Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I'm with you Jinsai. I avoid threads where I don't want info to be spoiled for me but since this my second offense in this thread, I edited. The board has clear rules about posting in this section...
    Yeah, the rule is that once the episode has aired, spoilers are fine. You didn't have to edit your post.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    He could just be injured. It was pretty dark and hard to tell how badly he was actually hit. He might be OK.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    This is true, and while I appreciate where you're coming from here, I can think of no good reason to be reading this thread if you haven't watched the new episode
    Er, the same reason anyone posts in or reads a forum, discussion. Maybe someone had only just gotten around to watching the last episode and had an insightful comment to make, or someone who only posts on these forums every few days. Maybe someone had heard some interesting rumours from the set. Maybe season 2 boxed set details had been released. Maybe someone had produced a nice piece of fan art. Maybe Lena Headey had been arrested on a DUI. Hell, sometimes it's good to know in advance whether popular concensus considers the latest episode worth hurrying to your set to see. Even if you keep up to date watching the show (and I am, we're only one freaking day behind here), TV shows occasionally leak out before their US airdate - would you assume everyone in the thread had seen it?

In my case, I'd forgotten the new episode had aired in the US. It's not like I'm coming in months later.
    I wouldn't have bothered saying anything if we didn't have spoiler tags on these forums, but this is exactly what they're there for.
    Last edited by Vertigo; 05-28-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I think they handled the Blackwater battle very well, except for the wildfire a little bit, it served as more of just a bomb, minor gripe. This season is turning out great.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    A question for the non-readers: Did you understand whose armor Loras was wearing at the end? I think they completely glossed over this point, which was worth a nod in my opinion, as it had a significant effect in the morale of troops (both attackers and defenders).

Anyway, the episode was great. Some great character moments. And of course, that explosion was simply awesome!
    Last edited by Alexandros; 05-29-2012 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Replaced Lancel with Loras

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This song came to mind while watching a certain part of the battle.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    A question for the non-readers: Did you understand whose armor Lancel was wearing at the end? I think they completely glossed over this point, which was worth a nod in my opinion, as it had a significant effect in the morale of troops (both attackers and defenders).
    I've read the books, and to be honest, I'm not sure at all what you're talking about.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Did you notice this song in the credits?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I've read the books, and to be honest, I'm not sure at all what you're talking about.
    Shit, sorry, I meant whose armor Loras was wearing, not Lancel. Although it was there if you were looking for it, I'm not sure it was very clear for those who haven't read the book, as fast as everything happened.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Shit, sorry, I meant whose armor Loras was wearing, not Lancel. Although it was there if you were looking for it, I'm not sure it was very clear for those who haven't read the book, as fast as everything happened.
    I'm thinking they'll either point that out next week or next season, or it was just thrown in there for people who've read the books and they didn't want to spend time in the show bringing it up.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Yeah, the rule is that once the episode has aired, spoilers are fine. You didn't have to edit your post.
    Vertigo posted that it hadn't aired in the uk yet so i thought the rule applied. I was confused about how my other edited post was a spoiler too (there's only so many origins a shadow demon baby can be conceived!) so I think I'll just be more cautious about it in general in the "le cinema" forum. Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    All I know is, if I haven't seen the most recent episode, I don't touch the thread.

And there's no way Tyrion dies, tis only a flesh wound! I think he just passed out because "he's bleeding" and he's not used to battle. Although, it was pretty deep, no way it was a mortal wound though. The ending was pretty sweet though, definitely thought they were fucked.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Sandor: "ANY MAN DIES WITH A CLEAN SWORD AND I'LL RAPE HIS FUCKING CORPSE!"
    -
    Joffrey:"If i tell the Hound to cut you in half, he'll do it without a second thought".
    -
    Tyrion: "That would make me the quarter-man, just doesn't have the same ring to it".

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Vertigo posted that it hadn't aired in the uk yet so i thought the rule applied. I was confused about how my other edited post was a spoiler too (there's only so many origins a shadow demon baby can be conceived!) so I think I'll just be more cautious about it in general in the "le cinema" forum. Thanks.
    It was a book spoiler so that's why the former post was edited.

Anyways, for those of you wandering about Tyrion's fate, HBO kinda spoiled it in the episode synopsis for the season finale. Ho hum.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Sandor: "ANY MAN DIES WITH A CLEAN SWORD AND I'LL RAPE HIS FUCKING CORPSE!"
    This was probably my favorite line in the entire show.
    Last edited by imail724; 05-30-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Just bought this shirt. For those unfamiliar with teefury.com their shirts are only available for 24 hours, and then they're gone forever. I was a big fan of this artist's other Game of Thrones/Beer mash-up shirt "Stark Direwolf Winter Lager".
    Last edited by NIN64; 06-01-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    It appears the season finale will be 10 minutes longer than the usual runtime. Nice to see they're taking extra time to wrap up the season properly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    Just bought this shirt. For those unfamiliar with teefury.com their shirts are only available for 24 hours, and then they're gone forever. I was a big fan of this artist's other Game of Thrones/Beer mash-up shirt "Stark Direwolf Winter Lager".
    Thanks for that link! That's a really awesome t-shirt that I'm now buying...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    Thanks for that link! That's a really awesome t-shirt that I'm now buying...
    I found a site that still sells this artist's other shirt. I like this one better.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Anyways, for those of you wandering about Tyrion's fate, HBO kinda spoiled it in the episode synopsis for the season finale. Ho hum.
    And you just kinda spoiled it for anyone who didn't watch that synopsis. Neat.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Nope, not even close. I'm talking about the written​ synopsis.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Nope, not even close. I'm talking about the written​ synopsis.
    Hm, maybe I was kinda projected what I want the outcome to be. Looking back now, your post was pretty ambiguous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I loved this season. I'm wondering where they will finish this season???

Surely it would have to be with one of the "Weddings".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone else really want to hear a sing-a-long of "The Bear & the Maiden fair"???

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Lienert View Post
    I loved this season. I'm wondering where they will finish this season???

Surely it would have to be with one of the "Weddings".
    Too early for either one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    But they'll have to end on something big. This will be interesting.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Too early for either one.
    Can't help yourself can you?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Lienert View Post
    But they'll have to end on something big. This will be interesting.
    There is only one way to end season 2 in my opinion: Spoiler: The prologue of Storm of Swords, at the Fist of the First Men, three horn blasts, the Watch pissing themselves, end credits.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    ^ That would be awesome

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    There is only one way to end season 2 in my opinion: Spoiler: The prologue of Storm of Swords, at the Fist of the First Men, three horn blasts, the Watch pissing themselves, end credits.
    Spoiler: Didn't think about that, but as the Recap to the next episode begins with Jon on the Fist saying "They came here to get away from something. I don't think it worked." it seems plausible. Would be an epic and extreme cliffhanger