Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Marilyn Manson

I noticed there is no (longer a) Marilyn Manson thread.

Who's going to any of the upcoming US shows?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    We're not allowed one

Glad to see he's looking healthy these days, hopefully the shows will be better for it.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    lol marilyn manson

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Let's not turn this into a circus from page 1, alright?

For ones who don't keep up (which I assume is vast majority at this point), Manson is gonna be touring in the summer as an opening act for Five Finger Death Punch.
    Nothing is known about the band lineup or whether there's any new material coming.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    When was the last time he was an opening act?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Manson is gonna be touring in the summer as an opening act for Five Finger Death Punch.
    Fuckin' yikes

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    Fuckin' yikes
    Cop MAGA Metal headliner
    Sex pest abuser direct opener
    Nazi apologist first band

I'm honestly surprised trapt or attila isn't on the lineup.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Let's not turn this into a circus from page 1, alright?

For ones who don't keep up (which I assume is vast majority at this point), Manson is gonna be touring in the summer as an opening act for Five Finger Death Punch.
    Nothing is known about the band lineup or whether there's any new material coming.
    Saw some rumours about Tyler Bates working with him again but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Cop MAGA Metal headliner
    Sex pest abuser direct opener
    Nazi apologist first band

I'm honestly surprised trapt or attila isn't on the lineup.
    Missing Falling In Reverse to complete the Big 4 POS.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fuckin' yikes
    Yup.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Pass.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I don't know why people who dislike Manson reply to this thread, but okay. Guess I'll just do the same in all other threads I have no interest in?! Weird.

Anyway, yes, he's touring again this summer, and yes, he's not headlining, but for anyone who likes to play dumb: He was basically cancelled and could not tour for a very long time and now has the chance to tour with a band who supports him. There will be a solo headlining tour after this one.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist Fuck View Post
    He was basically cancelled and could not tour for a very long time and now has the chance to tour with a band who supports him.
    Abusers do support abusers, that is true.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Abusers do support abusers, that is true.
    It explains why he hangs out with Kanye, nazi apologist Kat Von D etc.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist Fuck View Post
    I don't know why people who dislike Manson reply to this thread, but okay. Guess I'll just do the same in all other threads I have no interest in?! Weird.

Anyway, yes, he's touring again this summer, and yes, he's not headlining, but for anyone who likes to play dumb: He was basically cancelled and could not tour for a very long time and now has the chance to tour with a band who supports him. There will be a solo headlining tour after this one.
    You would think this was obvious, but most of the people in this thread and probably on this board in general really like the music of Marilyn Manson. It's just that we no longer feel comfortable supporting him or listening to him. Good music is a dime a dozen, you don't have to get it from terrible people.

This thread could only ever be a circus, because the only people left supporting him are clowns. I guess that's not really fair to clowns.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    You would think this was obvious, but most of the people in this thread and probably on this board in general really like the music of Marilyn Manson. It's just that we no longer feel comfortable supporting him or listening to him. Good music is a dime a dozen, you don't have to get it from terrible people.

This thread could only ever be a circus, because the only people left supporting him are clowns. I guess that's not really fair to clowns.
    This, also:
    "He was basically cancelled and could not tour for a very long time and now has the chance to tour with a band who supports him. "

That's a bit of exaggeration. Half of those years without touring was due to COVID and it's weird to assume he wouldn't be touring again even with the accusations etc. He doesn't even need this tour considering that he has even more monthly listeners compared to NIN on Spotify, bet you that even a huge number who criticized him on those accusations will be there. (maybe not on this one since the line-up is just awful)

The whole "cancel culture" arguing in 2024 is just excessive melodrama considering that rarely someone loses career because of it, specially in music industry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fuck Manson. Bros not relevant enough to be cancelled.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I was here before this thread was shut down for the millionth time.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firewlker View Post
    He doesn't even need this tour considering that he has even more monthly listeners compared to NIN on Spotify
    I had to go look this up because it seemed unbelievable, but it appears to be correct, which is shocking to me.

https://songstats.com/artist/uklb7j0t/nine-inch-nails
    https://songstats.com/artist/52h9fy3r/marilyn-manson

I know it's just analyzing Spotify, but considering how relevant NIN and TR have continued to be over the last few years, and how poorly Manson has been seen over the same time, I'm really surprised to see those numbers.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm still torn as fuck when it comes to him.
    Yes, I really like his albums/music but while there's been no official verdict on the accusations I don't find them unbelievable. Especially if you take the lyrical content of The High End of Low into consideration which is a snapshot of his mind when he was in that relationship its... yucky.
    Not to mention he's been a mess of a live act for years now. Occasional passable moments but highly inconsistent.
    Maybe he's healthy and sober now and he'll bring it when he goes on that tour, but even if I was in America and could go see him I don't think I would.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I had to go look this up because it seemed unbelievable, but it appears to be correct, which is shocking to me.

https://songstats.com/artist/uklb7j0t/nine-inch-nails
    https://songstats.com/artist/52h9fy3r/marilyn-manson

I know it's just analyzing Spotify, but considering how relevant NIN and TR have continued to be over the last few years, and how poorly Manson has been seen over the same time, I'm really surprised to see those numbers.
    Its the Trump effect. I'm a MASSIVE fan of the first 7 records and we would have to be intellectually dishonest if we said they weren't important. But the right loves rallying around people who have been rightfully held accountable by those they consider to be the left. They need people to justify their horrible viewpoints so they prop them up.

I wouldn't be surprised if thousands of manson chuds just put manson on shuffle on apple music/spotify and just it run at zero volume when they're not home to pump those numbers up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Conservatives are media illiterate, so I believe they are genuinely enjoying Manson’s music.

For an example, as if one is needed, we saw chuds trying to shutdown vote counting in 2020, while listening to Rage Against the Machine.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Not American here and certainly not a fan of Trump, but I really don't understand the divisiveness of every subject. Everything has to be labelled either right wing or left wing? So Manson must have a lot of idiot Trump supporting right wing fans because his streaming numbers are better than NIN? Sounds like a pretty simple minded generalisation. Saying right wingers are sitting at home with spotify running Manson songs trying to prop his numbers has to be one of the most pointless and ridiculous conspiracy theories i've ever heard.

Manson has always been more commercial and popular than NIN. They both released new music about the same time ago. Neither has been touring. Artists popularity doesn't generally die from allegations. Did Michael Jackson ever lose popularity? I think the majority of poeople just listen to songs and music they like, they don't know all the background around the artist. If it's a good song, people will listen to it. People like us on band message boards are probably in the minority in that we tend to take more interest in what is behind the music.
    Last edited by voidnz; 04-26-2024 at 04:50 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    As far as the streaming numbers go, I think it's simply that Manson has released more albums than NIN in the past decade, which has let him be somewhat more in the public concious than NIN.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I lost interest in Manson once he got all drugged out and his performances really declined. Saw him open for Slipknot a few years ago and . . . yeah. Makes me glad that I saw him in '97. The younger people (Jesus I'm feeling old) who were loving it don't know what they missed.

Anyway, this piqued my interest once I heard Manson was clean, and he doesn't look like Nicolas Cage mixed with Vince Neil anymore. Too bad he doesn't have any Florida shows or I'd go. Youtube it is.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    Not American here and certainly not a fan of Trump, but I really don't understand the divisiveness of every subject. Everything has to be labelled either right wing or left wing? So Manson must have a lot of idiot Trump supporting right wing fans because his streaming numbers are better than NIN?
    No, it's because he was "cancelled", right wing folks had embraced a lot of folks who were cancelled and that isn't news. Look at his subreddit or Twitter and you'll see why this was mentioned, althought you're also right about him being more commercial than NIN.

As far as the streaming numbers go, I think it's simply that Manson has released more albums than NIN in the past decade, which has let him be somewhat more in the public concious than NIN.
    Continuing from my other sentence: MM has always been more commercial than NIN + he has a bigger appeal to a younger audience due to his music being more catchy and accessible + his imagery.

NIN had some younger audience increase on the last years but Manson always had that because he always kept his shock rocker image intact (even being an bloated alcoholic on stage who couldn't finish a song) while Trent after getting sober shaved his head and got jacked and dressing like your average Joe. The "teenage rebel mall goth" doesn't care about the later, at least not before completing 18.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Everything about this topic makes me sad for reasons that would take me far too many paragraphs to type out.

So I'm just going to do the sensible thing, listen to the old stuff, cherish the adolescent memories and accept the fact that that's a place I don't live in anymore.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    "B-b-but we cancelled you sweaty wtf are you doing?"

Based Marilyn not giving af about being cancelled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsrib View Post
    "B-b-but we cancelled you sweaty wtf are you doing?"

Based Marilyn not giving af about being cancelled.
    Yes, “Sweaty” was indeed cancelled. (My comment about conservatives being illiterate rings true.)

But seriously, Manson isn’t relevant enough to be cancelled. He just feel even further into irrelevancy. But that was counter balanced by his continued support from incels and MAGA. Aka his entire fan base.
    Last edited by OSPF; 04-28-2024 at 07:57 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSPF View Post
    Yes, “Sweaty” was indeed cancelled. (My comment about conservatives being illiterate rings true.)
    It's a meme, doofus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsrib View Post
    It's a meme, doofus.
    You wrote all that and outed yourself as a chud, and then call me the doofus? yeahOK.gif