Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coachella 2014

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Coachella 2014

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I live 20 minutes from the venue but I think I'll pass this year. Saturday's lineup looks the best but it's not worth $300. Sorry, Coachella. I'll just watch you streaming.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I'd like to see Outkast, The Replacements, The Knife, Afghan Whigs, Glitch Mob, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Queens of the Stone Age, Nas, Mogwai, DARKSIDE, Foxygen, Dismemberment Plan, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Disclosure, Motorhead, and Superchunk... But I've had a lot of things that I've needed to pay for lately, and Coachella is expensive (and draining).

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This is the lineup?? Very lackluster Imo.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The lineup isn't really THAT bad. I don't see how it's different from any other year. I won't be attending, but most of the bands I would want to see are playing headlining shows here within the next 4 months anyway.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    wait, you guys are complaining about the lineup????? it looks incredible! so good, the wife is even considering going, and she HATES festivals

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Depends on the person. Last years lineup for me kicked this ones ass as far as who I wanted to see out of the three days.. this one is just meh to me.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Plenty to see. I'm pot committed anyway.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I like the lineup, not blown away by it, my biggest concern is the bands on the second lines, are many of those acts that popular? I love The Knife, but billed second? Broken Bells? Chromeo? Foster the People? Lana Del Rey? I'm going to enjoy it either way, but there are some head scratchers for sure.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This beats last year. I thought I was losing touch with the pulse when I saw last years line up(I still don't know who Phoenix is). I can handle this year.

The fact that I can See Beck, Fishbone and Motorhead on the same day is great.
    Last edited by Broadbent; 01-09-2014 at 10:05 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The acts I want to see are Outkast, Beck, Motorhead (I'd hate to be the acts following them), Arcade Fire, QOSTA, the Knife, the Replacements, Bryan Ferry, Neko Case, MGMT, Mogwai, Warpaint, Chvrches, the Pet Shop Boys, Disclosure, and Neutral Milk Hotel. That is if I have any money to go there.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Pretty solid. Im concerned though. This is the first year Ive heard of virtually none of the acts on the bottom 3 lines for every single day.....Am I not cool ?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I'd only go to Day 2. If I lived in California, I mean.
    1 & 3 are really disappointing.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I don't get this personally.

Maybe people are going to lose their shit when a couple guys in robot costumes walk on stage while Pharrell sings "Get Lucky" (sorry, spoiler alert), but the lineup seems to be just as good as day 1.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Totally with you on this one. Day one is shit in my opinion.. I would only be interested in seeing AFI and The Glitch Mob. If you could merge the top three lines from Day 2 and 3.. that would be one epic time right there.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Like I mentioned before, I live about 20 minutes from the venue. I think this is the most solid lineup in years. There are some bands that are indeed head scratchers (I'm looking at you LDR) but overall a decent lineup. Notably absent is NIN on the bill. I'll be catching the web cast.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I don't get this personally.

Maybe people are going to lose their shit when a couple guys in robot costumes walk on stage while Pharrell sings "Get Lucky" (sorry, spoiler alert), but the lineup seems to be just as good as day 1.
    I'm not into Pharrell at all.
    What I actually was attracted to: Muse, QOTSA, Pet Shop Boys, Churches, Mogwai.

From day 1 I would really like to see The Khife (whose Shanking the Habitual show I sadly missed at festival last summer due to a clash with Franz Ferdinand) and Bonobo. And from the Day 3 the artist I like the most is Bombino. I not that much into Arcade Fife, it wouldn't hurt me to skip them.

Of course I would also have to check a couple of songs from another 50 smaller bands from that I've never head in my life. That would add another candidate or two.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    you guys don't like The Replacements or The Afghan Whigs?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    People still care about AFI?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    you guys don't like The Replacements or The Afghan Whigs?
    If there's any justice in the world, those two bands will play one right after the other. I've longed to see The Mats for so long and it looks like I'll achieve that. I also saw Afghan Whigs in Austin back in 2012 for ACL and a stand alone show and they're still phenomenal after all these years. Father Dulli is going to preach to the crowd on that Friday.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I actually thought day one was by far the best day.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Since I am not going to Coachella and I live in the Coachella valley, I think I'll hit some of the parties.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm going, all the way from the midwest! Ha.
    Looking forward to all of the classic alt-rock. Ha.
    Ha.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    so did you guys watch outkast last night?
    fucking Andre's mic was fucked up the whole time.
    and there was WAY too much big boi playing big boi songs and andre playing andre songs.
    i'm very disappointed and i damn sure don't expect an album from these two.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    so did you guys watch outkast last night?
    fucking Andre's mic was fucked up the whole time.
    and there was WAY too much big boi playing big boi songs and andre playing andre songs.
    i'm very disappointed and i damn sure don't expect an album from these two.
    Yes. It's was the most crowded I have ever seen the main stage, including Radiohead. It emptied out 1/2 way through, but not enough. It still got stuff in the parking lot for two fucking hours. The Knife was pretty avant garde. Diving in for another day.

As for OutKast, they sounded good to me. Their double album was basically two solo albums so frankly, that their thing. Really tight, no BS between songs like most rap bands. Neko Case so much time in between songs it was a bit annoying but she makes up for it because she so dam adorable. I'm also a Haim fan now since they jammed to Fleetwood Mac's Oh well. They were great.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Yes. It's was the most crowded I have ever seen the main stage, including Radiohead. It emptied out 1/2 way through, but not enough. It still got stuff in the parking lot for two fucking hours. The Knife was pretty avant garde. Diving in for another day.

As for OutKast, they sounded good to me. Their double album was basically two solo albums so frankly, that their thing. Really tight, no BS between songs like most rap bands. Neko Case so much time in between songs it was a bit annoying but she makes up for it because she so dam adorable. I'm also a Haim fan now since they jammed to Fleetwood Mac's Oh well. They were great.
    I heard the traffic jam was awful to get out, did everyone stay for Outkast? The only time I remember seeing the main stage at full capacity was when we saw Dre and Snoop there, Did Outkast beat them attendance wise?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I'm not too sure about all that. I know my sister didn't stay for Outkast's whole set. Some guy that I'm "hanging out" with is a chauffeur for Coachella and he said that there was some sort of riot there, but I can't confirm it. If I don't go to the "official" after party tonight, then I'm gonna stay in and watch my hometown boys, QOTSA on webcast.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    webcast has been good. wye oak, bonobo, girl talk and outkast were all good last night. future islands and chvrches and lorde surprisingly have been good so far today.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    I heard the traffic jam was awful to get out, did everyone stay for Outkast? The only time I remember seeing the main stage at full capacity was when we saw Dre and Snoop there, Did Outkast beat them attendance wise?
    I feel all y'alls pain with this traffic jam everyone keeps talking about. I'll never forget sitting in my car in the same spot in stand still traffic for THREE FUCKING HOURS after Radiohead in St Louis back in 2008. Didn't make it back to KC until like 5 or 6 in the morning.