Page 47 of 160 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 147 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 4778

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I do not like it... It just feels exhausting to listen through. Which sounds like such a stupid thing to say.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    If we're talking about the same man who thought And All That Could Have Been or Non-Entity shouldn't have been on their respective albums and left them on the cutting room floor, I'll take his opinion with a grain of salt.
    Figured I'd move this convo from Spotting to Controversial.

I get where you're coming from Kyle, but great songs are cut from albums all the time with reasons that rarely have to do with quality. On the other hand, he kept claiming/stating Tapeworm wasn't worth releasing literally while recording/releasing The Collector, Getting Smaller, and Not So Pretty Now. Come on, can't we just all admit Tapeworm must have been shit?
    Last edited by howdidislipinto; 05-05-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I don't hate any of those songs. But if you're going to hate them, then you're proving my point by the fact that two of those songs were deemed worthy of release and NE wasn't.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    I get where you're coming from Kyle, but great songs are cut from albums all the time with reasons that rarely have to do with quality. On the other hand, he kept claiming/stating Tapeworm wasn't worth releasing literally while recording/releasing The Collector, Getting Smaller, and Not So Pretty Now. Come on, can't we just all admit Tapeworm must have been shit?
    the collector and getting smaller are great, and i really don't understand the hate they both get. yeah, they're a little goofy lyrically, but they're not BAD songs. and musically, they're pretty awesome, and very different from most of the stuff trent has done. plus, i love the weird time signature of the collector.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I do not like it... It just feels exhausting to listen through. Which sounds like such a stupid thing to say.
    I get it.

While I think most of the songs on YZ are great individually, I just can't listen to it collectively which makes YZ my least favorite album.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

HLAH (̶G̶o̶-̶G̶o̶ ̶M̶i̶x̶)̶ Opal is superior to the album version by a mile.

Also, Suck by Pigface is incredibly bland and boring.
    Last edited by GlitchyFlame; 05-08-2014 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Fucked up the title of the remix

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    OPAL.

And you had me up until the 2nd sentence.

:P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lordfalconer View Post
    Hesitation Marks is the best thing Trent has done since the Fragile. It's the first thing since then that feels as sincere and heartfelt musically.
    I agree 100%. It feels like he's true to where he is in life, whereas With Teeth or The Slip were emulating a person he used to be. Year Zero wasn't probably even meant to be sincere or heartfelt. That album feels very mechanical and unorganic to me. I also think he tore down a few walls this time around. It'll be interesting to see where he can take this.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Hesitation Marks seriously should have been scrapped and never talked about. It's really, really bad - same stupid drum machine beginning in every damned song.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Hesitation Marks seriously should have been scrapped and never talked about. It's really, really bad - same stupid drum machine beginning in every damned song.
    wat. seriously, wat.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    wat. seriously, wat.
    The only track on that album that's halfway worthwhile is Disappointed (ironic right?)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    The only track on that album that's halfway worthwhile is Disappointed (ironic right?)
    In Two? Find My Way? While I'm Still Here? I Would For You?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I liked them for about the first week then realized how forgetable the album really is. Honestly when I listen to them I completely forget hesitation marks even exists in the library.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's my least favorite track on that album.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil Dorbell View Post
    I agree 100%. It feels like he's true to where he is in life, whereas With Teeth or The Slip were emulating a person he used to be. Year Zero wasn't probably even meant to be sincere or heartfelt. That album feels very mechanical and unorganic to me. I also think he tore down a few walls this time around. It'll be interesting to see where he can take this.
    I really don't feel With Teeth was emulating a person he used to be - it came off the back of a period where everything he was doing was failing (one hour photo, doom 3, tapeworm) then he had that court case with his manager, post rehab etc. I think the themes of With Teeth fit perfectly with that. And he didn't know whether it was going to be successful or not when writing it

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Nah. I think it's cool that you have such an emotional/gut reaction to the album, even if it is "negative."

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    this track has grown on me, for sure. i actually find the instrumental passages much more interesting than the vocal passages.

also, responding to what you said above, the issue i have with the drum programming is how many songs use claps instead of a snare sound for the most emphasized part of the virtual drumkit. other than that, i don't mind the programming so much.

find my way is the ONLY song on hesitation marks i actively dislike (while i'm still here is only redeemed by its connection to black noise). i don't know if it's all the "oh dear lord" stuff or just that it's really slow, but it doesn't do anything for me musically/lyrically, and most importantly, emotionally. i feel no connection to that song whatsoever.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Chiming in re: Non-Entity. That may be my least favourite NIN track. It bored me to tears when I heard it live and I don't think I've listened to it since 2009.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I enjoyed the Fixed remix of Wish better than the original.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Chiming in re: Non-Entity. That may be my least favourite NIN track. It bored me to tears when I heard it live and I don't think I've listened to it since 2009.
    I prefer the ReAct Now version when it first debuted.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Reading this last page, it seems like every song/album somebody doesn't like, I do.

Even Not So Pretty Now. Seriously.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Not So Pretty Now is brilliant. THAT BEAT.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I like NSPN too. Whenever I listen to it though I picture that breakfast special show with Trent's head almost completely bald:

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'm bored so unpopular opinion: Nine Inch Nails is not just Trent. Sure, he's the only (main) writer, but Robin, Ally, Atticus, hell even Rob have shaped the band so much that it's total bullshit to pretend it's just Trent in his bedroom, writing soliloquies about giant alien hands.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Closer is back.

Ugh.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I'm bored so unpopular opinion: Nine Inch Nails is not just Trent. Sure, he's the only (main) writer, but Robin, Ally, Atticus, hell even Rob have shaped the band so much that it's total bullshit to pretend it's just Trent in his bedroom, writing soliloquies about giant alien hands.
    I wish Trent would write more songs about alien heads :'(

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I just successfully listened to The Fragile cover to cover for the first time.

While it contains a couple of my favorite songs, it is by far my least favorite NIN album as a whole. It just makes me feel weird, uncomfortable, and extremely shitty.

Come at me with your facepalms.
    I also get this on some level myself in a way, as most of Radiohead's songs from Kid A and Amnesiac didn't really click with me. They didn't make me feel any of the things you've felt about The Fragile though, but it would seem like the equivalent of me posting that kind of opinion of mine in a Radiohead forum. I also hope that's a decent analogy. I've also figured that The Fragile would still be a challenging or overbearing listen for some people, and it's why I'd sometimes even recommend new listeners to listen to Pretty Hate Machine, The Downward Spiral, or With Teeth way before checking out The Fragile.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    For fucks sake.. Can you stop being hilarious, because I'm really starting to feel like a stalker with amount of post liking I do when it comes to you.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I wish Trent would write more songs about alien heads :'(
    do you mean head like a hole?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchyFlame View Post
    HLAH (Go-Go Mix) is superior to the album version by a mile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    OPAL.
    Sorry about that, I just finished listening to Demos and Remixes and had that mix on my mind. We all have brainfarts sometimes.
    Last edited by GlitchyFlame; 05-08-2014 at 09:29 PM.