Thread: Destiny

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Warlock, Hunter or Titan?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Warlock, Hunter or Titan?
    I'm a Warlock. Too soon for me to give a detailed description of it though. Lvl 2.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I'm a Warlock. Too soon for me to give a detailed description of it though. Lvl 2.
    In the beta I used (and leveled to 8) a Hunter and a Warlock. Never played as Titan. Prefer the look of the Hunter but love the Warlock skills...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Level 17 blade dancer right now. Because i subclassed my tree was blank. Had to learn to double jump again.

I have some badass legendary weapons and armor i earned from topping out in the crucible. Doing well in crucible puts you ahead for sure.

Bladedancer is awesome. The blade superpower just has you zipping around the screen fucking people up, i love it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just ran my first strike. Holy shit that was tough. Got some got loot from it though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I haven't played my copy yet so, ETSers....

How broken is the Crucible matchmaking with level ranking?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I haven't played my copy yet so, ETSers....

How broken is the Crucible matchmaking with level ranking?
    I've been getting destroyed, mostly. My guess is the difference in weapons and armor. Quite a few lvl 20s with good gear. I'm lvl 10. Decent gear, but hardly enough to really make a difference on their armor. Some definitely take longer to bring down than others.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I've been getting destroyed, mostly. My guess is the difference in weapons and armor. Quite a few lvl 20s with good gear. I'm lvl 10. Decent gear, but hardly enough to really make a difference on their armor. Some definitely take longer to bring down than others.
    They seriously need to sort that out. I don't understand how that'd be any fun for either side, honestly.

I'm a level 3 Hunter now so yeah I'd get mopped up.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    What? Iron banner isnt up yet so everything should be even.

Hkw do you levek past 20

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    What? Iron banner isnt up yet so everything should be even.

Hkw do you levek past 20
    20 is the max, which is hilarious.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Doesn't end at 20 though. Usual MMO end game type stuff, I think. You won't get xp, but you'll still get something. Like how FFXIV works. Hit the max, but continue to upgrade your armor and stats.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    You get light motes or something that can take you upwards to 30 I think. It's just not experience-based after 20.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    All of these choices Bungie have made, a lot of which have been controversial, are fascinating. They've really put a lot of thought into each of them - level cap, only playing raids with friends, rare loot drops. They all make perfect sense when it comes down to playing the game for fun.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Wait, a blade dancers weapon is a blade? Or am I reading that wrong?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I hate games like this that don't have matchmaking for the story/campaign missions. They just assume you have friends to play with all the time.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Wait, a blade dancers weapon is a blade? Or am I reading that wrong?
    In the same way that the gunslinger gets a golden gun, bladedancer gets a blue blade, goes into third person, and kicks some ass.

At level 20 now. Lots of grinding for going upwards. haven't even finished the story. and there are heroic missions now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i was getting lit up in the Crucible as a level 6 Warlock.... was very hard to fight level 20's..

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Beat the Moon strike mission last night after work with a few friends. Taking down Phogoth was quite a lengthy battle, but totally having a blast.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Do you guys have a list of PSN Names you use? Mine is Kodiak33 (same as here). I don't get the opportunity to play very much, but feel free to add me.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    so i guess after level 20, certain pieces of armor have an attribute called "light" like "+45 light" and wearing enough of those increases your effective level, after filling a meter.
    Im 21. and theres still a lot to do! going from 20 to 21 is a very long gap

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    there's teleport!?!?!?!?!?

ok, picking it up. Sage really did put in a lot of ShadowRun elements. FUck he should have went all out on the SR influence.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    someone tell me: can you level up playing just PVP? what's the fastest way to level 20?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    someone tell me: can you level up playing just PVP? what's the fastest way to level 20?
    Yeah, you can.

Any single player level or strike mission with Hard difficulty selected.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Took me and my two friends like 25 minutes solid to kill Riksis. What a bitch he was.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'd run through the story missions. I got some pretty good loot from the earth strike mission. Well worth it until you hit 20. I'm taking my time with lvling though. I'm perfectly fine with just enjoying myself and going at whatever pace it takes. I really need to step up my crucible gameplay though. My reaction time is awful.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    My reaction time is awful.
    Has jackshit to do with reaction. I'm a pretty good FPS player whom usually gets the kill on Battlefield games. This game tries so hard to balance weapons and gameplay but it still hasn't mastered it. I get mowed down by anyone over my level, it's not really fair really. Anyone under my level I pretty much kill usually. I'm level 11 now.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    In my case, I'm the guy who freezes when I end up in a situation and ends up not being able to aim for shit. They're able to react and aim much better and quicker than I can.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Looks like there is some upcoming events coming throughout the month starting tomorrow: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...vents-revealed

Lol I am taking my sweet time just a lvl 8 at the moment still on Old Russia doing some bounties and what not. Better get some more playing time this weekend.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by Tums206_BFY View Post
    Looks like there is some upcoming events coming throughout the month starting tomorrow: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...vents-revealed

Lol I am taking my sweet time just a lvl 8 at the moment still on Old Russia doing some bounties and what not. Better get some more playing time this weekend.
    I seen and there's also a vendor at the Tower who will be selling extremely rare and exotic gear who will ONLY be in game on weekends.

My character is finally getting to be decent as well. I still need better weapons. Got a rare chest piece and helmet finally though.

Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-12-2014 at 08:17 AM.