Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.10.04 - Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Well that was nice and easy. $118.50 for GA floors stings a bit but I'm sure it will be worth it.

It was very cool of them to start things 30 minutes early for the people who got screwed with the fan sale. Much appreciated to whoever made that call. There are like 5 different pre-sales for this show, so it's bound to be a bit of a clusterfuck and now I can rest easy instead of trying to stressfully decide which presale code to use first right at 10AM.

If anyone needs a breakdown of passwords;

the 102.1 the Edge - Tension
    Facebook RSVP - Haunted
    LiveNation - Picnic
    LN Mobile - Covert

Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by AgentofChaos; 06-13-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    All the presales went on sale before 10am!! FUCKING TICKETBASTARD!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hope everyone got the tickets they wanted!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If anybody has an extra GA Floor for this show please let me know!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Long time reader, rare poster (I don't thing I've posted on ets since it "moved" which isn't even a new thing anymore).

Anyway the normal request, here goes:
    If anyone happens to have an extra GA Floor ticket, let me know. I am looking. I'll try again tomorrow via the normal online sale.

But sheesh, this is the first time I haven't been able to get a ticket during the nin pre-sale let alone any other pre-sale.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I called and complained to TicketBastard that the presale tickets for the Edge, Live Nation, and Facebook all went on sale BEFORE 10am and they said there was nothing they can do for me. If the tickets went on sale at 10am and I was not able to get a GA Floor then it would suck, but I would have to get over it, but the fact the presale tickets went on sale before the advertised time makes me really angry. They have all of these presales on the event page listed for 10am with the exception of the 9:30 presale, but all the passwords for EVERY presale must have gone active at 9:30. So I did not have a fair chance to purchase tickets and you know TicketBastard...there is nothing we can do for you.
    They then told me that its not up to them, but the owner of the tickets. I asked if they meant Live Nation and they responded, no the ACC own the tickets.

So I called the Air Canada Centre because TicketBastard passed the buck and said it was them who activated the presales. The ACC told me the same thing. "I'm sorry, but there is nothing we can do for you." They only have another few hundred GA floor tickets going on sale tomorrow, but you know, they can't help me out because I was the one who did not magically anticipate all presales going active before the advertised time on TicketBastard. Fucking bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ILoveFestivals; 06-13-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Every Presale

Only the ppl who got an e-mail from music-today (about the system problems on tues) got an invite to the 9:30 one. The 9:30 one was locked to the e-mail address of the person it was sent to. The rest did start at 10am. I have plenty of friends that were able to get Facebook and Live Nation Presales.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theyellowdart View Post
    Only the ppl who got an e-mail from music-today (about the system problems on tues) got an invite to the 9:30 one. The 9:30 one was locked to the e-mail address of the person it was sent to. The rest did start at 10am. I have plenty of friends that were able to get Facebook and Live Nation Presales.
    I tried all 3 passowrds in the internet presale box on the TM event page around 9:50 and all 3 passwords worked, so the presale must have started earlier than it was suppose to. I used HAUNTED, PICNIC, and TENSION and all 3 worked before 10am, but neither of them had GA Floor tickets available.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveFestivals View Post
    I tried all 3 passowrds in the internet presale box on the TM event page around 9:50 and all 3 passwords worked, so the presale must have started earlier than it was suppose to. I used HAUNTED, PICNIC, and TENSION and all 3 worked before 10am, but neither of them had GA Floor tickets available.
    I started at 9:55 with the Picnic password and although it worked and got me through to the verification screen, it then showed nothing available. Same thing for 4 or 5 tries, then magically at 10:01 tickets were available. I think even though the other passwords worked they weren't connecting to available tickets until 10:00 a.m. Still, there is nothing more frustrating than trying to get tickets electronically for any show in Toronto. See you all in Section 121! (Us old people like to have a seat available in case the excitement gets too much for our frail and fluttering hearts.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveFestivals View Post
    I tried PICNIC and HAUNTED before 10:00 as well and both worked for me. The closest I could get after 30 minutes of trying was section 121. I will try again tomorrow on the general public sale.

I also hate how they had four different presales listed "Internet presale", "Facebook RSVP" presale and "Live Nation presale" and "Live nation mobile presale" but the only two that showed up on the page were "Live Nation Mobile" and "Internet presale" and we were magically know that "Internet" presale was for anything but the Live Nation Mobile presale.

I've never had this much trouble with a presale before. No matter who the presale was for.
    Last edited by mr9inchnail; 06-13-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Just an FYI for people attending this show, I'm looking at numbers and may be throwing a NIN bash pre & post show on the upper level of Real Sports. Will get back with more details when I have them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm just really hoping that myself and other real fans can get tickets tomorrow.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    Just an FYI for people attending this show, I'm looking at numbers and may be throwing a NIN bash pre & post show on the upper level of Real Sports. Will get back with more details when I have them.
    Try and get the booths with the taps built into the tables!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I long for the days of the spiral. Pre-sales were do much less frustrating then. I hope i have better luck tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Been so busy with work I totally forgot about buying tickets, and besides I don't sit at a desk I'm an electrician so I'm not by computer until 6 at night

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandora Spocks View Post
    I long for the days of the spiral. Pre-sales were do much less frustrating then. I hope i have better luck tomorrow.
    that was the only time i ever got an nin pre-sale ticket.
    also, not sure why the forums and the usual login were removed, i really liked that setup.

i know Trent isn't directly involved in the pre-sale stuff but hey, hes been involved in so many aspects of the band that i hope he reads some of the frustration with the pre-sales and somehow gets involved in that too.
    another thing about tickets, for some of us its nin pre-sale tickets or nothing, not because we refuse to attend these shows but because the nin pre-sale tickets are cheaper. not everyone can afford those massively inflated ticketmaster/live nation/stub hub prices and basically that means some hardcore fans just don't get to go.

it really does suck, this pre-sale did, and was probably the worse one by far.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The fuck is this bullshit?! The floors were sold out even before I could pick the tickets. I had me and my brother refreshing not only the website but the mobile app.

This is fucking stupid. Fucking ridiculous. Fuck you, Ticketmaster. I'm so fucking pissed! I am NOT paying a fucking scalper!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sigh. No GA Floor ticket for me. Ticketbastard's site is a bitch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    ^^^That is why I was so upset that the presales were fucked up yesterday because I knew there was no way I (or most other) was going to get a floor during the general public onsale. By this point all the floors are already taken because of the fucking seat holders at the ACC, not to mention they have an 8 ticket limit for the on sale today, so I bet you the scalpers are picking up 8 tickets a piece. Bullshit is right!
    I'm hoping that I can save enough money to buy a ticket from a reseller in a month or 2. I must have a floor for my birthday show!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I agree. I missed out on presale because I was too tired, but I was up and ready for public presale. Fucking shit was broken before it even started. Assholes. I'm going to contact Rob and tell him that I rather pay him $1000 than paying a scalper.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    good old section 120.

more than happy not to have to be pressed against sweaty people in GA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally success in getting tickets. Pre sales were were pure frustration . Happy to have tickets without having to pay inflated prices.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandora Spocks View Post
    Finally success in getting tickets. Pre sales were were pure frustration . Happy to have tickets without having to pay inflated prices.
    I agree with the frustration of the presale. Worst one I think I've ever been part of no matter who the tickets were for. But my GA floor presale tickets were cheaper than the tickets I had in my cart today and the closest tickets I could get today were section 118 row 9 (great seats don't get me wrong but I believe most people would prefer GA floors. I would anyway). Maybe other sections were inflated but I credit card was charged $111 for each GA ticket and today GA tickets were $118 through ticketmaster.ca.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was SOL in getting my Floor ticket. If anyone by some miracle has an extra floor ticket at any point in the next 4 months, please let me know!!! I haven't missed NIN perform in TO since 2005, and I really don't want to start now. But I can't justify spending that much money and getting stuck in a seat!
    I also very much miss the days of the Spiral presale... and all day lined up and meeting everyone... hoping that we'd get in to get a soundcheck or something!!!

Gah... please NIN universe... someone help me out???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have a section 121 row 17 ticket i don't need if anybody is interested. Would like face value for it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trish99 View Post
    I started at 9:55 with the Picnic password and although it worked and got me through to the verification screen, it then showed nothing available. Same thing for 4 or 5 tries, then magically at 10:01 tickets were available. I think even though the other passwords worked they weren't connecting to available tickets until 10:00 a.m. Still, there is nothing more frustrating than trying to get tickets electronically for any show in Toronto. See you all in Section 121! (Us old people like to have a seat available in case the excitement gets too much for our frail and fluttering hearts.)
    The same thing happened to me. It wasn't until the clock struck 10 that I was able to get something. I'll be up in the 300's!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    If anyone has a pair of GA/Floor tickets for sale, please don't hesitate to PM me! I would love to take it from your hands!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    chalk me up as another one looking for tickets. preferably floors

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I need a ticket. Preferably a floor. Please PM me.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Looking for one GA floor ticket...If you have an extra one, PM me.