh Homme etc.
    Last edited by Tyson; 09-18-2013 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Added quote.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist Fuck View Post

- Fuck Limp Bizkit
    B...b...but I like limp bizkit.

I had fred and the guys sign my copy of 3 dollar bill yall and everything earlier this year.

=^_^=

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist Fuck View Post

- Fuck Limp Bizkit

- I miss the stage destruction. You know, not the Woodstock '94 kind of stage destruction, that'd look silly now, but the With Teeth era stage destruction. Flying guitars, mic stands, microphones, drinks. I know that with an elaborate production like today's it'd be expensive as hell to destroy things on stage, but there are moments where it wouldn't cause too much damage and add to the show. Watch Terrible Lie on Beside You In Time. Also, Trent taking a sip and then putting the bottle back to its place is sooo HTDA.

- I'd love to see/hear another Marilyn Manson/Trent Reznor collaboration. Different lifestyles aside, I think now that they're both older, and don't seem to hate each other anymore, it'd be a nice experiment. Worst thing that could happen is that "it didn't work".

- Rob Sheridan doesn't get enough credit for his work. I know he DOES get credit, but next to Trent he's THE man that makes NIN (and HTDA) interesting. He really frames the picture with his excellent artworks and art direction.

- Setlists should include at least 7 or 8 songs from The Fragile. Not 2-3.

- Why the fuck isn't Charlie Clouser working with Trent anymore?
    1) ...

2) I think the only reason that happened was because Aaron was a catalyst. And most of it was just him anyway.

3) I think Trent is way to professional minded nowadays to ever work with Manson again. Today's Trent working with today's Manson? Don't see anything good ever coming from it. Today's Trent working with 2000-2003 Manson? Could have created some interesting things.

4) I think most of the NIN community think of Rob anytime they think of NIN visuals. I know I do. Most everyone is well aware he's the TR's eyes.

5) Not even gonna argue with that.

6) He's too busy ridin' 20s, nucca.