Page 372 of 528 FirstFirst ... 272 322 362 370 371 372 373 374 382 422 472 ... LastLast
Results 11,131 to 11,160 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post
    I hope the Back Cover was an ARG, otherwise i feel royaly boned by NIN :
    REMEMBER WHEN RECORDS HAD BACK COVERS? NO? MAYBE THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT.
    "Maybe"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know if this belong in the Random NIN Questions or here, but I really want to make a complete playlist of The Fragile with the instrumental and main tracks. What are some ideas or what not to make that happen?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripe(withdecay) View Post
    I don't know if this belong in the Random NIN Questions or here, but I really want to make a complete playlist of The Fragile with the instrumental and main tracks. What are some ideas or what not to make that happen?
    Do you mean that you use the normal tracks and their instrumental variants in the same one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulerage View Post
    Do you mean that you use the normal tracks and their instrumental variants in the same one?
    Exactly! I probably should've worded it a little better but you got my idea.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripe(withdecay) View Post
    Exactly! I probably should've worded it a little better but you got my idea.
    Well, what I can say for sure you don't want to do is put the same song next to it's instrumental self. And maybe do a bit of chopping for the instrumental versions so that they are transition tracks. All in all it's your choice.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So anyone else like to play NIN, and dance around while holding your cat?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    So anyone else like to play NIN, and dance around while holding your cat?
    My cats don't want to be held but they do watch me dance and sing to nin (and other things). From what I can tell, they're not impressed.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Trentticus Rossner

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    My cats don't want to be held but they do watch me dance and sing to nin (and other things). From what I can tell, they're not impressed.
    our cats HATE IT when we dance. like, they look at us like embarrassed children and then run away. doesn't matter what the music is.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    “Like, now I fit in someplace: my house.” -Trent Reznor in that village voice interview. ❤️so funny and good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just realized Robin is using Manson Guitars as oppose the usual Les Pauls.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    random:
    if anyone is interested in heading a 'meet-up' in New Orleans
    I would DEF use that NIN-excuse to justify a visit..
    and blasphemy, there doesn't even have to be NIN playing-gasps*

say is there still that monster music thing in October?
    (many yrs ago before voodoo festival-wasn't there a 'scary monsters' small nola underground thing circa late 90's?)

I haven't been back in nola since 2002
    now every time i read or hear nola my insides get all knotted up like it's a visit passed due

-
    also anyone know to where i may send a poster to be signed (by NIN) for my son's 16th bday present? recording studio? record label? next event addy?
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 07-25-2017 at 07:59 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    “Like, now I fit in someplace: my house.” -Trent Reznor in that village voice interview. ❤️so funny and good.

Oh, if only he also included "Right where I belong."

That really was the first thing that came to mind. And well, all the best to Trent yet again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    random:
    if anyone is interested in heading a 'meet-up' in New Orleans
    I would DEF use that NIN-excuse to justify a visit..
    and blasphemy, there doesn't even have to be NIN playing-gasps*

say is there still that monster music thing in October?
    (many yrs ago before voodoo festival-wasn't there a 'scary monsters' small nola underground thing circa late 90's?)

I haven't been back in nola since 2002
    now every time i read or hear nola my insides get all knotted up like it's a visit passed due

-
    also anyone know to where i may send a poster to be signed (by NIN) for my son's 16th bday present? recording studio? record label? next event addy?

Just out of curiosity, what would be the purpose of this other than checking out the former Nothing Studios location and his old house?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what would be the purpose of this other than checking out the former Nothing Studios location and his old house?
    you just made me laugh for real, ty

i've been to nola many times during my life...
    there's something electric in the air that keeps me going back.
    -a part of me died and was reborn the first time i went to nola for a mardi gras-
    does one really think that whatever was Nothing Studios is the only thing nola has going for it?
    pish posh apple sauce

it takes losing your mind sometimes (controlled chaos) to be able to keep sane most of the time....
    its been my experience that 'SPIRAL' meets ups were always pretty fun. i thought it might be fun to give an ETS one a try..

Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 07-26-2017 at 12:34 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I was very happy to read Trent rejecting corporate life at Apple. Why would he hide his Oscar though?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    you just made me laugh for real, ty

i've been to nola many times during my life...
    there's something electric in the air that keeps me going back.
    -a part of me died and was reborn the first time i went to nola for a mardi gras-
    does one really think that whatever was Nothing Studios is the only thing nola has going for it?
    pish posh apple sauce

it takes losing your mind sometimes (controlled chaos) to be able to keep sane most of the time....
    its been my experience that 'SPIRAL' meets were always pretty fun. i thought it might be fun to give an ETS one a try..

I assumed you meant "meet up" in more of strictly NIN related way. I get what you're saying.

I go to NOLA at least once or twice a month, so I definitely know of its infinite opportunities. Not a big fan of Mardi Gras though.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    I assumed you meant "meet up" in more of strictly NIN related way. I get what you're saying.

I go to NOLA at least once or twice a month, so I definitely know of its infinite opportunities. Not a big fan of Mardi Gras though.
    mardi gras has been about the only time i can get away with traveling 'solo' down there and lose ppl i find creepy.
    too many ppl, too much madness, try to follow someone in that crowd.
    added bonus -everyone gets to experience, wait for it....
    All The Love in the World-

i had some friends down there i used to stay with and in turn they'd come visit and stay with me. we all lost track of one another after the hurricane n flood.
    Last edited by muse-lyre candy; 07-26-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I still want full-album multitracks to return, but I think he's over it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Has TBW become my favorite NIN song?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Revisiting And All That Could Have Been today and how "Hurt" ends on that live album with this ... almost quick and sonic eruption sound always used to make me feel really sad. I think cause at the time, we really had no idea when the next Nine Inch Nails record was ever going to be released and when I got into them in like 2000, I felt like I had missed something.

Leaving Hope on Still gave me the same feeling.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Coke Zero = old and busted

LaCroi(the X is silent) = new hotness

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...e-defiant-ones

Steve Gottlieb speaks...and as usual its about how innocent he was and how Trent is a liar

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    This Vulture interview is fascinating to me. I've never seen an interviewer be so openly combative with Trent. Some of their questions I like, some I don't (that first one in particular feels way off-base). It just creates a weird vibe to read.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...e-defiant-ones

Steve Gottlieb speaks...and as usual its about how innocent he was and how Trent is a liar
    That man's a fucking ass-clown. We all know he's full of it. I remember at a screening for DiG! where I met Ondi Timoner and we chatted a bit and she said that Gottlieb is a evil and I agreed with her as she kind of knew about what he did to Trent as he fucked over the Brian Jonestown Massacre in their brief time with TVT.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    This Vulture interview is fascinating to me. I've never seen an interviewer be so openly combative with Trent. Some of their questions I like, some I don't (that first one in particular feels way off-base). It just creates a weird vibe to read.
    It does create a nice contrast with some other pieces where the author is *ZOMG I'm such a big fan* *commence asskissing*

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Every now and then I feel compelled to revisit the funniest moment in NIN history. Sharing it here for those who forgot or completely missed it:

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I love that moment. Sometimes, I think of Trent as Cartman and Josh Freese as Butters whenever I see that clip.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I suppose I just need and want more time for Not The Actual Events and Add Violence to sink in. There is absolutely no question in my mind that I've enjoyed what I listened to so far. Less Than, The Background World and The Lovers are easily my latest favorite NIN songs.

I also loved hearing Burning Bright (Field on Fire) live. It's very hard to put it into words, but it was very moving to the point of tears. Even my reactions to the live versions can become very different from the studio versions. NIN just reminded me about that yet again.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 07-27-2017 at 10:24 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Every now and then I feel compelled to revisit the funniest moment in NIN history. Sharing it here for those who forgot or completely missed it:
    The Real World: NIN