Page 151 of 528 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,530 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don't know, PHM is quite pleasant to ears and the live versions of the songs are way too aggressive :P

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Doubtful that anyone was following him in those days, but Trent did say that when they were doing some early touring (probably Lollapalooza in 1991), people who went out and bought the album were disappointed with the somewhat neutered (to their ears) sound of the album as opposed to the way the music was being presented live at that time. So, you see, we NIN fans have been a bunch of butt-hurt malcontents right from the beginning, LOL.
    I can't believe that I forgot about that as I've seen the actual interview of him mentioning that before. (I just can't seem to find it again, though.) Thank you for reminding me. Damn, so that truly was the case, and it really didn't take until 1999 for such discord to occur. I suppose this adds more reasons why I shouldn't have ever taken any of those backlashes all that seriously to start with.

(However, I can still be willing to understand what it's like to be disappointed even if there's sometimes still a fine line between valid criticisms and just being butt-hurt with far too many unrealistic expectations. And well, with talent like NIN, it shouldn't be all that surprising to see a tough crowd from time to time to start with, even if that's still a bit of a shitty thing. But oh well, I guess when something gets a lot of love/praise, it's also bound to get a lot of hate/disappointment too.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 05-26-2014 at 01:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Maybe I've just been watching too much Twin Peaks, but I see a slight similarity between the five note melody in the middle eight of "Reptile" (from 5:13 to 5:21) and the ascending Twin Peaks leitmotif that leads into the climax of "Laura Palmer's Theme".
    I'm thrilled to see I'm not the only one who hears that!

Also, I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but Ghosts I -5 could be a 'Man From Another Place' (Dancing Man) outtake

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I'd like to see a complete NIN lyric sheet with every song filled with profanities TR used in live versions over the years. "This world never give me a chance. Mother fucker gonna have to pay" etc
    hey pig
    hey mother fucking pig (live)

you promised me
    you fu-cking promised meeeeeee (live)

i'm jesus christ on ecstasy
    i'm jesus fucked on ecstasy (live)
    Last edited by Ryan; 05-27-2014 at 12:59 AM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    your fucking world that is!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    and your strain it gets under my skin
    and you strain it's fuckin under my skin

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I can't listen to Hurt unless it's following on from me listening to TDS from start to finish. It just doesn't sound right any other way.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing8 View Post
    I can't listen to Hurt unless it's following on from me listening to TDS from start to finish. It just doesn't sound right any other way.
    I feel the same, but I'll happily listen to the superior Hurt (Quiet) whenever.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I'd like to see a complete NIN lyric sheet with every song filled with profanities TR used in live versions over the years. "This world never give me a chance. Mother fucker gonna have to pay" etc
    Also Burn (BYIT version): "This thing inside of me, it screams the loudest, fucking sound"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just listened to the studio version of "Piggy" for the first time in a while and I was genuinely shocked that "hey motherfucking pig" wasn't actually in the second verse.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    'Give it to me and I'll fuck it away.'

'Scraped off my fucking knees.'

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    You can't fucking take that away from me.

I think you owe me a great fucking apology.
    Can this world really be as sad as it fucking seems?

Shut up. So what what the fuck does it matter now.

And your strain. It's fucking under my skin.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Stick my hands through the cage of this fucking routine
    Just some flesh caught in this big fucking machine

^^
    although i'm not 100% sure on both accounts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So much IFP

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacabreMagpie View Post
    Just listened to the studio version of "Piggy" for the first time in a while and I was genuinely shocked that "hey motherfucking pig" wasn't actually in the second verse.
    Whenever I listen to Broken, not hearing the crash on Gave Up during "and the trust I will betray" throws me for a loop.

also Only has the distinction of being the...ahem...only NIN track with less profanities when played live. Even if he adds one somewhere like "your fucking world that is." Iirc the away rehearsal version actually has no profanities at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    I would be nice if they revived the old NIN: Access app for this tour. Make an Android version for the Android users as well.
    For Christ's sake, yes. Although I asked Rob on Twitter back in December and this was his reply:

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Sheridan
    It’s dead for now (not available in the app store), we’re transitioning http://nin.com services & can’t update it for now.
    I think they've had a revamp of nin.com and the forums there in the works for the better part of a year so . . . who knows. Maybe it'll be done around the time of the Tension Blu-ray and Fragile reissue. Soon . . .
    Last edited by MrSlfDstruct; 05-27-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Perhaps this falls more under Random NIN Thoughts, so I thought that I'd post it in this thread.

Does The Fragile and With Teeth seem to be appreciated and loved a lot more in the 2010s than they were in the 2000s?

The Fragile seemed to be liked a lot more at least by the late 2000s, and With Teeth seems to be liked a lot more now than it ever was back in the mid 2000s. However, I'm mostly going by the impression I've received from lurking ETS since 2004. I've seen love for both albums ever since, but they still seemed to be loved a lot more in the 2010s, or at least since the late 2000s.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    For Christ's sake, yes. Although I asked Rob on Twitter back in December and this was his reply:

I think they've had a revamp of nin.com and the forums there in the works for the better part of a year so . . . who knows. Maybe it'll be done around the time of the Tension Blu-ray and Fragile reissue. Soon . . .
    Yeah, I was really bummed that by the time I could afford a smart phone, they stopped touring. And then when they came back, the app had died off. So I never got to use it for the community aspect. But that was ~ok~ because at least I could use it to listen to remix.nin.com on the go. Now that it's completely dead, I am a sad.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Access always seemed so much better compared to a lot of other bands' shitty apps, it's a shame that it's probably going to be dead for a long, long time, if not forever.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Can't stop laughing at this photo because it looks like Rezdog is levitating into the light.

http://imgur.com/gHHpHkN

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    Can't stop laughing at this photo because it looks like Rezdog is levitating into the light.

http://imgur.com/gHHpHkN
    Wow, he looks like he's shopped into the photo.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    Eat your heart out, David Blaine.
    Last edited by Charmingly Miserable; 05-27-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post

Yeah nin.com has been undergoing a massive facelift but now it seems more like tumblr than anything. As for the forums, they are really dead. Only a few active posters remain. I feel they're gonna get killed off in the final process of the new nin.com sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Yeah, I was really bummed that by the time I could afford a smart phone, they stopped touring. And then when they came back, the app had died off. So I never got to use it for the community aspect. But that was ~ok~ because at least I could use it to listen to remix.nin.com on the go. Now that it's completely dead, I am a sad.
    I was lucky enough to use it to track shows that I wasn't at and see the variation in setlists and I will say, the whole chat with people who were actually at the show and those of us sitting on our couches wishing we could be there was really neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Access always seemed so much better compared to a lot of other bands' shitty apps, it's a shame that it's probably going to be dead for a long, long time, if not forever.
    I agree 100% with this. It's truly a shame they didn't bring it back for Tension and it will remain a great idea dead in the water now.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubeninphoenix View Post
    Yeah nin.com has been undergoing a massive facelift but now it seems more like tumblr than anything. As for the forums, they are really dead. Only a few active posters remain. I feel they're gonna get killed off in the final process of the new nin.com sadly.
    I'm still wondering what would be done with the NIN.com forums, but as of now, deletion definitely seems to be one possibility out of several. It's either that, or NIN.com would actually make an effort to make a new NIN.com forum with updated features that are similar to ETS's. That's all that I've gotten out of it so far. I also miss the way that it used to be as well.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    So, a few days ago, Mariqueen posted something on IG about her not drinking but still will dance at the bar or something like that. I'm not sure if she drank prior to being with Trent but if she did, then that would have meant that she gave that up for Trent to maintain his sobriety. If that is true, she just earned a lot of respect from me.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    So, a few days ago, Mariqueen posted something on IG about her not drinking but still will dance at the bar or something like that. I'm not sure if she drank prior to being with Trent but if she did, then that would have meant that she gave that up for Trent to maintain his sobriety. If that is true, she just earned a lot of respect from me.
    That's devotion right there.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    She used to drink. But maybe she gave it up because she has kids, now?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I think that it has to do with Trent's sobriety. I mean, I could imagine that it could be easy for someone to fall off the wagon if their partner drank. So, I imagine that Trent told her how much sobriety meant to him and since she loves him and want to make their relationship work, she ditched the alcohol. Martinelli's sparkling cider for everyone!!!!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i hope someone answers that weird question about americans and motivation in the antwerp tour journal soon.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    She used to drink. But maybe she gave it up because she has kids, now?
    Plenty of people with kids drink responsibly.