Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.09.28 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Hey guys,

Heading to the show for the weekend, coming in on Friday. I've only been to Minneapolis once before, anything I should check out? I'm looking for more the local picks (cool clubs, eats, shops, stuff like that) not the touristy stuff. Any cool music/vinyl stores in the area?
    Make sure to hit The Electric Fetus in Mpls and Into The Void in St Paul for awesome local record shops. For food, I would definitely hit all three of these places for the best iconic Mpls meals: Micky's Diner (St Paul, very very near the Excel Center) and Matt's and Anchor Fish and Chips in Minneapolis. All cheap, all incredible, and all very much Minneapolis. While you're at Anchor be sure to head across the street to Dangerous Man Brewing for some super delicious, super fresh and very cheap local beer.

As far as clubs, try the Triple Rock, The Hexagon, or the CC Club, and as always, First Ave is king.

Shameless band plug:

https://soundcloud.com/fallenempire/...titled/s-qdbty
    https://facebook.com/fallenempiremusic

My band Fallen Empire was trying to book a show for the 27th, but to no avail. We're looking at getting some EITS folk and local friends to your studio instead. PM me if interested.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Wife and I were going to come for this Lex, but @NINfanatic82 is taking Amtrak from Michigan and is coming into town Friday evening and I have to get him from the station. Are you guys anywhere near the Amtrak station in Minneapolis?

A record shop called Into The Void... How the fuck have I not seen this?

I will second Matt's bar. Home of the Juicy Lucey. There has always been an argument between them and the 508 Bar over who was the original. Feel free to go test and see which one you like more, but Matt's is the best.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    In two weeks!!
    It'll be over.

If I come out the venue thinking it put LITS to shame, they'll have pulled off something fucking epic.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The Amtrak station is about 10.5 miles from my studio.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Hello again! I'd asked awhile ago and an initial offer fell through - does anyone have a spare GA Floor ticket available for this show? I did get myself a seated ticket awhile back, but I'd really love to see this show from the floor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wont be at this show ,but let the countdown begin , little over a week to go...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fuck yes less than 1 week to go. I've got a question for people who been to this venue before. I've got my ticket but it's for section 220 which is the side of the stage and was wondering if they will be making sure people are in their proper seats or do i have a chance of wandering to a better section or the ability to get on the floor when the lights go out when NIN takes the stage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone received email instructions from the presale about picking up tickets

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Nope. You'd think that would arrive soon, huh?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    For HTDA, Modlife sent the e-mail 5 days before my Vegas show. I'm sure something will pop up before Thursday.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It looks like for the NIN.com tickets there are no printed tickets for this event; it's will-call only.

Does anybody have any idea where the entrance will be for the NIN.com ticket holders?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Below are the ticket check-in instructions for the St. Paul Nine Inch Nails show at the Xcel Energy Center on Saturday, September 28, 2013.

XCEL ENERGY CENTER ADDRESS:
    199 West Kellogg Blvd.
    Saint Paul, MN 55102
    (651) 265-4800

· TICKET CHECK-IN / EARLY ENTRY LOCATION: GATE ONE - IMMEDIATE ENTRY REQUIRED UPON CHECK-IN.
    The Will Call table will be inside the Gate One lobby. Go to the Gate One entrance and then to the far right door inside the main lobby. Gate One is the arena’s Southeast Entrance on Kellogg Blvd and also the lobby where the main box office is located.

There will be signage and staff, including a nin.com representative, on site to direct you. Attached is a map for reference.

· TICKET CHECK-IN BEGINS AT 5:30PM

· NIN.COM MEMBER PRESALE EARLY DOORS OPEN AT 6:45PM

· DOORS TO THE PUBLIC OPEN AT 7:00PM

We strongly urge you to arrive early to avoid a long wait and missing any of the show. To pick up your tickets, you MUST show a valid GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO I.D. that matches the NAME printed on your tickets. Please make sure your guest is with you at the time of ticket pickup as they will not be able to pick up the ticket without you and will need to enter with you. Immediate entry is required upon checking-in. Once you are checked in, there are no ‘”ins” and “outs.”

TICKETS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE. THERE WILL BE NO WILL CALL NAME CHANGES OR TICKET TRANSFERS ALLOWED.

As a reminder, please heed the nin.com ticketing terms:

· Immediate entry required upon checking-in.
    · You cannot check-in unless your entire party is with you and you cannot hand/assign your tickets to someone else.
    · Your tickets will have your name printed on them and you must show matching valid government-issued photo I.D. at the venue in order to pick up your tickets.
    · Your tickets are non-transferrable and the will call name must match the name on your nin.com account - there will be no will call name changes.
    · Violation of these terms will result in the forfeiture of your tickets without a refund.

A tour merchandise stand will open at 5:00PM, weather permitting, outside the venue for those looking to purchase merchandise with time to place it in their vehicle or elsewhere before entering the show. In addition to regular tour merchandise, there will be a limited number of art posters only available for sale at this location (not inside the venue) with a limit of one art poster per customer.

Thank you and enjoy the show!

The nin.com Member Pre-Sale Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ha, i hadn't realized this is the first show of the tour. won't have to worry about spoilers i guess! i'm pretty excited. the weekend can't get here fast enough! sounds like rain all day though which will suck although the lobby is pretty big inside inside the X so hopefully they will let people queue inside.

hopefully they can set up the merch stand inside too. although the email does say it will be outside weather permitting...
    Last edited by hagcel; 09-25-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hagcel View Post
    sounds like rain all day though which will suck although the lobby is pretty big inside inside the X so hopefully they will let people queue inside.
    I typically don't believe weather reports which are even 24 hours out, to say nothing of the weekend. I remain optimistic!

(And, while I'm posting - I'd still love to get my hands on a spare GA ticket, if anyone's got one!)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'll worry about the weather that afternooon- and honestly who gives a shit (outside of the merch booth anyways), the show is indoors.

I remember the forecast for Lolla this year the whole week and the day of. HA!!!- what a joke that was, ended up being great out that day and night.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Anyone know if St. Paul/Xcel has a curfew?...

I though it did, and it was 11:00. If EITS goes on at 8:00 for 45 minutes, NIN at 9:15-9:30 then- less than 2 hours. that doesn't sound right. I'd expect NIN to play at least 2 hours.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Anyone know if St. Paul/Xcel has a curfew?... I though it did, and it was 11:00.
    Hm, I don't know for sure, though here's one reference which implies they might not have a curfew: blah blah hockey. Though there could certainly be different rules depending on the kind of event, a rock show would have more sonic bleed.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Hm, I don't know for sure, though here's one reference which implies they might not have a curfew: blah blah hockey. Though there could certainly be different rules depending on the kind of event, a rock show would have more sonic bleed.
    Thanks. I googled it a bit earlier and the only thing of note that came up was "weekends lasted an hour longer." So, assuming that it would be a midnight curfew. EITS starts at 8:00 and plays for :45-1:00, NIN set up is no later than 9:30 and can last til midnight.

That seems to make the most sense. (NIN on for at least 2 hours)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think you're giving too much time to the opener. If they play 30 or 45 min tops, then give the crew 30 minutes to change the set, with NIN starting at 9ish. I'll be thrilled if they play 2 hours, but am not expecting it. As I recall from the past 30 shows I've seen, they seem to play less than 24 songs with a run time of 100 to 110 min, just under 2 full hours. None of the festival shows ran 2 hours this year too. I'm sure we'll all leave "satisfied"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2013.09.28 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center

Anyone knows if they are here in St. Paul already?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My guess is that they get here today. If you plan on stalking them, try the airport baggage claim or the Children's Museum. Or if you are looking for Rob, try the Science Museum. I bet the other members of the band head to Senor Wong's at some point

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Heh, or, really, given that it's the first show of a new tour tomorrow, try at the arena where they're probably putting out millions of last-minute fires and being extremely grumpy at each other.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    33 hours 15 minutes and 16 seconds. . . .

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    See ya guys there!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm sure I could find this info somewhere, but I'm at work..so I'll ask here: Anyone know what the smoking policy is for this venue? Permissable to smoke inside or no dice?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    I'm sure I could find this info somewhere, but I'm at work..so I'll ask here: Anyone know what the smoking policy is for this venue? Permissable to smoke inside or no dice?
    Not sure if serious. I'm pretty sure you can't smoke in the venue, but they may have a dedicated smoking area/room. I'm sure people will be lighting up all sorts of stuff during the show.

It's 2013 dude.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    no smoking at xcel energy center. I don't think there are any indoor venues that still allows smoking. not in MN that I know of anyway...

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    No smoking in the Xcel... lol. Sure, it is a rule, but you can get away with it whether you have floor or seats. We smoke all kinds of shit in the Xcel. 24 hours from now... I will be outside the Xcel handing out free NIN Still CDs and T-shirts. I also have a couple of great NIN rarities that I will be packing up and hiding around the Xcel and dropping hints here. If you miss it, just look for a big guy with a big beard wearing an ETS shirt. Probably a bit drunk and obnoxious. Please don't be offended if I end up throwing a shirt at you, these things will all happen in the morning. Quick show of hands who I will be standing in the re-sale line with all day? I look forward to meeting some of you. I know a lot of people who will be there. @NINfanatic82, go bitch-slap the Michigan court system and get your ass to MN. You have about 18 hours. Get over here! If you end up not making it and I end up not being able to sell your ticket, I will give it away to an ETSer for free. Tension bitches!!! Lets do this!!! Alex, wife and I will be there tonight. Bringing a couple of friends with me if that is ok.
    Last edited by heavenly_bearded; 09-27-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Looks like TM released some GA tickets if anyone is interested.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Looks like TM released some GA tickets if anyone is interested.
    Oh, you are my hero for mentioning that! Excellent, GA it is for me.

Er, in related news: I now have a spare seated ticket available, in case anyone's looking to NOT be in GA and needs a ticket still. In the "first" tier of seating, I assume it's a better seat than you'd be able to get otherwise right now, section 114, row 19, seat 17. I'll ask $80 for it, an $18.50 savings compared to what it'd cost you online with fees and such. A bit late for mailing it, we'd have to just meet up at the venue, I assume. (Claimed)
    Last edited by xolotl; 09-27-2013 at 07:47 PM.