Page 108 of 528 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 208 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,240 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayscaleRain View Post
    Well, that by definition is most certainly a 'random NIN thought'.

Er...

I'd really like to hear/see Pilgrimage live. It feels like it would just shake the place.
    They use to play Pilgrimage as an intro into Mr. Self Destruct. I wish there was a good recording of it somewhere. I'm too lazy to go through every single recording on RITCN.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 12-11-2013 at 07:09 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    They use to play Pilgrimage as an intro into Mr. Self Destruct. I wish there was a good recording of it somewhere. I'm too lazy to go through every single recording on RITCN.
    According to my NIN Tour History, they did that for my first show (Erie, PA WT spring 2006), but I honestly don't remember it being Pilgrimage. Maybe if I wasn't shit-myself excited, I would have noticed, but I left the show thinking I saw the Pinion intro. I just remember a repeating instrumental line over and over building my excitement until Trent came out and started shouting Mr Self Destruct in my face and I was one with the universe.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i think i was at that show as well. was that the one with Saul Williams and CX Kidtronix opening?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm glad Reznor managed to make some dynamic, propulsive pop songs on HM. I'm not into the dirge-y pop songs he couldn't seem to shake before (Please, Where is Everybody, Reptile). An example of this on HM is the verses of 'I Would For You,' and a little bit of 'Find My Way,' but both tracks change up enough not to be dirges. I could look at the BPMs of each and have a better opinion, surely.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    NIN are a bet for Coachella. This site has a pool with rankings and such: http://www.travelgrom.com/travel-blo...la-2014-lineup ...even though Arcade Fire are also at a S. American Lollapalooza, like NIN, they are still headlining Coachella a week later. So odds are good.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/un...3/12/nin13.jpg

This picture is fucking adorable.

(from Wired's new article about Tension 2013)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post

I want that hoodie …

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    I want that hoodie …
    i want josh.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    NIN are a bet for Coachella. This site has a pool with rankings and such: http://www.travelgrom.com/travel-blo...la-2014-lineup ...even though Arcade Fire are also at a S. American Lollapalooza, like NIN, they are still headlining Coachella a week later. So odds are good.
    If NIN returns to Coachella, I'm going. I live on the other side of the valley from the venue so it will be a 20 minute drive for me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    According to my NIN Tour History, they did that for my first show (Erie, PA WT spring 2006), but I honestly don't remember it being Pilgrimage. Maybe if I wasn't shit-myself excited, I would have noticed, but I left the show thinking I saw the Pinion intro. I just remember a repeating instrumental line over and over building my excitement until Trent came out and started shouting Mr Self Destruct in my face and I was one with the universe.
    You're right.

I checked out a 2007 recording and it sounds like the middle part of Pilgrimage for a about 30 seconds then it transforms into a distorted Year Zero sounding beat until Mr. Self Destruct out of nowhere.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    This is the best comment on the Wired article:

Trent's gone from scary guy to Dark Bono. And that's cool.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessly View Post

(gif from here, for the record)
    Moltres pokemon.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I feel like we don't mention enough that we've never really heard 10 Miles High. Techically the 10 Miles High on The Fragile/WITT should be called (Version) and the 10 Miles High on TFA should be called (Other, Slightly Different Version), no?

Considering all the unheard tracks we think exist that we want to hear, we should be super excited about an unheard track we KNOW exists!

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I'm sure Trent could rework Pilgrimage with swarmatron for an epic live version.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    I feel like we don't mention enough that we've never really heard 10 Miles High. Techically the 10 Miles High on The Fragile/WITT should be called (Version) and the 10 Miles High on TFA should be called (Other, Slightly Different Version), no?
    How do you mean?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    How do you mean?
    The credit on the Fragile/WITT version of 10 Miles High is "Reconstruction: Keith Hillebrandt." The credit on the TFA version is "Manipulation: Keith Hillebrandt." That means that they're both essentially remixes (explaining why they're nearly identical) and somewhere out there is still an unheard original.
    Last edited by howdidislipinto; 12-12-2013 at 04:51 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I found this on Google and it is really great.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The credit on the Fragile/WITT version of 10 Miles High is "Reconstruction: Keith Hillebrandt." The credit on the TFA version is "Manipulation: Keith Hillebrandt." That means that they're both essentially remixes (explaining why they're nearly identical) and somewhere out there is still an unheard original.
    You mean like, on the version on the actual album?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Nvm, raygunprimed already posted it.
    Last edited by icecream; 12-12-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    http://www.thefader.com/2013/09/26/t...ors-interview/

Critic recollects his interview that informed Fader's cover story on Reznor.
    HM is the happiest record he's done?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    You mean like, on the version on the actual album?
    Yes. The version on The Fragile says "Reconstructed by Keith Hillebrandt." So even on the The Fragile, it's a remix. On TFA, it's a slightly different remix. Somewhere, unheard by us, is 10 Miles High (Not A Version).

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Yes. The version on The Fragile says "Reconstructed by Keith Hillebrandt." So even on the The Fragile, it's a remix. On TFA, it's a slightly different remix. Somewhere, unheard by us, is 10 Miles High (Not A Version).
    I'd like to hear any version (Live).

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Am I the only one here that thinks 10 Miles High is trash and shouldn't be played live?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    you could say that about any studio track, though. there are always many forms of a song that exist before the final version is chosen for the track. but those versions might not be "saved" or complete or of much interest.

the version on the album is not a remix because it's the originally released version. it's a "mix" like every other track is a mix. a track is called a "remix" if there was already an original mix released. might be that one of the reasons the word "version" was used instead of "remix" was to not label one as coming from the other . .

in other words, the version on the album is still a "version" even though it's not a "(version)" but there's no such thing as a "not a version" version.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm getting closerrrrrrrrrr-AH.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    you could say that about any studio track, though. there are always many forms of a song that exist before the final version is chosen for the track. but those versions might not be "saved" or complete or of much interest.

the version on the album is not a remix because it's the originally released version. it's a "mix" like every other track is a mix. a track is called a "remix" if there was already an original mix released. might be that one of the reasons the word "version" was used instead of "remix" was to not label one as coming from the other . .

in other words, the version on the album is still a "version" even though it's not a "(version)" but there's no such thing as a "not a version" version.
    This would be true in any other case, except that we have a nearly identical track on TFA that's credited as a remix. Therefore I think it's safe to say that Keith Hillebrandt constructed two different versions out of an original that exists somewhere. Whether it's worth hearing or not is up for speculation obviously.

And yes, semantically, the first version released is the "original," but when the "original" is literally credited as a reconstruction and is credited to someone other than Trent on an album with very few shared credits, it makes you wonder, no?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    And yes, semantically, the first version released is the "original," but when the "original" is literally credited as a reconstruction and is credited to someone other than Trent on an album with very few shared credits, it makes you wonder, no?
    Didn't Trent work with like a thousand people on The Fragile?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Trent thanks This Mortal Coil in the sleevenotes for Pretty Hate Machine, Something I can Never Have sounds near identical to a This Mortal Coil tune. Could imagine it being on one of their albums, Specifically something off their second album Filgree and Shadow from 1986. Trent mentioned obsessivley collecting 4AD records via import back in the day.

Also - The Day the Whole Word went Away sound like it really should be on a Spiritualized album.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Am I the only one here that thinks 10 Miles High is trash and shouldn't be played live?
    Yes.
    ten chars

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Highly Psychological View Post
    Trent thanks This Mortal Coil in the sleevenotes for Pretty Hate Machine, Something I can Never Have sounds near identical to a This Mortal Coil tune.
    I believe he actually sampled them for SICNH.