Page 371 of 528 FirstFirst ... 271 321 361 369 370 371 372 373 381 421 471 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,130 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    How on earth have people managed to avoid show spoilers for months during tours? I've never tried to go blind before and now less than a day has gone by and I'm already antsy.
    When I went to see Tension in 2013 I had to abandon ETS for a full month. It sucked, but it worked, since I had no idea what the set was going to be when I went to the show.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    When I went to see Tension in 2013 I had to abandon ETS for a full month. It sucked, but it worked, since I had no idea what the set was going to be when I went to the show.
    A thread being posted in this section that should have never been posted in this section and friends getting tagged in facebook posts have already spoiled 3 songs for me even though one is a given. Still doing my best to hold off though.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    She's Gone Away slowed down to half speed is creepy as fuck

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Solid.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Haven't been this happy to be a NIN fan than right now. The EP is fantastic and what I have seen from the show so far was awesome as well. I'm really pumped again for whatever Trent and Co. got up their sleeves. Exciting times!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    This is really random

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    So I've long been semi-embarrassed by how much NIN outstrips my second-most-listened to artist, on my music-listening-tracker thing (since 2005), but it'd been awhile since I'd looked at my global most-listened-to-albums list. Good lord, it's even worse!

1. Nine Inch Nails / Hesitation Marks
    2. Nine Inch Nails / Year Zero
    3. Nine Inch Nails / The Slip
    4. Various / The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
    5. Nine Inch Nails / Ghosts I-IV
    6. Burial / Untrue
    7. Nine Inch Nails / With Teeth
    8. Various / Pneuma
    9. Hecq / steeltongued (disc 1)
    10. Burial / Burial
    11. ohGr / Devils In My Details
    12. The Dresden Dolls / Yes, Virginia
    13. Firewater / The Golden Hour
    14. How to destroy angels / Welcome oblivion (vinyl edition)
    15. TV on the Radio / Dear Science

Glad it wasn't literally all NIN or NIN-related...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I hate ARG and the whole YZ theme. But I do enjoy 3 of the new songs.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Rolling Stones review compared HTDA to Tin Machine.....which was directed as a diss....curious to pitchforks review altho they are currently lapping up tyler the creator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really dig this EP. Gives the right post-apocalyptic vibe.. Especially Lovers and The Background World.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Pro shot video of the first two songs from Bakersfield on their Facebook.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    AV got a review in, heh, the AV Club today: http://www.avclub.com/live/nine-inch...271/entry/1660

Not super complimentary, but whatever. Reviewer liked Less Than but thought it went generally downhill from there. Some people, eh?
    I've always found articles on NIN on that site to be well informed and generally complimentary without being too fanboy and there's a lot of good stuff in the comments. Unlike pitchfork where you get a crappy biased review with no right to reply

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    And Youtube:
    ..and twitter but still not on vimeo, the only place where they paid to offer high quality download :/

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I don't know what's better about that pro shot clip above:

Trent's tattered black shirt, his protein shake break @3:46, or that head-tuck pit sniff thing he does, like he's concerned about b.o..

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I don't know what's better about that pro shot clip above:

Trent's tattered black shirt, his protein shake break @3:46, or that head-tuck armpit sniff thing he does, like he's concerned about b.o..
    i think that's actually a forehead sweat wipe

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I'm probably crazy and it's probably just me but does anyone else think he looks like David Duchovney at certain points in that video?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i liked the way he came out from the back and was eyeballing everyone making sure they weren't fucking up anything

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    ..and twitter but still not on vimeo, the only place where they paid to offer high quality download :/
    I think they've completely forgotten about Vimeo. Like the rest of the Internet.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Random question: Does anyone know why Trent had to create The Null Corporation II? I've been curious for a while as to why he couldn't continue using the first Null Corp...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Random question: Does anyone know why Trent had to create The Null Corporation II? I've been curious for a while as to why he couldn't continue using the first Null Corp...
    Rob had the passwords for all the accounts for Null 1

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post

Solid.
    I wanna see and hear the 15+ alternate takes for March Of The Pigs now ��

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I think they've completely forgotten about Vimeo. Like the rest of the Internet.
    ah ! remember when it was the purpose of buying this ?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Just noticed that they added Add Violence to the discography page on nin.com and edited NTAE's description to mention that it's the beginning of the trilogy. Also noticed a typo on With Teeth's tracklisting: "ALL THE LIVE IN THE WORLD"
    Typo? Or ... ARG?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I feel like "Head Down" would fit perfectly alongside these new songs in the live set. I was actually thinking this before AV was released and the Bakersfield show (which did not include any tracks from The Slip). It seems like it could be on one of these EPs and fit perfectly. Very underrated track and when I saw it live on the LITS tour, it blew my mind.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    I feel like "Head Down" would fit perfectly alongside these new songs in the live set. I was actually thinking this before AV was released and the Bakersfield show (which did not include any tracks from The Slip). It seems like it could be on one of these EPs and fit perfectly. Very underrated track and when I saw it live on the LITS tour, it blew my mind.
    I'm sure I've mentioned this before (and if not, remind me @OSLIN ), but I consider The Slip a concept album following the energy of a typical NIN live show, so basically every song on it could fit in. But sadly I think the band feels the need to play the "classics" and the hits more often - every song from the first three albums has been played live at some point but we still don't have WT, YZ, TS or HM played in full. New EPs hopefully will get put out entirely during this tour, and if The Lovers doesn't get played I will FUCKING RIOT.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I'm sure I've mentioned this before (and if not, remind me @OSLIN ), but I consider The Slip a concept album following the energy of a typical NIN live show, so basically every song on it could fit in. But sadly I think the band feels the need to play the "classics" and the hits more often - every song from the first three albums has been played live at some point but we still don't have WT, YZ, TS or HM played in full. New EPs hopefully will get put out entirely during this tour, and if The Lovers doesn't get played I will FUCKING RIOT.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    1991-08-01 should totally be called "Nine songs about fucking" if one had to title the day's concert.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    [video=youtube;73sSjz7B4yw]
    As long as he's not yelling "Hey!" six times a song..

The ultimate peak of this was when he started doing the "HEY HEY HEY HEY" chants with the clapping during parts of "The Hand That Feeds" during the Tension tour. I think he did something like this in Came Back Haunted as well. Also I think its fucking hilarious when he throws a "Hey!" in a song and gets it captured in his hand-activated echo/loop.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I hope the Back Cover was an ARG, otherwise i feel royaly boned by NIN :
    REMEMBER WHEN RECORDS HAD BACK COVERS? NO? MAYBE THIS ONE IS IMPORTANT.