Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW SINGLE: Came Back Haunted

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This sounds like it could be from Pretty Hate Machine. Fucking awesome!!! Welcome back NIN <3

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    y'all see this?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, sounds like "Only" mixed with aspects from Year Zero ("Discipline"). Not revolutionary but good work. By the way, they have also uploaded the complete collection of the NIN singles on Soundcloud. Are they planning a CD/vinyl release of this? https://soundcloud.com/nineinchnails...in-the-singles

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Oh lord yes, I love it! The single really sounds like something from WT with an added PHM-vibe to it. It is reminiscent of discipline but way more mature and layered. If this is any indication of what the whole album will sound like then count me the fuck in! Love it!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Surely a moratorium has been placed on ending a song abruptly on the word "stop." It's the slightly less troubled sibling of "I'm too sexy for this song."

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The song is interesting. I wouldn't spin it every day but it seems it'll be great listen from any perspective — a rock album, a synth-pop album depending on what one wants to hear. And damn you trolls for i kept reading all the topic till i had to really hurry to work and forgot my sunglasses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was so sad when I read the official radio airing is going to be at 8.30. pm here. Yay for youtube. Now I'm dancing in my chair at work!

YAY NEW NIN!

(even the advert was great before the video - Dior wirh Behind the wheel by Depeche Mode

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    It's funny how everybody picks up different similarities! For me it sounds like a cross between PHM and WT sounds. But whatever, that's unimportant.

On repeated listenings, I like it. It's pretty catchy. And personally I like that it's different than what he's been doing with HTDA and the soundtracks, I may have gotten a bit fatigued if it was similar to these. But now the album could be anything and this gets me excited!
    Last edited by Alexandros; 06-06-2013 at 02:27 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    y'all see this?

The 192kbps VBR AAC sounds much better than the 128kbps mp3. Now I'm going to wait for the download later today.
    Last edited by cynicmuse; 06-06-2013 at 02:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    don't really like it, that chorus is cheesy as fuck

nice to hear the downward spiral at the end though

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I was going to weigh in with my opinion on this song, but I think it's better I don't. I like it, but I'm not puking all over myself with happiness, so why should I piss on someone's parade.

It's a great pop song with an awesome breakdown towards the end.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

NEW SINGLE: Came Back Haunted

I might be way too tired but... At the end of the video when it says nin.com.... BOTH of the n's are backwards. Is that a first?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    I might be way too tired but... At the end of the video when it says nin.com.... BOTH of the n's are backwards. Is that a first?
    I noticed that as well, I don't think I've seen it done officially like that

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think that's just the way the font works.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    That's just mimicking the style they've done forever, isn't it? Though I think you're right, they've never advertised nin.com like that, probably because it's a web address and noobs might actually put backwards n's in the address bar.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Song sounded weird at first and I wasn't sure if I liked it. On 4th listen. What idiot was I 20 minutes ago? This is fucking incredible...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I hear "Non Entity" similarities. Anyway I like it very much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I feel the same way about this song as I've felt about the past few releases. IDK... Every time Trent says he wants to do something new but he sounds like he's still using similar structures and chords.

The song seems a little lazy to me... I know it will grow on me but his work has been lacking a certain polish writing wise while the production sound wise is amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like it. It's incredibly catchy.

Found myself wondering how it would sound live with someone else contributing such as Bowie. We can dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've literally been lying in bed not being able to sleep all night. Boy am I glad I got up to dick around on the internet.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    they've never advertised nin.com like that
    Yes, they did. See WT-era vids.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I think I hear some "Hot Chip" Influence in this track. I know Trent listens to them, he has them "liked" under his musican tastes on facebook.

Asside from that, it has a "The Hand That Feeds" feel to it muscially, as well.

The track gets better the more you hear it, and if i'm not crazy, I think I even hear some guitar parts from TDS / Further Down The Spiral at 4:35 of the extended version of the song. Speaking of which, the extended version is a million times better than the radio edit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm a huge NIN's fanboy. Been a fan since the mid 90s. I mostly love everything Trent does, I think his last works (the scores for Fincher and HTDA's album) are awesome and easily among his best stuff. But after listening to this song on repeat for the last few hours, I have to honestly accept that I've never felt more dissapointed with a NIN's single in my whole life, it's really really bad.

Deep, Kinda I want To, That's What I Get, Starfuckers, Maybe Just Once, Discipline, Getting Smaller... All those songs that some people use to bring as "NIN's worse shit" are fucking masterpieces compared to this (and I actually like all of those songs a lot).

Some of the music is almost ok, but that chorus... I just can't stand the lyrics nor his voice on that chorus. I hope to change my mind when the album is out, but I feel soooo fucking depressed right now.

I also don't like the cover, I think they should have used just one of those images, I hope they do it with the album artwork and that it looks much better. I also HATE the use of TDS's font, if they use it in the album I'll be really mad, I hope they are not trying to sell this as "TDS 2.0" or something like that, that could be the lamest thing that Trent has ever done.

Yeah, I know, I'll ask the mods to change my nick. XD I was listening to Nirvana's "On A Plain" when I chose it, my bad. XD
    Last edited by Max Leo; 06-06-2013 at 03:27 AM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Blackmarquis View Post
    Yes, sounds like "Only" mixed with aspects from Year Zero ("Discipline"). Not revolutionary but good work. By the way, they have also uploaded the complete collection of the NIN singles on Soundcloud. Are they planning a CD/vinyl release of this? https://soundcloud.com/nineinchnails...in-the-singles
    The Good Soldier was a single?

Also why is the artwork for Into The Void and Starfuckers the cover for The Fragile?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedigs View Post
    20+ listens in. This is great. Can't help but think it could be a year one album? The lyrics fit.
    stop with the year zero shit pleazzzzzz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The song was actually pretty fucking good!! 2013 is indeed going to be the best year in music for a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    By the way, they have also uploaded the complete collection of the NIN singles on Soundcloud. Are they planning a CD/vinyl release of this? https://soundcloud.com/nineinchnails...in-the-singles

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's good. Thank fuck.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danebraddy View Post
    I noticed that as well, I don't think I've seen it done officially like that
    I'm pretty sure you've seen this already:

edit: I like the single btw. Thanks everybody, I had a lot of fun reading this thread at 2AM local time.
    Last edited by arsenic; 06-06-2013 at 03:40 AM.