Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Fallout

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pumped for this.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yes please.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Debuting on Prime Video April 12, 2024!!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Last edited by october_midnight; 11-28-2023 at 09:15 AM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Good cast. I'll be checking this out.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fucking yes please.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Let's go.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    My favorite gaming franchise! I was pretty bummed when the first trailer released and looked so goofy, but now that I've had time to settle in to the show's aesthetic, I'm looking forward to it!

For context, Fallout 3 was my first Fallout experience. That game is so dark and bleak and lonely, and then the happy-go-lucky goofy 1950s stuff is peppered throughout adding a nice texture and dimensionality to the world. The trailers for the show so far make it look like they just took the wacky cartoony stuff to 11, leaving me worried it's going to feel more silly than grounded. I get that with shows like The Last of Us, it's smart to do something tonally very different, but I personally would want a Fallout show that feels more like The Book of Eli or The Road than Ghostbusters or Little Nicky.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    That looks GREAT - although one thing disturbs me, are they going to make out the Vaults were some force for good rather than just experimenting on people? I'd really like a show that delves into that and shows some comeuppance for Vault Tec - just leaving Stanislaus Braun alone forever doesn't cut it

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Are they going to make out the Vaults were some force for good rather than just experimenting on people?
    Almost certainly not. The teaser trailer shows a bloodbath going down in a vault (Vault 33, by the looks of it), which I assume is the result of an experiment.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Almost certainly not. The teaser trailer shows a bloodbath going down in a vault (Vault 33, by the looks of it), which I assume is the result of an experiment.
    Oh good, the vaults are one of my favourite parts of the game

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Oh good, the vaults are one of my favourite parts of the game
    Yeah, it's unfortunate the latest games haven't explored the vaults as much. It was always great in the older games to stumble upon a new vault and try to figure out what the fuck went down there.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Being in the middle of a Wool re-read...huh.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I just started watching the Fallout series - its amazing - better than i hoped it would be so far (only on the first one though). I've always been a bit against films of games because they're always rubbish, but this just seems to get the fan service right, and I'm really intrigued as to what will come. Generally I've also felt that gaming is such a different medium because of the interaction and so personal that films can't pull it off - I think this being a series was the best idea to give it more time. Looking forward to seeing what evil intent was behind Vault 32

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally finished the series. Incredible. I'm in awe how they got the look and feel to the game. If Walton Goggings doesn't get an Emmy and/or Golden Globe nomination for his performance, then it goes to show the voters are nothing but a bunch of dinosaurs that don't know great performances if it came out of their asses.