Page 134 of 528 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 184 234 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,020 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was thinking the other day, With Teeth through the LITS-era of NIN is probably my favorite. The fan interaction during this time was amazing, it's personally my favorite chunk of NIN music, the ARG, there was a whole lot going on. Remember when Trent would give out tickets to upcoming shows and for some reason Diddy always won? Strobelight? NIN/JA? There was some awesome shit back then!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The comment section on NIN facebook posts are the void of the universe. (generally speaking.)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NINisamazing View Post
    The comment section on most Internet pages are the void of the universe. (generally speaking.)
    Fixed for you.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Kirra View Post
    Remember when Trent would give out tickets to upcoming shows and for some reason Diddy always won?
    Wait, what did I miss?

For shits and giggles, Trent should release Strobelight. I'm still rooting for Still Hurts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I still maintain that Clap Trap Crack Slap has the potential to be the best song ever written.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Nice bed sheets, Ryan

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Pussygrinder has been written, albeit by another band called GoFight. Note: This is a remix. The album version is better, but I can't find it online right now.

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Pussygrinder has been written, albeit by another band called GoFight. Note: This is a remix. The album version is better, but I can't find it online right now.

Jesus, but aint that some early nineties pop throwback? except it says "pussy" in it.
    Lololol.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Pretty much the best thing in existence.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    I still maintain that Clap Trap Crack Slap has the potential to be the best song ever written.
    i always hear it in my head like it's the beginning of "professional widow" by tori amos (in place of "slag pit stag shit")

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i always hear it in my head like it's the beginning of "professional widow" by tori amos (in place of "slag pit stag shit")
    Starfuckerrrrrrrrr! Just like my daddy
    Selling his baby
    Just like my daddy

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Pretty much the best thing in existence.
    if those fucking beeps during the verses were quieter, I would be right with you. sucks me right out of the song

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Seems NIN could've filled the surprise guest slot that Pixies got at Coachella.
    Maybe Reznor's holding out for a headlining spot sometime 2016+
    Could've been an easy couple weekend's work.
    They probably will make that soundtrack in their time off of the road.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They should end a show with Hand Covers Bruise/Beside You In Time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Wait, what did I miss?

For shits and giggles, Trent should release Strobelight. I'm still rooting for Still Hurts.
    On T-Rizzle's twitter before he basically locked it down, he would do ticket giveaways during NIN/JA, kind of like a "hey click this link before other people do and win", sort've thing. Well he would always announce five winners plus Diddy, who won every time. I don't think there was any reason WHY that was, but I thought it was hilarious.

I don't think, in this era of NIN, we'll ever get another joke as aware as "Strobelight" was or anything of that nature, which sucks. That chunk of time I described was probably the most "self-aware" point in NIN history. I mean, come on, he made Meathead's Discipline video official.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    How is it that a guy who is obviously thoughtful and well spoken in interviews SUCH a horrible lyricist?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't really agree with what you're saying, but being well spoken and song writing are two different skill sets.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Spend a bit of time listening to your local contemporary pop radio station to redefine your definition of "horrible lyricist".

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    She got a big booty
    so i call her big booty

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    THE RAID 2 was a pretty cool flick and I really enjoyed hearing 13 Ghosts II & 14 Ghosts II inside a theater auditorium. I need to up my audio playback game.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    She got a big booty
    so i call her big booty
    Favorite lyrics from "Hurt," hands down.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Spend a bit of time listening to your local contemporary pop radio station to redefine your definition of "horrible lyricist".
    I wish I was allowed to unlike a post just so I could like this one all over again.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    How is it that a guy who is obviously thoughtful and well spoken in interviews SUCH a horrible lyricist?
    He isn't tho.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    anyone know what pitches (i'm assuming there are at least two) are in the drone at the start of TDTWWA?
    D and a dissonant D (fluctuating below and slightly above the equilibrium of the sound wave...but mostly below and back), simultaneously. Not 100%...just going by what I hear in my head. There might be a slight overtone of a harmonic F(major)...but an octave higher than the drone D (and it might be slightly fluctuating as well...and fluctuating between octaves as well).
    Last edited by pinata89; 04-09-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I was thinking about this the other day and remembering the discussion in regards to comparing Tension with LITS. For me, I think LITS was more about the aesthetic theatrics- this is not a diss, just a pure observation. For that era, it worked very well. But for Tension, I think it was about the band. I mean, come on. There were eight, highly talented individuals coming together and making NIN sound completely fresh from what we are accustomed to. So, in summation, there is no comparison between the two tours. I hope Trent is damn proud of the band he assembled for Tension.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Because he knows what works.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    P.K. Slavery mix of HiS is great.

"Slavery... LISTEN!!!"

"Slavery... SUBMISSION!!!"

"Slavery... LISTEN!!!"

"Slavery... SUBMISSION!!!"

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    RAIZING ABOVE THE DEBRl- RAIZING ABOVE THE DEBRI-

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post

We could have this argument all day. ie. my problems dont matter cause someone else's problems are worse... this song isnt bad cause everything else around it is worse.

I am saying that this guy's lyrics reached the apex of aa bb rhyming in 95 and have been steadily declining into a series of reoccuring words and concepts that could have been created with a nin lyric generator. I just dont understand why a guy who is obviously smart wouldnt try to reach a higher hanging fruit THAT he totally can reach judging from the way he speaks outside of his songs. Is that not a justified random nin thought?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    We could have this argument all day. ie. my problems dont matter cause someone else's problems are worse... this song isnt bad cause everything else around it is worse.
    Well, yeah. If you were sitting in some war-torn African country surrounded by starving children and complained your day was "horrific" because you could only find non-organic vegetable produce, I'd say you have a talent for exaggeration.

None of the points you mention make Trent a "horrific" songwriter, you wouldn't even have noticed them if there wasn't such a vast catalogue for repetition to be inevitable.