Page 12 of 512 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The best NIN album ever is 3 years old today http://www.nin.com/pub/strobelight/

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    That was an incredible album. Notably "Pussygrinder".

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Ah, April 1st. Let the 24 hours of ignoring Trent's site, facebook, and twitter begin.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    The most hilarious thing would be if he announced a brand new album- and I mean, not one that sounds like a joke, one that actually sounds legit, with cover art, realistic song names (it's NIN- how hard can that be?) and then tell everyone it will be available for download on April 2nd. And then never, ever bring it up again.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Better yet - put it up as available now, link to a torrent, but only seed 10% of each file. Or seed it all as an archive - which turns out to be corrupted when you try to open it.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    In my mind, this still may as well be an April Fool's Day joke.

KICK OUT THE JAMS, MOTHAFUCKERRRRRRRR!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

my friends gave me this puzzle for my birthday )) the cat is mine

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    ^ I love it. The cat, that is (him/her?). Angry-looking bearded Trent creeps me the fuck out. Haven't listened to NIN in quite a while. Put on Year Zero again today randomly. Damn this album is awesome. Not a bad track on it. While I'm posting this, I also watched Girl With A Dragon Tattoo a while ago (I know, not strictly NIN-related, but whatever). Didn't care for it much, though. Fincher makes great-looking movies, but I found the story adaptation of the novel less than satisfactory. The Swedish film was better IMO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diptych View Post
    ^ I love it. The cat, that is (him/her?). Angry-looking bearded Trent creeps me the fuck out.
    the cat is a boy
    and bearded Trent although looks a bit scary but it most probably means that he was writing some music at that time, which is a good thing

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I love when Trent and co are silent. This lull is always soothing and exciting.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    the cat is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I love when Trent and co are silent. This lull is always soothing and exciting.
    perhaps we'll hear something... soon.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Some random Trent lyrical dick-sucking because whatever.

I was thinking about the lyrics of The Big Come Down today. "Try so hard to make the pieces all fit, smash it apart just for the fuck of it". I think this is one of the most shocking moments of The Fragile. Unlike "Gave Up", where the narrator "smashes" this and that because he tried to do something, but it was in vain, this time he actually puts effort into completing something, but then either he or somebody else smashes it just for fun. It is obvious Trent went into the darkest corners of his mind to write the lyrics. I mean, I know most of NIN's albums are like that, but I consider The Fragile to be his most depressing album, even more than TDS. While TDS was a, well, downward spiral that led to suicide, The Fragile was the internal transformation and struggle of the protagonist to cope with the troubles of his life, but it is never clear where it leads. And that is more terrifying to me.

Now I understand why Trent was afraid to go back to the Fragile for the Deluxe Edition, like he was afraid to go to a dark place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think its amazing that listening to the Theme For Tetsuo The Bullet Man is so TDS era NIN material (could easily be on Further Down The Spiral), yet it is from 2010. Proves that TR could do TDS 2 or something like that that certain people seem to want but chooses to push himself and try new things. Thats fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Yeah, I think I said back when it came out that that track sounded like The Downward Spiral had sex with Ghosts I–IV and the two of them had an even sexier sound baby.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I was listening to the 10th Anniversary Edition of TDS last night and I am surprised that the second disk doesn't have Heresy (Blind) on it. Maybe because there is a demo of Heresy is already on it?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    I was listening to the 10th Anniversary Edition of TDS last night and I am surprised that the second disk doesn't have Heresy (Blind) on it. Maybe because there is a demo of Heresy is already on it?
    It's probably because that disc already had too many tracks from Closer To God.

EDIT: Plus, I HATE that they broke the segue between All the Pigs, All Lined Up and A Violet Fluid in that disc.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    if i could reverse history and choose a nin track to disappear entirely it would be bullet man

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    if i could reverse history and choose a nin track to disappear entirely it would be bullet man
    All you have to do is time travel back to 2009 and destroy the universe. That is, if you don't mind also losing "Zoo Station" (and every living soul in existence).

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Is there really nothing you like about this? Like I love the melody that's repeated in piano and then horns, the fact it can be both beautiful and magnificent - this track is great. But that alarm noise about a minute in makes me jump every time, but I think that's the point, The film sounds like it's abrasive and irritating in parts

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This isn't great, but it's not horrible. Well, maybe it is.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I would go back in time to make Reznor release Purest Feeling (Single) on Interscope instead of YZR.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    bullet man theme simply isn't trademark nin in terms of the message, the only attracting factor for bullet man theme is that it has nin next to it but if you remove nin it's unidentifiable. it's like Beauty of being numb having a Eraser section for no particular reason. surely, i'm subjective but i hope it makes sense

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    How do you mean by message? An instrumental piece carries a variety of meanings to each different person, without the lyrics to steer them - and it was written blind, without seeing the film, so it has no connection to that either.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    How do you mean by message? An instrumental piece carries a variety of meanings to each different person, without the lyrics to steer them - and it was written blind, without seeing the film, so it has no connection to that either.
    message - is when the song tell me "i'm nine inch nails". they either do or they don't. perhaps to some it's the opposite and they'll say it's unmistakably "nin" in its finest, well these people are lucky in this case. i think your brain tells you it's real nin, but i learned to trust my heart more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So it sounds like Atticus will be busy for a bit with this new Keanu project.

Even if there is another movie score in TR's future, he may have some time for OTHER musical endeavors.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I'm crushed that nin.com recently had 'Still' delisted from the merch store. I took for granted it was in there for so long, and must have qued it up countless times only to close the window, just waiting for the right item to match with it to justify the shipping cost. Now it's gone and it most likely will never be back. I suppose I could look for it on the secondary market (I'd imagine its going for $40-80?), but it's still frustrating since the whole reason I waited was to avoid paying more than 20 bucks for 9 tracks I already have. I e-mailed them asking if they had any other copies lying around to sell but I never heard back. One of those things that sadly passed me by, and I have no one to blame but myself. I'm sure it will make it into my hands eventually though, when the time is right.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    I'm crushed that nin.com recently had 'Still' delisted from the merch store. I took for granted it was in there for so long, and must have qued it up countless times only to close the window, just waiting for the right item to match with it to justify the shipping cost. Now it's gone and it most likely will never be back. I suppose I could look for it on the secondary market (I'd imagine its going for $40-80?), but it's still frustrating since the whole reason I waited was to avoid paying more than 20 bucks for 9 tracks I already have. I e-mailed them asking if they had any other copies lying around to sell but I never heard back. One of those things that sadly passed me by, and I have no one to blame but myself. I'm sure it will make it into my hands eventually though, when the time is right.
    This, so hard. The shipping cost was just too much for me, so I kept putting it off, saying "Oh, it'll still be there," and now it's not. Ugh.

It doesn't help that assholes on Amazon sell the damn thing for upwards of 30 dollars when it's listed.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I asked Rob when someone first noticed, and he said he wasn't sure if it was an error or if they were truly sold out. Personally, I think AATCHB DE should be reissued, and the standalones should be left alone.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Re: Still
    drop a message in the marketplace section, i heard someone had a spare copy

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I know for a fact that the July 25, 2009 - Targu Mures, Romania, Peninsula Festival was recorded in HQ, multicam, etc. by Duna TV (Hungarian TV).

The problem is, I tried to contact Duna in 2009 to see if they can release the footage but with no success.
    I think I remember Laci saying they were told not to release it. NINcamp told them.

Have you guys ever encountered something like this?