Page 14 of 263 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Yup, complete crap, as always.

With Tool, you just ignore every bit of news they post on their website except for "this is the name of the new album and this is when it comes out." Everything else is just pure trolling.
    This.

Like, we get it.... you guys don't like the media and blah blah blah.. fuck with your fans, blah blah blah. The last time I went to their site was when 10,000 Days was coming out... because we like.. knew

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Got stuck behind a Camry today. License plate MJK-8.

Somehow, seeing a baby blue colored Toyota with those initials on it just seemed...odd.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fortysixand2 View Post
    Tool and Puscifer at the same festival!
    http://www.riversedgemusicfestival.com
    Tempting... VERY Tempting...

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Mmmm Tool and Puscifer together. And only 10 miles from home. Won't miss it. Anybody else coming to the party?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Looks like Maynard is getting double payday.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Thinking that i may have to check it out, since it's fairly close.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If you are a really cool & hip person, you can stay at my place Minneapolis. ETS meetup!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    TOOL in The Loft, April 2012.

Last edited by Harry Seaward; 04-12-2012 at 06:05 PM.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Damn. Adam is getting gray.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Damn. Adam is getting gray.
    I don't think Adam's ever been an especially... healthy looking person. 90% of the time, he looks like he just got done shooting up. His hair is the least of his worries.

As long as he doesn't crap out anytime soon and keeps shredding, it's all good to me.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    You think so? ha ha. I've never had that impression, but you might be right.

Actually, the other guys are probably completely gray, too. They probably just dye their hair.

Edit: You see what happens when you take over six years between albums? People start discussing your HAIR COLOR. Come on, Tool. Hurry up.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah I think it's about as deep as 'He's getting old.'

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    ^^Exactly.

But, wait- if they're getting old, will this affect their insanely energetic live performances?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    You think so? ha ha. I've never had that impression, but you might be right.
    To me, Adam has always looked like he just got punched in the face repeatedly.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    To me, Adam has always looked like he just got punched in the face repeatedly.
    Are you sure you're not looking at the statue?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    More pictures from The Loft:

I wasn't around when 10,000 Days was released, so it's pretty cool to be around for the conception/birth of this one. Color me excited!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I knew you were younger than six!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I wasn't around when 10,000 Days was released, so it's pretty cool to be around for the conception/birth of this one. Color me excited!
    If you've never been around for a Tool album buildup, know this. It'll take another 3 years at least and by that time people almost inevitably let their expectations run so wild that when listening to it the first time is not as mind-blowing and transcendental an experience as the best acid trip ever combined with the second coming of Jesus Christ on the night you lost your virginity, they get very pissed off.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by think i'm a fire engine View Post
    If you've never been around for a Tool album buildup, know this. It'll take another 3 years at least and by that time people almost inevitably let their expectations run so wild that when listening to it the first time is not as mind-blowing and transcendental an experience as the best acid trip ever combined with the second coming of Jesus Christ on the night you lost your virginity, they get very pissed off.
    ...Or if it sucked as much as 10,000 Days did.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    No, it was the decoy album that sucked.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Well 10,000 Days is my favorite Tool album, so as long as they keep on that track, I'm sure I'll be pleased.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Somewhere a while back I read that Jambi's general sound was revisited in the new album.
    Last edited by Amaro; 04-15-2012 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Typo, you asshole.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I hope the new album's good. See, I want to believe them, and I want to trust them, and I want to have faith to buy the new album, but...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Don't forget that it's not as good as Undertow/Lateralus/Opiate/AENima/10,000 Days and my favorite album is Undertow/Lateralus/Opiate/AENima/10,000 Days and this is different.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    toolololol

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I hope the new album's good. See, I want to believe them, and I want to trust them, and I want to have faith to buy the new album, but...
    I used to collect nothing but Tool stuff (hell, I've still got it all, Eulogy promo CD, etc, it's all stacked away), but the moment when Maytard decided to go down the road of The Outsider video is when everything came crashing down for me. He lost his mother, granted, and it made a major change in him. The sincerity in the music is still there, though to much smaller degrees (i.e. Momma Sed, The Humbling River), but a whole lot of filler crap transpired post-Lateralus, and I gave up.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I used to collect nothing but Tool stuff (hell, I've still got it all, Eulogy promo CD, etc, it's all stacked away), but the moment when Maytard decided to go down the road of The Outsider video is when everything came crashing down for me. He lost his mother, granted, and it made a major change in him. The sincerity in the music is still there, though to much smaller degrees (i.e. Momma Sed, The Humbling River), but a whole lot of filler crap transpired post-Lateralus, and I gave up.
    So just say you're not a fan. The Outsider video is a outside my tastes, but it hasn't impacted how much I like the sincerity behind Maynard's lyrics or the music in Tool. Maynard's newest work with Puscifer has lyrical sincerity in spades.

This sense of humor has been there since the very beginning. It's annoying to see people start to bash fans of the newer material and the newer material itself instead of just walking away.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Undertow's such a masterpiece. With every listen i find more and more delicate details. Lateralus is often regarded as a pinnacle but it doesn't offer much in terms of replayability ☺

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    So just say you're not a fan. The Outsider video is a outside my tastes, but it hasn't impacted how much I like the sincerity behind Maynard's lyrics or the music in Tool. Maynard's newest work with Puscifer has lyrical sincerity in spades.

This sense of humor has been there since the very beginning. It's annoying to see people start to bash fans of the newer material and the newer material itself instead of just walking away.
    I am a fan, a huge fan, just not of the stupid shit. The stupid shit was more tolerable when Maynard kept his mouth shut and the mystery aura was still there, but it's a different time and place now.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah what's with everyone and their moms here saying that now? SO JUST COME ON MAN. COME OUT AND SAY IT. YOU'RE NOT A FAN ANYMORE. JUST ADMIT IT MAN.

Who gives a shit. You may not consider me a Manson fan because I bash on him all day long, but fuck it...he's a drunk turd now. Maynard is doing a lot of stuff to alienate people. So what if someone 'isn't a fan'? That gonna change anything? Big whoop.