Page 213 of 264 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203 211 212 213 214 215 223 263 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,390 of 7892

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    I am still shell-shocked that Killing Joke is opening for Tool and I am going to get to see this. I 100% expect to lose my fucking mind at this show. My two favorite bands. But I just know KJ is going to absolutely kill it.

Edit: If this does NOT kick you into raging out, you are dead.

https://open.spotify.com/track/1rVXx...TaCSOxSB7Is6rg

wow thank you!
    that is excellent. i had heard of this band in passing, this sounds fantastic

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Ok, guess the way you made the comment made you seem like a teenager who didn’t know the struggle.

No ill on this side.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    yikes, I'll be sure to include a trigger warning next time (or at least an /s, although Conan I think you saw my post before I deleted it)

In other news, Aftershock has Sunday VIP tix available again - $230. Cheaper than current scalper prices for the other Tool shows, but I think I'm tapped out...

https://aftershock.frontgatetickets....z1tgkfwvkqsh2v

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperpower View Post
    wow thank you!
    They have two self-titled albums. One is their debut from 1980, the other is from 2003. I highly suggest everyone planning to see them check both out ASAP.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I highly suggest everyone planning to see them check both out ASAP.
    Aside from the Foo's cover of Requiem, I have no knowledge of this band. Thanks.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Aside from the Foo's cover of Requiem, I have no knowledge of this band. Thanks.
    Never heard Trent's remix of Democracy?

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    wow thank you!
    Killing Joke is incredible... more introduction:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    wow thank you!
    Yeah the new album has some real gems. Really, their entire catalogue is full of them. Fortunately there is a lot to explore and keep a newcomer busy for a while.

Hope everyone spreads the word and folks don't downplay them as just another "opening act." This is a big deal for all involved, especially the mates in Tool.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Never heard Trent's remix of Democracy?
    Ha! How many cred points do I lose? Pretty decent.

Honestly, aside from Things Falling Apart, and the occasional Fixed, I rarely wade into the remixes (either by TR or NIN songs by others). My loss, probably, but it seems so hit / miss I just tend to lose interest.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Aftershock schedule is up, Tool gets 90 minutes. A horrific 7:25 - 8:55 closing set. I guess all the suburban dads can still meet their 11pm bed times.
    They'll get to play, what? A nice 5, maybe 6 song set? lol

Also, I think the sun will still be up then... I donno how well TOOL in the day time will go over. Their set relies on the lights. Other than that, it's 4 guys standing there not moving.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 09-12-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Weather.com shows that today’s sunset is at 7:18. Another month from now, they should be starting the show in pretty much total darkness- there’ll probably be a bit of light out from the sun but not much.

Hour and a half is *fairly* standard for festivals. I don’t think they played that long at Chicago Open Air- that had some to do with the weather though. They only played for 75 minutes the one time I saw them in St. Paul In 2012, but they made great use of it and killed it by not dicking around in between songs, hammering them out. They started that show in complete sun light.

Festivals suck, BTW. I hope whoever goes has a good time though.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Weather.com shows that today’s sunset is at 7:18. Another month from now, they should be starting the show in pretty much total darkness- there’ll probably be a bit of light out from the sun but not much.

Hour and a half is *fairly* standard for festivals. I don’t think they played that long at Chicago Open Air- that had some to do with the weather though. They only played for 75 minutes the one time I saw them in St. Paul In 2012, but they made great use of it and killed it by not dicking around in between songs, hammering them out. They started that show in complete sun light.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I would generally agree but i went to aftershock for NIN a couple year ago and it was a pretty well run smaller festival, only two stages too so it's easy to navigate, all in all a good experience.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    If Jaz actually shows up and doesn't fuck off to Siberia or wherever, KJ will be an excellent opener for Tool on this tour..

The new album has grown on me considerably, as I figured it would. Pneuma is still just a blatant Schism re-write, but knocks pretty good regardless. I could listen to Tempest on repeat for hours; definitely a career highlight for them. The theory about being able to listen to the tracklisting in reverse order to get a parallel narrative is actually kind of neat, too..

Hopefully someone manages to sneak in some gear and tape some of these fall shows. As of present, only one known silver set from the Spring 2019 show exists, but it is spicy: https://www.ebay.com/itm/TOOL-Live-U...0AAOSwrdRda6db

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    If Jaz actually shows up and doesn't fuck off to Siberia or wherever, KJ will be an excellent opener for Tool on this tour.
    Context?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    There will come a time when you appreciate a 9am curfew, as a parent or not.
    Who the fuck has a curfew that lets them stay out until 9 in the fucking morning? My entire soul hurts just thinking about the notion of being awake that long.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Who the fuck has a curfew that lets them stay out until 9 in the fucking morning?
    Whoooooooooooops.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I really hope for those of you who can attend that KJ (or rather Jaz specifically) doesn't pull any nonsense and cancel shows, which happens often. They remain one of the absolute best live bands I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I really hope for those of you who can attend that KJ (or rather Jaz specifically) doesn't pull any nonsense and cancel shows, which happens often. They remain one of the absolute best live bands I've ever seen.
    After having listened to the few tracks linked in the last page or two, i really do hope to see this band live.

On another note regarding Tool, i am looking for some help, mostly have questions regarding streaming services as i do not use any of them however i am interested in the HD versions of the older albums. Any help would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I am interested in the HD versions of the older albums. Any help would be appreciated.
    https://www.hdtracks.com/music/artist/view/id/28697/

All of Bob Ludwig's 24 bit 96kHz digital transfers from the studio master tapes are right there. You can also get a discount code for signing up you can apply to cart for 20% off total.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    https://www.hdtracks.com/music/artist/view/id/28697/

All of Bob Ludwig's 24 bit 96kHz digital transfers from the studio master tapes are right there. You can also get a discount code for signing up you can apply to cart for 20% off total.
    You know, it's kinda bs that those who purchased the physical copy of FI don't get an option for an HD download....

edit: I'm gonna shell out the 88 bucks for all 5 albums plus opiate in wav anyways, because I love tool that much, but still, come on guys.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 09-14-2019 at 11:29 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    A friend of mine just sent me this screen shot and now I kinda wanna track down this sunshade (its $49.99)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    A) Guessing they look like absolute shit.
    B) It's a bootlegger...I personally can't stomach the thought of paying bootleggers, especially when I know how much it pisses off a particular artist.
    C) If you really want to throw the dice, I'd suggest maybe just printing your own own - then you can even pick the unlicensed Tool artwork of your choice instead of a pre-selected one.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    God, those Fa*ebook ads for bootleg merch are so fucking obnoxious. I report them every single time I see one for being illegal, and the damn things just pop up again like cockroaches.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    On another note regarding Tool, i am looking for some help, mostly have questions regarding streaming services as i do not use any of them however i am interested in the HD versions of the older albums. Any help would be appreciated.
    Just saw this about Amazon Music HD service. Haven't had a chance to read it in detail. Thought someone might find it useful. https://techcrunch.com/2019/09/17/am...dio-streaming/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinspots View Post
    Just saw this about Amazon Music HD service. Haven't had a chance to read it in detail. Thought someone might find it useful. https://techcrunch.com/2019/09/17/am...dio-streaming/
    Oh wow! This is actually pretty cool. Cheaper than Tidal. If I'm gonna pay $10 for Spotify (sorry, always thought they sounded shit) and their crappy audio, may as well go with this since I have Prime. Be nice if they start selling music in lossless.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Oh wow! This is actually pretty cool. Cheaper than Tidal. If I'm gonna pay $10 for Spotify (sorry, always thought they sounded shit) and their crappy audio, may as well go with this since I have Prime.
    Yeah if you've already got Prime this is kind of a no-brainer. I'd imagine Tidal is sweating balls. They're going to have to come down to compete since Amazon already has a huge customer base and resources to market HD streaming audio. Spotify and Apple are already juggernauts due to established customer bases as well however so hopefully this will force them to launch full resolution 16bit/44.1 - 48 kHz and hires 24bit/44.1 - 192 kHz streaming as well to maintain.

Edit: Hopefully these companies are smart about implementation into their existing applications though and don't just resample everything. HD audio is only as good as the resolution and bitrate of the original digital masters (i.e. A spade's a spade). They really need a feature built into their apps that allows you to see locked bit perfect playback with your device's internal DAC or linked external DAC and only resample when playback is limited by the chip. Otherwise this is just gimmicky horseshit and a waste of bandwidth. Hell, it's a waste of bandwidth besides unless you've got a good DAC+AMP combo and quality speakers/headphones.
    Last edited by pulse; 09-17-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    https://www.loudersound.com/news/too...ulum-follow-up

This is good news, but it looks like it will be a minimum of five years...

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    https://www.loudersound.com/news/too...ulum-follow-up

This is good news, but it looks like it will be a minimum of five years...
    Wasn’t Danny the same one saying the last album was almost finished and ready to come out every year since 2015/2014?