Thread: Headphones and Amps and DACs... Oh My!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Currently rocking this setup:
    Really old thinkpad running Windows 7 and foobar2000 or Google Play Music All Access > Monoprice Desktop Amp/DAC > AKG K7XX.
    Considering getting a Schiit stack.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
    AKG K7XX.
    I was pretty bummed when I found out I missed that drop, might spring for it if they do it again. Also considering getting a Schiit stack but I don't know anywhere I can try the Modi/Magni combo, the only Schiit dealer around carries pretty much everything except those two and the Ragnarok (which I would fucking love to try). I've also considered using my D1 purely as a DAC running it into a Bottlehead Crack because it's the same price as a M/M stack and is apparently just fucking insanely good. If it ever hits Massdrop it'll be on my desk like white on rice.

The D1 works really well with the DT990 but there's really no end-game for me here, there's always that yearning feeling to upgrade. Thank god I get to play around with all kinds of A/V shit at work or I'd be broke as fuck trying to bring it all home with me.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 03-17-2015 at 03:57 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Nothing fancy, but good enough for my needs.

For digital I have Tannoy Mercury speakers with cable upgrade, Cambridge Audio AM5 amp, Sennheiser HD449's and an HP Envy running Foobar 2000.

I have a Denon PMA520AE amp for my turntable.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
    Currently rocking this setup:
    Really old thinkpad running Windows 7 and foobar2000 or Google Play Music All Access > Monoprice Desktop Amp/DAC > AKG K7XX.
    Considering getting a Schiit stack.
    Well, I pulled the trigger on the Schiit stack early this morning and it's already shipped