Page 62 of 263 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 7888

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ^^^ Yuppers, was reading 4theye and editing my post as you typed that. :P

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    There is an alternate universe where the 5th album has already been released. But we live in the one that didn't.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Wonder WTF this is all about:

21 June, 2015 (08:42am)
    Wait for it...

.BMB

http://www.toolband.com/index_frames.html

Most likely nothing of course, but one can hope. o_O

EDIT: looking at fourtheye posts they may be doing a festival on Halloween in Tempe, just a rumor as of now so don't shoot the messenger (or if you do shoot the messenger just make sure it hits the part of the brain that kills me :| )

It's going to be a limited edition release of hand towels crafted by the diapers Maynard wore while he had his hip replaced. Limited to 10 copies, each signed with Maynard's poop in the shape of his shitty M signature.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ^^
    obviously with 3D artwork by Alex Grey

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    They're at least playing that Halloweenie festival...

http://www.monstermashaz.com/#!lineup-4-days/c9tr

Fuck it, I'm there.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    They're at least playing that Halloweenie festival...

http://www.monstermashaz.com/#!lineup-4-days/c9tr

Fuck it, I'm there.
    If you don't go a day earlier to catch Fogerty, I'll be deeply disappointed.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I wonder if this is an one-off date.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    If you don't go a day earlier to catch Fogerty, I'll be deeply disappointed.
    WHOA!!! Let's put the brakes on for a second. Never in my post did I say I was sticking around for night two.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Well, I know what I'm doing on Halloween night.

http://www.monstermashaz.com/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    That's a good speech. I like his monologue at the beginning of "What Is..." for the same reason.

I guess maybe I'm just getting older so I appreciate those sentiments more?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    According to Fourth Eye, this is the only gig for the year.

I wonder if they would perform a new song for this single show.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    According to Fourth Eye, this is the only gig for the year.

I wonder if they would perform a new song for this single show.
    Unlikely but who knows.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Spoiler: they will play Stinkfist, Jambi, Schism, Lateralus and Aenema.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^Seriously.

After seeing (basically) the same setlist all three times I've seen them over the course of 9 years, I'm starting to have second thoughts about going to this show. Part of me feels like I'll kick myself for not seeing one of my favorite bands when I get the chance, and part of me wonders if it's worth $120 (!!!) to see the same show I've seen over and over already.

Then again, if they mix up two or three songs it would be worth it. If they play "The Patient" or "Intolerance" or something I'm going to be kicking myself for not going. So there's that.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    ^^Seriously.

After seeing (basically) the same setlist all three times I've seen them over the course of 9 years, I'm starting to have second thoughts about going to this show. Part of me feels like I'll kick myself for not seeing one of my favorite bands when I get the chance, and part of me wonders if it's worth $120 (!!!) to see the same show I've seen over and over already.

Then again, if they mix up two or three songs it would be worth it. If they play "The Patient" or "Intolerance" or something I'm going to be kicking myself for not going. So there's that.
    If I lived in Phoenix/Tempe I'd go, but I definitely wouldn't travel for this.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    If I lived in Phoenix/Tempe I'd go, but I definitely wouldn't travel for this.
    Yeah, I only live about 15 minutes from this, so it would be close.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    That's a sweet suit.

lol at seeing nard with a walking stick

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    That's a sweet suit.

lol at seeing nard with a walking stick

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I don't know what's funnier, that above pic, or the fact that the time between the last Tool album and the next, Maynard's had a hip replaced and uses a walking stick.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I hope he carries his pimp cane on stage with him. THAT would be worth the price of admission.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    So i have a feeling that there will be at least a FEW more dates.

I mean, they are getting together, working out a set list, rehearsing, hiring an LD and putting together a light show, etc etc.

I can't imagine them doing that for just one show.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I really hate people complaining about set lists. Set lists aren't designed for people who go to multiple shows. And, frankly, a band like Tool puts on a big show so it takes some work to mix things up on the fly.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I really hate people complaining about set lists. Set lists aren't designed for people who go to multiple shows. And, frankly, a band like Tool puts on a big show so it takes some work to mix things up on the fly.
    According to Adam (via this VIP report: http://www.fourtheye.net/2014/07/not...ool-tour-2014/) Maynard decides on the set list on the day of the show.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    According to Adam (via this VIP report: http://www.fourtheye.net/2014/07/not...ool-tour-2014/) Maynard decides on the set list on the day of the show.
    From a handful of songs, obviously. He certainly can't choose from their entire discography and fly by the seat of their pants.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Considering that most of the people going are probably the hardcore fans. Then again, they're probably going to go anyway...

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tool are STUCK in their rut, totally totally stuck. Stuck on repeat. For a band that preached creativity and freedom and "distrust authority" this is just so embarassing. Fuck, I'd rather hear them randomly jamming for two hours, or playing a cover set, or anything, just anything but this same old same old again. Take a leaf out of your heroes The Melvins' book, or Skinny Puppy. At least those guys are putting out records, trying new things.
    The last thing I would ever have wanted Tool to become is predictable: and here they are, you go to a Tool show already knowing pretty much exactly what you'll see and hear, give or take a song or two. Here they are, touring the same album for close to a decade.
    How did it come to this?

Put out a new album already, develop a new show, do something different: then we'll talk.

I am totally patient for the new album, but these live shows strike me as a complete waste of time. If it's a question of raising money, I'm sure they have a ton of stuff in the vaults they could release instead.
    Last edited by aggroculture; 06-24-2015 at 03:27 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    When I see the same setlists, no new album, releasing a repackaged, non-remastered Opiate, it really makes me wonder on how much they care. Are they even trying? I think the band is done, and everyone's in denial about it. They all have their own projects and so on. Tool clearly isn't their priority anymore.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    I see where you guys are coming from.

I saw tool twice on two separate tours and they played pretty much the same set list.
    I was fucking shocked and felt ripped off and i haven't seen them since. I didn't go see them on 10,000 days because of it.

That being said, tool probably needs to make money, maybe they still like to play, and there are plenty of younger fans who have yet to see them, OR fans like my wife who just never got the chance. Imagine if you were 16 and just discovered tool 2 or 3 years ago, and it turns out that you have a chance to go see them. That would be bad ass, right?
    Furthermore, i'd go see them now, because i HAVENT seen the 10,000 days show yet.
    What i would really love is for them to come out and play a totally different show. Hell, play all of opiate and go from there. I doubt that will happen, but it would certainly be cool.

I'm optimistic. I don't think they are done YET. I think they have ONE MORE bad ass album in them, and that will probably be about it.
    But i'm still right here, giving blood, keeping faith.
    And it's even harder for me because i DON'T like Puscifer.
    But i'm trying to keep supporting tool, god help me, i'm trying.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Tool

Okay, first of all. I saw them on the pre-10k Days theater show and on the 10k Days tour and aside from a few staple songs (Sober, Stinkfist, Ænema) they were different enough. They have at least 3 "event" songs. Jambi, Rosetta Stoned, and Wings for Marie/10k Days that are significant productions.

Second, they have toyed with playlists here and there and, surprise, people are upset they heard an extended Opiate but not Pushit.

MOST people only go to one show per tour or per leg of the tour. My wife has never seen them and would love to see them if they came around, set list be damned.

And finally don't you guys dare get all greedy and shitty and act like these guys haven't been busy for 9 years. There was the original tour for about 2 years. Some other tours, legal issues, at least three side projects, three of the guys had kids, a serious illness, and a hip replacement.

Don't be dicks.