Thread: Foo Fighters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm thinking it's going to be a good one. From SH promos we've also heard just a short clip of "The Feast of the Famine," and I like that one even more.

Btw, is anyone on here also on the FF forums? Not sure I'll ever consider myself enough of a superfan to join, but I was creeping over there after the Cubby Bear chaos yesterday just to see how things went down; looks like a pretty tight-knit community, much like we have here

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwing47 View Post

Btw, is anyone on here also on the FF forums? Not sure I'll ever consider myself enough of a superfan to join, but I was creeping over there after the Cubby Bear chaos yesterday just to see how things went down; looks like a pretty tight-knit community, much like we have here
    I signed up for the FF forum like a decade ago, wasn't a very active user. But it's become somewhat of a running joke, because every year at midnight on my Birthday, I get a Happy Birthday e-mail sent out from the Foo Fighters message board. And earlier this year, it was a few hours before my birthday or something and my girlfriend wishes me happy birthday, and I was like "you know it's not my birthday yet" and she was like "close enough" and I replied with "It's not my Birthday until the Foo Fighters wish me Happy Birthday" and she was confused...

However, in a few hours I got the Happy Birthday e-mail and then it all made sense to her. So, that's kind of a running joke.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 10-16-2014 at 11:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I signed up for the FF forum like a decade ago, wasn't a very active user. But it's become somewhat of a running joke, because every year at midnight on my Birthday, I get a Happy Birthday e-mail sent out from the Foo Fighters message board. And earlier this year, it was a few hours before my birthday or something and my girlfriend wishes me happy birthday, and I was like "you know it's not my birthday yet" and she was like "close enough" and I replied with "It's not my Birthday until the Foo Fighters wish me Happy Birthday" and she was confused...

However, in a few hours I got the Happy Birthday e-mail and then it all made sense to her. So, that's kind of a running joke.
    I totally relate to that birthday email story...always cracks me up. I signed up there in 2001 and was fairly active for a bit. Some pretty cool people, but then when FF became more popular the younger fans started posting and it just gets messy at times. I use that postboard much like this one, for info on a band I enjoy. And in the early days if you lived in or around Los Angeles it was great because you got info on secret shows and they did contests and drawings for tickets. Saw a few great shows because of that site. Paid 10 bucks for the One By One cd release party at the Wiltern. So being a member of a website for a band you like can have value, doesn't mean you have to be an active poster.