Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 1916

Thread: Ministry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So they played the first show of the Freaks on Parade tour. According to Setlist.FM they played Revenge for the first time since 1984. Can't wait for someone to upload the video of the performance.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookster426 View Post
    So they played the first show of the Freaks on Parade tour. According to Setlist.FM they played Revenge for the first time since 1984. Can't wait for someone to upload the video of the performance.
    I didn't believe it until I saw this....

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Holy shit! Just give me a whole With Sympathy/Twelve Inch Singles tour!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Holy shit! Just give me a whole With Sympathy/Twelve Inch Singles tour!
    Technically this song pre dates WS.

Hopefully Al plays Same Old Madness!!!!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    man that cover is terrible. I mean I get it. maybe thats the point. dumbed down crap for the masses. I saw this was actually a painting and it looks like the posterized it in photoshop or something. maybe im giving Al far too much credit...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    man that cover is terrible.

The man has form…

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'll take any of those covers over the new one!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I didnt mind the rantology cover. probably the last one that was decent.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I remember reading (maybe in Chris Connelly's book?) that no one liked the title nor the cover for the Mind Is A Terrible Thing to Taste. Ultimately Al had final say I guess

In my opinion, I'd say everything from 1981-1992 had great cover art. From Filth Pig on, the covers had been bad or mediocre at best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love the cover art for The Mind, probably my favorite art for any Ministry release.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    "Mind..." and "Filth Pig" are great, "Psalm 69" might be the best!

All covers after "Dark Side of the Spoon" are "ok", might be kitschy, but at least they were well-executed (except "AmeriKKKant"), but the new one looks bad and lazy...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I think I've settled on Twitch being my favorite Ministry album cover. Interestingly enough, it's the only album cover (besides the painting on Beer to Eternity) to actually feature Al.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    That song would be better if they used keyboards ala stigmata instead of guitars.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Al keeps getting stranger looking. Glad he's still rocking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I mean, we're well past Ministry's peak, but I still enjoyed it well enough, more than most of their songs off the past few albums. I like the instrumental; the little surf guitar breakdown after the first chorus is a lot of fun.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Got Paul to sign the obi strip from my Japanese copy of Psalm 69 last night.

(Man what a show! Not too often I feel at home in a crowd, but I def did at the Skinny Puppy show last night.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ministry to perform With Sympathy and Twitch songs at Cruel World 2024!

https://www.dailynews.com/2023/12/04...play-pasadena/

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    With Sympathy is so good. Honestly, Ministry's entire '80s run is probably my favorite from them. The only one I really like after that is the one that Al hates in Animositinomina.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    With Sympathy is so good. Honestly, Ministry's entire '80s run is probably my favorite from them. The only one I really like after that is the one that Al hates in Animositinomina.
    Twitch was sooo good

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    If I shared this story before, I apologize. When I met NIN at a Virgin Megastore signing for AATCHB, I was probably about 16 years old or so, I thought to myself, "I'm going to talk to Trent about music" . I was just getting into Ministry at the time. So when it was my turn to go up for the autograph, I said, "Trent, what's your favorite Ministry album?" He said "Twitch, without a doubt. It had a major influence on me." Danny was next to Trent and said "No way dude, Land of Rape and Honey all the way. Don't listen to that guy *points to Trent* , he's old and likes cheesy music" Trent said "Rape and Honey is great, I like Twitch better, and Danny, go fuck yourself"
    I still laugh about it every time I think of it. The one and only time I got to meet NIN and it was an awesome experience.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    If I shared this story before, I apologize. When I met NIN at a Virgin Megastore signing for AATCHB, I was probably about 16 years old or so, I thought to myself, "I'm going to talk to Trent about music" . I was just getting into Ministry at the time. So when it was my turn to go up for the autograph, I said, "Trent, what's your favorite Ministry album?" He said "Twitch, without a doubt. It had a major influence on me." Danny was next to Trent and said "No way dude, Land of Rape and Honey all the way. Don't listen to that guy *points to Trent* , he's old and likes cheesy music" Trent said "Rape and Honey is great, I like Twitch better, and Danny, go fuck yourself"
    I still laugh about it every time I think of it. The one and only time I got to meet NIN and it was an awesome experience.
    That's a pretty cool story! Also, Twitch being Trent's favorite checks out. The two big production hands on that record were Adrian Sherwood and Keith Leblanc, who were naturally brought on to help produce Pretty Hate Machine.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just picked this up, it has more unreleased goodies from the early years. Hardman is the only unreleased song, but some of these demos and live versions have some cool differences in them.

https://ministryband.bandcamp.com/al...-rarest-tracks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So the album after "hopium" will be their last album, and Paul Barker will be back for it.

I take the "last album" as a grain of salt of course. (although, I'm more inclined to believe it this time)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Weren't "Last Sucker" and also "From Beer to Eternity..." supposed to be the "last albums"?

But i'm up for Paul returning!
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 02-22-2024 at 03:34 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    10 bucks says its Al just running his mouth off and nothing has been officially sorted out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Judging by Al saying he’s matured and doesn’t want to be a band who just continues to put out bad music, I don’t have high hopium for this. On paper, it has the makes of an excellent album, I just don’t think Al has the maturity to pull it off.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Speaking of mature, the new album name and image screams it!

BDE the latest song especially.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    yea I cant.