Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Radiohead

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    extremely strong and beautiful album. it really blends the sound of in rainbows with the darker tone of king of limbs. it's leaps and bounds more approachable than king of limbs was at first listen tho imo.

two thumbs up for the amount of strings and piano they used. this deep orchestral layering is impressive.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    A Moon Shaped Pool is wonderful.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I just can't believe I'm hearing a studio version of True Love Waits

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I got a 16 bit download when I bought special edition box set
    Album is absolutely beatiful.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Can anyone work out what the two bonus tracks are looking at the enlarged image of the second cd?

https://amsp.wasteheadquarters.com/c...pecial-edition

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    First song is "Spectre", no idea what the second one is. "B Wild"? "8 Word"?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Is it called A Word?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Or "A Wind"? Maybe it's something we've never heard before. Somebody suggested "A Word" could be an alternate title for "Cut a Hole".

I have to say, "True Love Waits" was worth the 21-year gestation period.
    Last edited by botley; 05-08-2016 at 07:08 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just downloaded the album. Gonna give it a spin.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    A Moon Shaped Pool is obviously a solid 8/10. Also, that alphabetical track order works really really well. This LP is wonderful.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I enjoyed it more than i thought i would!
    Can't rate it yet, but the album is a good listen, i will be buying!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Ordered the vinyl, the foil cover art looks ace and hopefully it will be cut from a more dynamic master than the digital formats :}

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    A Moon Shaped Pool is obviously a solid 8/10. Also, that alphabetical track order works really really well. This LP is wonderful.
    Alphabetical track order, interesting.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Pretty good album. I'd say the first half is stronger than the second half, but overall I really enjoyed it. The orchestral arrangements are fantastic.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    please please please tour with the London Contemporary Orchestra (they did the strings on the album)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    As of right now....

1. OK Computer
    2. The Bends
    3. Kid A
    4. In Rainbows
    5. A Moon Shaped Pool
    6. Amnesiac
    7. Hail to the Thief
    8. The King of Limbs
    9. Pablo Honey

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    how can you rate this album compared to others after you've only heard it a handful of listens?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I noticed Radiohead's releases are no longer on Qobuz.com
    I do know they're re-releasing their previous albums on vinyl soon, let's hope we get their whole back catalog in 24 bit!
    It would be amazing to get the collector's/expanded editions with all of the b-sides/extra tracks for each album in HD lossless.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Album is gorgeous and already my favorite since Hail to the Thief (one of my top 3 RH albums). And I really liked In Rainbows and King of Limbs. Premature evaluation of course.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    how can you rate this album compared to others after you've only heard it a handful of listens?
    Well, it was the immediacy of it as I got hooked in after the third song and just let it flow. I got sucked into it after that. In Rainbows did the same impact on me when it first came out.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    dont get me wrong, the thoughts bounced in my head comparing to other albums. but more in terms of sound/tone/etc similarities and differences.

im always surprised how quickly number rating and rankings come after albums are dropped.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So that album title.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    But it does seem digital is NOT part of Vinyl/CD package, but it is in special edition, together with piece of master tape. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Yeah, same with the CD, I'd gladly order it but the lack of digital download bundle is a terrible oversight...
    320kbit MP3 or 16-bit WAV of the 11 track album available to download now
    that's what it says as one of the descriptors for the special edition, so it's weird that they didn't extend that to the normal physical editions.

oh, and free shipping to the US for the special edition? thank you very much

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    that's what it says as one of the descriptors for the special edition, so it's weird that they didn't extend that to the normal physical editions.

oh, and free shipping to the US for the special edition? thank you very much
    'ang on, free?? I had to pay £3!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    So that album title.
    It's the first lyric in "Identikit"

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 02:35 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    It's the first lyric in "Identikit"
    Right, I suppose I should have threw in a "why?" rather than implying a "where?"

Given the lack of (direct) title track and prevalent lyrical themes, it's a headscratcher title for me. Previous titles without title tracks make some level of sense (mostly...) in relation to themes. I'm just not seeing what the metaphor (I assume) is representing.

Maybe it will make sense whenever we get the final lyrics of Identikit. The lines following the title are slurred pretty well.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm gonna make a little confession here. Outside of a handful of singles (and I do mean maybe 4-5 songs, most of which I'm not even sure I could name), and the first chunk of 'In Rainbows,' which I listened to one time in 2007, I don't think I've ever really listened to a Radiohead album or looked into them at all. I was only really aware of their reputation, as well as that of Thom Yorke, his other projects, and a little about Jonny Greenwood.

Then I started seeing all the buzz being generated around the new album - especially the social media white-out. That was something I thought was kind of interesting, so I thought "fuck it, I'll follow this." I saw all the positive reception for "Burn the Witch" and "Daydreaming," and just this morning I decided I'd watch both videos, knowing next to nothing about either song. Holy shit, I am super on board with this. Today's my last day of unemployment before I start a new job, and there's a good chance I'm gonna spend it with A Moon Shaped Pool on a loop all afternoon after ordering that beautiful special edition LP. I can't wait to look into this band some more.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Random story time. I ran a music store (yay retail.) for about 8 years back in the day and on the day Amnesiac dropped I was playing it in the store. Some bro was looking around with his friend while 'You and Whose Army' was playing...he sarcastically says "Pfft, this guy sounds like he's trapped in a box underwater." Obviously trying to say it as a slight, but all I could reply with as I was in the next aisle was "Holy shit, that's an awesome description!" He was bewildered lol.