Page 27 of 528 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 527 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

That was before he outed himself. I seem to remember that his first post (which was deleted by mods before they knew he had a login) was a thread encouraging people to send hate mail to John Malm.

And the shit storm he got into with Dillon and Clouser was also deleted.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    LOL "Fuck you Saturnine"

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Thank you, @allegro !

Ah teitan... the sarcasim™ was strong with this one.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Incendiary Lover View Post
    YES! I was just thinking about this the other day, and was unable to find it. I think there was a NIN v. KMFDM and possibly NIN v. Pig.... while fairly certain Steve White did some remixes for TR, still not sure which album they would be on.
    KMFDM's "Light" had a remix called the "Fat Back Dub mix" by NIN, if i'm remembering the title correctly. i've got it floating around somewhere.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: Random NIN Thoughts

Yeah, it's available on the Light single and Extra volume 2.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    http://instagram.com/p/So7zGxqE1w/

http://blog.califaudio.com/2010/05/h...ers-wired.html

I was hoping the see the same floor, looks like it, but I think it's not. Josh's pic shows a more aged floor.
    Last edited by witte; 11-29-2012 at 11:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just realised that come april it'll be the same length of time between then and year zero as with teeth and the fragile. Really doesn't seem that long when he's releasing several projects a year, I guess.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthebear View Post
    I just realised that come april it'll be the same length of time between then and year zero as with teeth and the fragile. Really doesn't seem that long when he's releasing several projects a year, I guess.
    But YZ wasn't the last NIN album...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    The Fragile wasn't the last NIN release before With Teeth either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Yeah that's the point. The same length of time seems shorter in nin-terms when more stuff is released.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Basically, Trent is a funny fucking dude, and we wish he would goof around here more often.
    I'll never forget when someone compared (some Year Zero song?) to KMFDM and he got SO PISSED that someone compared anything he did to "KMFD-fucking-M" or however he worded it.
    I remember that. Trent said something like "The day I rip off Sascha is a sad fucking day indeed." I seem to remember it happening on the NIN forums?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^didn't it start 'you.. go fuck yourself..now' ?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    ^^didn't it start 'you.. go fuck yourself..now' ?
    lol Possibly.

I was recently wondering how the NIN forums were holding up these days...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trentel rezfarb View Post
    You: go fuck yourself. Now. The day I steal something from KMFD-Fucking-M is a sad fucking day indeed. Call up Sasha and have him sue me if you feel that strongly about it, meanwhile let everyone have some goddamned fun without you pissing on the parade.
    (it was on the wiki)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    in that neogaf post, they mention trent busting someone for talking about a year zero sampler. is a link to those posts available?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    today, i listened to Year Zero all the way through for the first time since...2008? i still don't love it, but i like it way more than i did back when it came out, and i think i've narrowed down my distaste for the album: trent's vocals.

now, i understand he was trying to portray characters, and i usually love his voice, but i can't stand the majority of his vocals on the album. they feel goofy and out of place, and it makes me uncomfortable to listen to some of the songs. and i hate feeling that way. the majority of the instrumental work is FANTASTIC, and i love the sound he was going for, and think he did a fantastic job. i also love the story and ARG that surround the album, as it makes the music a much more visceral experience.

anyway, i've finally figured out why, after so many years, year zero just doesn't sit well with me. i love the music, don't like most of the vocals, and still can't stand Capital G.

has anyone constructed a fully instrumental version of the album using the multi-tracks?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    has anyone constructed a fully instrumental version of the album using the multi-tracks?
    yes. it's downloadable via remix.nin.com. you'll find it under "featured" playlists. trent uploaded them himself.
    Last edited by r_z; 12-04-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I love the fact that Trent is billed fourth on the Sound City poster etc. - above Rick Rubin and members of Fleetwood Mac and Nirvana.
    Either he contributed a lot to the film or Dave Grohl has a tonne of respect for him

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Random NIN Thoughts

Because he knows Trent is a money maker.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    today, i listened to Year Zero all the way through for the first time since...2008? i still don't love it, but i like it way more than i did back when it came out, and i think i've narrowed down my distaste for the album: trent's vocals.

now, i understand he was trying to portray characters, and i usually love his voice, but i can't stand the majority of his vocals on the album. they feel goofy and out of place, and it makes me uncomfortable to listen to some of the songs. and i hate feeling that way. the majority of the instrumental work is FANTASTIC, and i love the sound he was going for, and think he did a fantastic job. i also love the story and ARG that surround the album, as it makes the music a much more visceral experience.

anyway, i've finally figured out why, after so many years, year zero just doesn't sit well with me. i love the music, don't like most of the vocals, and still can't stand Capital G.

Trent's had instrumental versions of every song off YZ on remix.nin.com for years.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Trent's had instrumental versions of every song off YZ on remix.nin.com for years.
    i honestly don't think i've visited the site since it first opened. i had no idea! thanks, guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The older I get, the harder I find it to relate to anything prior to Awitha Teetha. I still enjoy the albums, I just can't get into them like I could when I was such an angsty teenager mad at the world.

I know TDS has an instrumental version, but if we ever get a TF instrumental, I might be able to die happy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ^^^ I had that exact thought today. Not that it's harder to relate to pre-2005 NIN, but my situation right now has me directly relating to all the themes dealt with on WT.

Also, A Mix Of All That There Ever Was is immense and amazing! I can't believe it took me this long to listen to a single disc in full. On to the next two!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    got the scoops of trent recording the next nin video hope u enjoy

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    ^^^
    That looks like a How To Destroy Angels video to me

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It was hard for me to actually NOT see that as TR at first.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'd probably figure HTDA as Trent's finest project to date if all the videos were filled with flailing, ludicrously un-co-ordinated dancing in the style of early Prodigy videos.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    aaaaand again i'm browsing the tattoo thread on nin.com and I haven't found a single one that looks good..

edit: the worst ones are the Slip artwork tattoos.. ugh.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I don't know why, but I kept staring at this image for an unnecessary long period of time; got touched by some death angst, age angst, time flies reflections, and concluded that Olivia Newton John still looks pretty dishy and fully bangable.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    i cant tell if travoltas wallet chain is part of a costume or if he actually wears one