Page 52 of 528 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    i meant boom in popularity over here in the States... not that the acts listed are American.
    Yeah I gotcha. Orbital were big in uk eons before that. So it goes

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    That wasn't the album cover though, just the new logo.
    Thank you for the reassurance, thought I'd missed something then, despite being on the album release site pretty damn frequently for that sort of occurence....knew it wasn't there at the start of 'the campaign'.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    There was that Fragile t-shirt which incorporated the leafy elements of the cover art. Wish I had that one...
    Goddamit...(sp) UK/US

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Uh...

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Not as good as the kid taking names on the dance floor, but a vast improvement on the official video.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Why do NIN never/hardly ever (?) release t-shirts with the album cover on - I'd love a Fragile one, and in particular a Hesitation Marks one. That's the one disappointment of them being likely to play the O2 in London again, you never see iffy t-shirt sellers outside there trying to flog non-official t-shirts. The NIN ones on the whole are a bit dull. (My LITS tour one aside of course...)
    I hope the Hesitation Marks t-shirt has long sleeves.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by ambergris View Post
    I hope the Hesitation Marks t-shirt has long sleeves.
    oh yeah me too, gotta cover them up

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    oh yeah me too, gotta cover them up
    First I was like ha, yeah, our skinny emo arms.

Then oh riiiiiight.

But you guys have skinny arms too... eh? ;__;
    Last edited by Fangster_; 06-29-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I think Came Back Haunted might be my favorite NIN single in quite sometime...when compared to tracks like Survivalism and Discipline. I can't get it out of my head and now the David Lynch video gives the song an even creepier vibe.

I'm watching the Slip rehearsal DVD and Head Down always packs a mean punch live...I always think that song starts off kind of weak but I love where it ends up.

That wasn't the album cover though, just the new logo.
    You talking about the reddish shirt? I'm so pissed at myself for not ordering that...I was pumped on that one. Maybe they'll have it at the shows this fall?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    edited edited
    Last edited by allegro; 06-30-2013 at 08:28 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Here's a thought...NIN fans are really annoying.

The fact that, to this day, there are so many fans still desperately clinging on for a new album that sounds like TDS is absurd. I mean, CBH sounds like modern Pretty Hate Machine and they still complain. The video for it is very 80s industrial style. Too abrasive. The artwork is a throwback to the 90s. Too repetitive. His vocals sound like The Fragile-era...too old to sound like that. I don't understand and it's kind of ridiculous how he can't win. Honestly, I mean, I think the reason behind it is all of his albums do sound so different, but it's starting to grate on my nerves. I just need to stop looking on the internet.

Also, seriously in regards to merch, I find it so annoying that there is a lot of NIN The Downward Spiral-era stuff, like T-shirts and posters and vinyls...but The Fragile is neglected. I would KILL for a Fragile T-shirt. Pay $50 if I had to.
    Last edited by ninsp; 06-29-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I'm watching the Slip rehearsal DVD and Head Down always packs a mean punch live...I always think that song starts off kind of weak but I love where it ends up.
    Head Down was, for a while, my favourite slip track but I always felt the live recordings of it sounded flat around the chorus. I forgot that there was a rehearsal vid for it, I'll have to rewatch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    edited edited
    Dude. You gave me that fuzzy feeling of being quoted and left me with this. Please don't fuck with my head, it's not strong enough for internet mind games.

Also, Daisy just can't happen soon enough.

Go home Spotify, you're PISSED.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Head Down was, for a while, my favourite slip track but I always felt the live recordings of it sounded flat around the chorus. I forgot that there was a rehearsal vid for it, I'll have to rewatch.
    definitely. the chorus is the best part because of the awesome guitars... which they drop out in the live arrangement. never understood that decision!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
    Here's a thought...NIN fans are really annoying.

... His vocals sound like The Fragile-era...too old to sound like that...
    Wait, where? In CBH? Really? I'll be annoying just to make sure: for you 2013 NIN sounds like 1999 NIN? Just listen to 2nd verse, starting at 1' 45''. I stopped struggling to understand what it's about. Very muddy almost as if he didn't want to be understood. Compare to any song on Fragile, it's night and day. Or you could say it's apples and oranges, i guess.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    "TapeWorm.net is among the top domain names out of the 164,381 we have listed in the health category"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Wait, where? In CBH? Really? I'll be annoying just to make sure: for you 2013 NIN sounds like 1999 NIN? Just listen to 2nd verse, starting at 1' 45''. I stopped struggling to understand what it's about. Very muddy almost as if he didn't want to be understood. Compare to any song on Fragile, it's night and day. Or you could say it's apples and oranges, i guess.
    Throughout the entire song, such as the chorus. He really brings back that Fragile-style vocal there. But it's most noticeable, especially in the later part with the "haunt-haunt-haunt-ED!" part. I mean, he's never gonna sound exactly like that era again, but his voice really changed a lot during YZ/The Slip (for the worse, in my opinion) and it's good to hear him fight through vocal changes with changing the style.

I mean, it's clearly not coincidence that I've noticed it as have many people. The entire song is a throwback to all the eras of NIN, and Trent said it was familiar on purpose. Likely he invoked some of those vocal patterns again for good reason.
    Last edited by ninsp; 07-01-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    his voice really changed a lot during YZ/The Slip (for the worse, in my opinion) and it's good to hear him fight through vocal changes with changing the style.
    It's funny you'd say that. While I also appreciate a slight change in his style I think his vocals on the Slip were the best since with_teeth. Live is a whole different chapter though. While I'm not too fond of his many "heys" and "ohs" I love how he's gotten deeper and deeper and still being able to maintain the high pitched screams (e.g. march of the pigs).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    It's funny you'd say that. While I also appreciate a slight change in his style I think his vocals on the Slip were the best since with_teeth. Live is a whole different chapter though. While I'm not too fond of his many "heys" and "ohs" I love how he's gotten deeper and deeper and still being able to maintain the high pitched screams (e.g. march of the pigs).
    Oddly enough, I think that CBH isn't as deep as he was on The Slip. I liked the older vocals but I still appreciate both styles. I like The Slip's vocals on the slower songs (Lights in the Sky) and on songs like Head Down, but others I feel strained (still great). And live, I tend to agree, except when he goes back and tries to sing songs like Last...no. Sounds terrible. But when he just screams, sounds the same. Love it. I think he has more range overall now, but some songs I don't think he should sing anymore, like Last.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Oddly enough, I think that CBH isn't as deep as he was on The Slip. I liked the older vocals but I still appreciate both styles. I like The Slip's vocals on the slower songs (Lights in the Sky) and on songs like Head Down, but others I feel strained (still great). And live, I tend to agree, except when he goes back and tries to sing songs like Last...no. Sounds terrible. But when he just screams, sounds the same. Love it. I think he has more range overall now, but some songs I don't think he should sing anymore, like Last.
    I know what you mean (that current voice does not suit Last) but to nitpick, he didn't used to sing it at all: it debuted in 2007.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Every fucking time a NIN album comes out, I look at my collection, and every fucking time the 3 WITT single sleeves which my kid brother mangled with a pair of scissors mock me.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    You are 100% spot on. The chorus on the album is very atmospheric while the live version is terribly flat. I actually rewatched the rehearsal footage like 2 days ago and it will not change how you feel.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    You are 100% spot on. The chorus on the album is very atmospheric while the live version is terribly flat. I actually rewatched the rehearsal footage like 2 days ago and it will not change how you feel.
    You guys feel the exact way I feel. Although I do like some elements of it live... Trent seems to get so into it and the vocals are incredible. The guitar is flat though. Needs more OOMPH.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    On a random note, where the hell did Leo Herrera go? I'm starting to think he was the secret ingredient for teh nin epix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    On a random note, where the hell did Leo Herrera go? I'm starting to think he was the secret ingredient for teh nin epix.
    Good question. He still hangs with the guys as far as I know. Friends of mine hung out with him and Rob in NYC during Wave Goodbye. But I agree, he needs to be there for good epicness karma

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    According to Ninwiki he was still working backstage at the live shows in 2008, maybe later.

If you're referring to the Fragile-era studio material though, he's never credited particularly prominently - often as a 'second engineer', with people like Alan Moulder listed separately as 'engineer'. In my opinion, Keith Hillebrandt and Dave Ogilvie are closer to what you're referring to. And Moulder, obviously, but he's had a hand in virtually everything.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    According to Ninwiki he was still working backstage at the live shows in 2008, maybe later.

If you're referring to the Fragile-era studio material though, he's never credited particularly prominently - often as a 'second engineer', with people like Alan Moulder listed separately as 'engineer'. In my opinion, Keith Hillebrandt and Dave Ogilvie are closer to what you're referring to. And Moulder, obviously, but he's had a hand in virtually everything.
    Yeah, I meant his valuable presence more as a "mascot". He kinda brought a comic relief to the nin.com photos of back in the day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Every fucking time a NIN album comes out, I look at my collection, and every fucking time the 3 WITT single sleeves which my kid brother mangled with a pair of scissors mock me.
    I know that feeling. The cover of my Broken digipack is taped on since my girlfriend in high school stepped on it getting into my car and ripped it clean off at the spine. One of these days I'll replace it, although it's already been 15 years. Gives it character I suppose. I'll never forget her holding up the mangled, torn flap and remarking that the album was ironically titled Broken.

Sucks even more that it's WITT though. Not exactly cheap and/or easy to come by.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    So I was just hanging out with Trent and his wife in their pool. Some lesbian was insisting I try her beers. After requesting wine instead, I woke up on my couch.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Sucks even more that it's WITT though. Not exactly cheap and/or easy to come by.
    Which WITT singles are you talking about ? The ones I have are all in a plastic case, you'd have to really be pissed off at them to ruin them with scissors ?
    Edit : holy shit they're worth THAT much ? O_O
    Last edited by Khrz; 07-04-2013 at 01:53 AM.